Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz CompanyNot allowed to rent when randy said it would be fine

My son and I called Hertz to make sure that he could rent a car. He is a college student, 28 years old, traveling from Virginia to Colorado. I called the customer service number and spoke to Randy at the Durango, Colorado Hertz Rental Cars at the airport. My son has $4000 in the bank and a perfect driving record, no accidents, no tickets. Randy said they would pull is credit report and I asked if they would still rent him a car even though his credit report is in the low 600's and Randy said no problem. Today he is at the airport and trying to rent a car and the lady at the desk and the MANAGER (Randy is off during the weekends), denied him the rental due to his CREDIT REPORT. I don't understand, what does a credit report have to do with anything anyway. He's got the money and a perfect driving record...I am so upset because Randy said it would be OK and now him ad his girlfriend are stuck at the airport. Randy said it would be OK...now what are they to do...and to top it off nobody works on the weekends that I can talk to. I use to rent with Hertz all the time because the company I worked for did. NOT ANY MORE!!! Today is 3/4/2017 at 5:15 EST and my son is miles and miles away from Virginia and I can't help him...you all (and Randy) really have made me very upset.

Cy
Mar 04, 2017

Comments

•   Mar 04, 2017

Randy does not control every Hertz location or their policies. There may have been another issue...does your son not have a credit card? No rental agency I know of pulls your credit to rent a car. They ask for a credit card.