Afni Inc. / Collecting on debt past statute of limitations
Just received a collection letter from Afni, Inc. for over $100.00 from Verizon New York for a phone # I did not recognize. I called and I was told that this is a debt from 1994!!! That is over 13 years ago! I told them to stop collections immediately because I cannot prove that I paid this bill without calling all my former banks and possibly paying them money to research months of canceled checks.
I also told them that the statute of limitations has run and they cannot sue me, therefore any further collection attempts would be solely to harass or annoy me.
They tried to tell me that the statute of limitations has run only to report on my credit report, I said, no you cannot sue me either. That was that!
More Afni Inc. Complaints & Reviews
- Afni Collections - These rip-offs must be punished for what they are doing! 
- Afni, Inc. - Fraudulent 11 year old verizon bill! 
- Afni Collections - Scam and cheating 
- Afni Collections - collections notice 
- Afni-Bloom - Damaged credit 
- Afni, Inc. - collection call for wrong balance
- Afni, Inc. - us cellular
- Afni, Inc. - Unethical behaviour, attempt to collect false debt
- Afni, Inc - False claim, stating i owe $8, 779. 44 to them, or my license will be suspended. 
- AFNI - Former Employee