advanced acai weight loss system / False advertisement

I ordered a trial of the product, unaware that if I didn't cancel the product in a certain time that the FULL amount of the product would be charged to my credit card! Not only that but unaware that it is an automatic shipment! Received credit card statement with charges and had not received any product.

Comments

• Ti
      18th of Feb, 2010

Here's a more direct way to avoid such scams --

Acai is an excessively abundant provincial Amazon berry. It sells for $1 a bottle of freshly squeezed juice at any major Amazon city, where something like 400, 000 lbs of acai berry are sold every. The species (euterpe oleracea) grows in the wild and on plantations by the billions. It is a weed species - the very same one used for hearts-of-palm (you know, the cheap $2.00 cans), a product which kills the fruiting trunk.

People outside the Amazon region are paying out the ### for this product, marketed by greedy advertising charlatans. They pay next to nothing to acquire their acai product (most of their cost is packaging), and they artificially inflate it's value, by spinning all this washy BS about it being a "superfood" and having superior "health virtue." These unscrupulous US companies (not the native growers/harvesters) are making a killing because they make 500-1000% profit in many cases. It's abhorrent.

They are playing the ignorant public like a fiddle, all the while giving "health food" a bad name. The puvlic would do much better to be skeptical of anything making such claims. Make every effort to understand where things come from, and what it is. That way at least you'll have some perspective.

• Dk
      20th of Apr, 2010

I feel like another dummy. Boy did I ever fall for this scam!! I had some mon avie juice and didn't use the tablets for a couple weeks and lo and behold along came another bottle!! Then I looked at my credit card statement and had been charged for 2 bottles. FULL PRICE. I called, and contrary to what I've read here, I got to talk to a person who sent me to a supervisor, who cancelled my subscription and said they'd only charge me half the price. !!! The 2nd supervisor said she'd refund the whole purchase price. I have yet to see either, but I will dispute the charge on my card, and that's for sure. What a RIP OFF.