African world of Braids / hair

1 Roxoboro roadDurham, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 919-477-6666

I went to the African World of Braids shop on friday to get my hair done is some micros and the lady did it and did a very good job, and when she almost done doing my hair a lady walked in and was saying that he hair would not curl and was wondering what she could do to make it curl because she had tried eveything but nothing worked, so I should have listened to that...I have had micros several times before and never have had hair like this before...It felt to me more like synthetic hair than human hair...Iwas very upset because this is not what I paid for...So I called the owner and let him know he started off kinda of nice but whne I told him that I was not happy about the hair he brushed it off, and I did not pay normal price for micros which is $180 I paid $190, and they are charging people all this money but not using the correct kind of hair...Then the owner of the shop was saying that they would make it wet n wavy for me so that would make me happy, but that is not what i paid for, so he tells me if I refer 10 people he will do my hair for free, and he would give me 20 percent off of my next visit, why would i do this and that just means that i am going to be paying almost another $200 on getting my hair done again, I cannot trust them and they know that they are doing you wrong and you still want people to give you their business...no I am just so frustrated I dont know what to do, but if you want quality hair and a good job with no mess afterwards if you have an issue go some where else not to African World of Braids...

Lo

More African world of Braids Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Wa
      25th of Mar, 2011

yes I agree with the above complaint about the hair not been able to curl so YES it is SYNTHETIC so all new comers BEWARE!. I have been experience the same problem and will never go back again. The lady who did my hair was actually the owners sister(Richard) she was very nice and everything and the braids turn out okay. but I only had them for 2wks and they are already looking like I had them a month so I wasted my $180 cause they have to come out. I have tired rolling the braids and hot curling the braids niether worked... But I will WARN any and everybody who is considering going please don't expect honestly cause u will not recieve good quailty hair like you should. And all SALES are FINAL!