Aflacuneducated staff and negligent claim service

I've been an aflac customer for over a decade. I've referred several dozen new customers locally where I live. I've even been a large proponent of having numerous coworkers enroll as well. Within the last 6 months i've experienced incredibly unprofessional customer service and an even more uneducated staff. I don't know what kind of modeling changes have happened lately with this company, but it's been absolutely egregious in nature. It seems that there must be some massive fiscal shift in their coverage and how their staff is educated. It seems as if their staff is trying to deny claims, in hopes people will get frustrated and give up.

I have an insurance background myself, and have been in the medical field for the past thirteen years. So yes, I understand how "the system" works. Companies such as this, will deny claims to build their coffers, until legal interactions have to take place, then they will settle out claims as quickly as possible, to save legal costs. Then, after you've had to pay for legal representation, you've paid far more money than your claim with aflac was to settle. At work, we are currently in the process of dropping their coverage, due to many of our employees experiencing the same incredibly negative situations. I wouldn't be surprised if a class-action lawsuit arises against this company soon.

Rf
Jun 09, 2018

Comments

• Di
      Jul 17, 2018

Very unprofessional customer service and managers

• Di
      Jul 17, 2018

My son broke his wrist on 5/15 he saw his orthopedic surgeon on 5/17. Aflac is denying my claim stating that he wasn’t seen in 72 hours. I have been going back on forth with them since 6/12 and to date no resolution. Every time you call you have to repeat the same information over and over. If you request to speak to a manager One is never available they tell you expect a call back but don’t hold your breath as you will NEVER get a call back