Advanta bank / Closed account

1 Ozark, MO, United States Review updated:

After reading many complaints against this company that sound even worse than mine I will throw my two worth. About a year ago last Christmas my wife was going in for some surgery so I made a payment for November then a week or so later gave them another 1000 dollars so my Dec. bill would be covered and I could be with her. I'm in the hospital with her they call and say I'm late with my Dec. payment and demand payment over the phone. I told them that I had already made this payment and they argued that I made it to soon and they applied it to Nov. so I agreed to pay the min. to get rid of them. Then they charged me a late fee and raised my rate from 7% to 14%.I did finally get them to drop the late fee after a very heated discussion.
I have since used the card and carried a zero balance monthly so as not to be charged 14%.
Today they have informed me that they have canceled my account. I asked them why and they couldn't tell me all they could do is tell me there is a letter in the mail. I'm not crying over losing this card because they have been terrible to work with and until recently their website was a nightmare to figure out, but I would like to let people know this is not a good company to do business with and I hope with the economy being so bad that other credit card companies don't follow this path as well.

In conclusion: I can only assume they are in big money trouble and are dumping people like me who pay off their bill every month and keeping the 25% interest people. Right now they owe me 31.10 in rewards.
Other funny note today I got a statement in the mail telling me what a wonderful customer I am and wants me to start banking with them 24/7 LOL

Comments

• De
      11th of May, 2009

If you account is closed and your rewards balance is less than $50, you'll never see that $31.

• Ra
      11th of May, 2009

As you requested, Advanta is providing you with the following account information.

We have mailed the Cash Back Rewards check for $31.11 to the address on file. You will receive it in 7-10 business days.

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your business needs. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Center. You can visit us online 24 hours a day at www.advanta.com or call us toll free at (800) 705-7255, Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time.

Jasmine T.

I'll let you know if it ever shows up I'm not holding my breath.