Afni, Inc. / Scam collectors
Today is 2/25/2008 and I have just received a bill from Afni stating I owe on an old Verizon account; in the amount of $90.86 and that they will settle for $45.43. This is very intresting because I have never had Verizon.
They have never appeared on past credit reports. So I checked my all my current credit reports and found them listing that I owe them.
Of course I called the number they listed, and yes it was disconnected. I called Verizon and they said that that isn't even one of their numbers! I visited Budd Hibbs and [redacted] on the WWW only to find out that this agency was scamming me.
I E-mailled the BBB, FTC, State attorney generals office and next I am going to file mail fraud with the USPS; and I even paid to do a search on that phone number with no results!
I am really upset about this bogus claim on my credit report and have never had the phone number they claim I had, nor have I ever had a Verizon account. I owe nothing to Verizon or these people and I am not giving them one red cent.
I want an apology from Afni, Inc on their letter head signed by their owners and managers; and I want them off my credit report as well as print outs at their expense of the corrected credit reports.
What gives them the right to steal my identity and make up a bogus bill?
How many more California people have been scammmed by this outfit?
Someone needs to shut these type of rip off artists down and fine them big time.
More Afni, Inc. Complaints & Reviews
- Afni Collections - These rip-offs must be punished for what they are doing! 
- Afni, Inc. - Fraudulent 11 year old verizon bill! 
- Afni Collections - Scam and cheating 
- Afni Collections - collections notice 
- Afni-Bloom - Damaged credit 
- Afni, Inc. - collection call for wrong balance
- Afni, Inc. - us cellular
- Afni, Inc. - Unethical behaviour, attempt to collect false debt
- Afni, Inc - False claim, stating i owe $8, 779. 44 to them, or my license will be suspended. 
- AFNI - Former Employee