AIG Life insurance / refused to my request for a cash surrender of my term life starting in 2007.

1 Amarillo, TX, United States

I purchased my term life insurance back in the early 1970's from AGI agent Frank Copeland from their Greensboro office. Since than I've found out he's been transferred to Ohio where he retired from. In 2005 I was contacted via agent Kathleen Paulin (agent code 0548). She stated that she was my new agent and reviewed my policy with me and my wife. At that time she went over options with us and was to contact us in 6 months for our discussion. That was the last time we heard from her. In 2007 I sent her a letter stating that I wanted to buy a $100, 000.00 whole life policy and surrender the balance for the surrender cash value. She still did not respond. After my house burnt in 2007 I wrote her yet another letter stating that this time I wanted to surrender the term policy for the surrendering cash value. She still did not respond. Then I found out AIG moved out of Greensburg, disconnected their phones, and left town. They did not send out any notification, new phone number, or tell me whether I had a new agent. In the past ten years AIG has not responded to any of my letters or faxes.

Ga