Aetna / disability insurance

1 Danbury, CT, United States

filed for a Short Term Disability claim. My Doctor's diagnosis and observations support my claim, yet Aetna as denied the claim twice. I get a myriad of excuses; paperwork not received, cannot reach Doctor, Insufficient information, New obtained detailed information not sufficient. It is outrageous. My benefits state that if I have a disability that keeps me from performing my job effectively I am covered. That is the case and it is supported by my Medical Providers. Aetna Representative Charlei Lang informed me that my symptoms are not debilitating enough. Memory loss, sleep disorder, anxiety, difficulty completing tasks, recall issues, poor decision making, overall though process has slowed, etc... All of these contribute to me not being able to perform my work effectively. My coverage does not state that I have to be completely debilitated. It states that if something is keeping me from performing my work effectively I am covered. Because of the tactics executed by Aetna, my Depression and Anxiety is worse than ever. I was making good progress but now I have retreated. I have been led on for 4 months with no pay. The mental anguish that has been caused is unacceptable.

Mi