Affordable Dentures / fraud and cheating

United States Review updated:
4.5

I ordered the custom dentures from the company. The day they gave them to me I informed them the dentures did not fit. They told me it was fine and come back in 2 weeks and they would do a remake if needed, and adjust it otherwise. I used my old dentures for the 2 weeks and when I returned they told me they would only fix any sore spots I may have and replied 'I dunno what to tell you' when I said they didn't fit.

Then a man came in and said the new teeth were same as the old and I said 'no look there man, its the gum thats too high'. The man then turned and bent over about 12 inches from my face and shouted 'DON'T CALL ME MAN! YOU CAN CALL ME SIR WITH RESPECT'. I could smell alcohol on his breath and was very nervous about his aggression because he was a very tall large man. I said 'man is just an expression, I didn't mean it with disrespect, just trying to show you the problem area on the denture'.

The man then continued shouting and said 'Get up and get out of here! GET OUT! HIT THE BRICKS BUDDY!' I was afraid to say anything else because he was red in the face and obviously drinking so I got up and left. As I left I noticed there were at least 2 other customers in the cubicles beside mine who heard the exchange. Also my fiance was there with me. At the front we asked them to put in writing that they were refusing to make the adjustment and the receptionist stated 'I ain't giving you nothing in writing, bye'. There were about 12 customers in the lobby who heard this exchange as well.

I have never been treated this way in my life and I cannot remember being that afraid for my safety. He frightened me so much that after I left when I realized he still had the teeth the company made that did not fit, I was afraid to go back so I just called and asked. I was placed on hold then the line went dead.

I will tell you that after having thought about this overnight I am getting very upset. I paid for custom dentures that would fit, and I was given something that I cannot wear at all. I want custom dentures that fit... I paid for it. I do not want any drama about it, I did not pay for drama and intimidation. The part that unsettles me most about all of this is that I am 26 yrs old but I noticed many of your customers are senior citizens and I should really hope and pray that this office is not treating them the same way they treated (attacked) me if they try to get them to stand behind their quality promises. I have looked online and found quite a few testimonials from consumers that are almost the same as mine. Very unsettling. I am hereby demanding in writing that Affordable Dentures refund my money because they not only didn't provide dentures that fit, but they kept them when I tried to get them to make them fit. I will cc my attorney on this email in case Affordable Dentures decides to outright scam me.

I will take legal action but my point of this post was to warn anyone going to this company from wasting your money, especially seniors cause with a drunk raging lunatic dentist they could suffer serious mental or even physical anguish. This company is bad news, i don't know how they have been around even 1 year other than maybe the people they try to scam and bully around can't afford a lawyer. Thanks for your time, and please take my warning or you will regret it.
Le

Comments

Ra
  31st of Aug, 2009
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...glad i read this comment and others as was going to take my girlfreind to this place"affordable", here in myrtle beach, but not now, well go to sextons dental clinic..
  3rd of Sep, 2009
you have to realize that the people on these boards are onyl the ones with negative experiences, or they are dentists whose practices are struggling because they lose the $6k from each denture patient. As with every company, there may be a bad doctor in the corporation. Otherwise, the dentures are made to the same quality of most dental labs, and they are forced to "herd" many people in so that they can manage to make them so affordable.
Jo
  22nd of Sep, 2009
I am sure there are just as many, if not more positive testimonies for Affordable Dentures as there are negative. The Lady that called the dentist "man" had the nerve to complain about the disrespect she received, but she also disrespected the dentist by calling him " man" instead of by his name.
I don't know if any of you reading this has ever been to Las Vegas and stayed at the Circus Circus hotel and casino. All these negative stories remind me of the negative stories I had read about Circus Circus. I had booked my stay in Las Vegas for this hotel and casino, after reading all the negative reviews I was begining to wonder if I had made a mistake by booking my stay there. Well I went and I had a great time, the reviews were far more worse than the hotel and casino. I learned not to judge a business by what someone writes in a review. Not everyone is going to be totally 100% satisfied with the service they are given everywhere, so of course they are going to air their complaint and add more to it than actually happened. I have not been to Affordable Dentures yet, but I am going to go and I will not let some sour pus with a negative lifestyle ruin my day. I will judge the place myself.
Ho
  16th of Mar, 2016
Let's just say Affordable Dentures are not at all what they appear to be. I had a tooth fall out, front tooth at that and they want to charge me to fix it and charge me for an office visit. Furthermore, the nurse told me I wasn't suppose to eat Fritos or any hard foods with my front teeth. No one ever mentioned this to me and she was extremely rude and told me to go some where else if I was not happy with the service I was receiving. This happened today. Before using this service, read all the reviews, you will want to find a better, more qualified dentist who care about their patients.

Affordable Dentures & Implants / Affordable Care Logo Affordable Dentures & Implants / Affordable Care
Overall Satisfaction Rating