ADT Securityhome burglary monitoring

My home was monitored by adt security and when I moved out in 1/2017 I informed them that I now have only cell phone service since I had cancelled ny home phone line. However I requested that they continue the burglary monitoring service which I was told could be done through cell phone too.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Pearland, TX I continued paying the monthly service charge and to my shock discovered only last month (After 21 months) that my home was not being monitored because they needed to install a different equipment to monitor a home through cell phone. I was never told this initially and adt had no qualms to continue charging for a home they were not monitoring!! Of course I have now discontinued the service but I did not get any refund for the 21 months I was needlessly charged.

Comments

• Dm
      Jan 14, 2010
    ADT Security - horrendous customer service
    ADT Security

I had a Wells Fargo security system installed in my home in 1985. Tyco purchased Wells Fargo in 1998 and merged the company with ADT. This is to show I have had monitoring service for about 25 years of which 12 years have been with ADT.

My husband has been on disability for the past year and a half and although I have been slightly late with my payments, I have always called ADT's billing department to tell them when my payments would be expected. On 12/18/09, I was invoiced $105 which was my quarterly payment. This is the ONLY amount that was due to them.

Tonight, I received a call from the "home office" stating I owed them $60 and that they had terminated my service. No warning, no letters, no calls prior to the one this evening. I then called their 800# billing department and spoke to a manager (Lisa) who said my service was terminated because "they had made numerous calls and no one could reach me" along with the statement that letters had been sent regarding the termination. ALL LIES!!! Funny how the "home office" could make one phone call and reach me this evening to tell me my service was cancelled. I still do not understand how in this day and age, a major company like ADT would cancel a VERY long-time customer over a $60 bill that wasn't even 30 days late?

To that I say "GOOD RIDDANCE"!!! After reading the numerous online complaints about ADT that outnumber other monitoring services by 20 to 1, I can only hope homeowners do their research before signing up with a company who has zero value for their customers. I will also be asking my 3 family members who signed up (on my recommendation) with Wells Fargo back in 1985 to terminate THEIR relationship with ADT due to the unscrupulous way they do business.

• Mu
      Sep 06, 2010
    ADT Security - incompetence on the technical and sales side
    adt.com

I phoned ADT for a quote to update my alarm system, I got the quote WITHOUT anybody from ADT visiting my home. I am made arrangement with my office to be at home when they upgraded the alarm. I paid them before they arrived. The technician told me that he is unable to install the receiver for the remote as the system was quoted incorrectly. I phoned ADT directly after being informed of the problem. I waited an hour for somebody to phone me back. I phoned back eventually. Phumalani assured me that the quote was correct and that it can be done. He also promised me that they will some out again to fix the alarm on Saturday. I phoned this morning and they do not know about my installation. They are unwilling to help me and Phumalani is not answering my phone call. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT SECURITY COMPANY WILL BE ABLE TO DO THEIR JOBS? WE PAY HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY TO THEM EVERY MONTH FOR WHAT!!!

• He
      Sep 24, 2010
    ADT Security - adt doesn't know where to go
    adt.com

I have phoned ADT to complain and also e-mailed them twice, but had no response. We live in a small complex of only 5 houses. All of us are making use of ADT, when we signed with them ADT put a pad at the entrance so that they can have excess in case of any emergency. I can not tell you how many times I have been phoned, because our alarm went off, but the security can't enter because there is no pad at the gate. Every time this happened I would tell them that they are at the wrong complex, I then was told that they will resend the security guard out again. I am still waiting for the return of the security guard. This also happened to our nabours, she got phoned 10h00 the morning, but the security guard didn't have the pad number, she requested to be phoned back, after she again gave the number to ADT, even if all was ok. Only to find there house burglared when she arrived home after 5h00. We decided to pay for security to minimise the risk of break-ins and any unwanted person walking in and harming our children especially. But I feel no safer and are looking around for other companies that can assist us in keeping our children as safe as possible.

• To
      Sep 29, 2010
    ADT Security - adt not taking care of outstanding issues
    adt.com

On 240409 ADT's technician Andries made an upgrade at our shop in Midrand. We accepted a quote for R1751.04 but after the installation was done, the quote was changed to R2707.50. The shop manager that was working there at that stage received an Invoice, but when it was given through to our office in Centurion, the amount was changed and it was not signed as acceptance. We would like to know why has ONLY the amount been changed when nothing else did. Not the service nor the equipment. We would gladly pay R1751.04 since that was the accepted quotation. We have tried numerous times to contact ADT to find out why this has happened, but with no success. This morning was the last straw. Can someone please assist us in sorting this out?? This is really pathetic of ADT and we look forward to not working with them anymore.

• Mi
      Oct 06, 2010
    ADT Security - I have to deal with 2 strangers in my house at this time of night, supposedly putting in an alarm
    adt.com

Installation of ADT alarm system was booked for the 13th of August 2017 at 09:30. Subcontractor eventually arrived at 16:30 in an unmarked vehicle that was mistaken by my neighbours as another burglary in progress.
    Installation was completed by 23:30 – after at least an hour was wasted by technicians for going to buy and eating “supper”. So, after being traumatised by a burglary – I have to deal with 2 strangers in my house at this time of night, supposedly putting in an alarm.

To date there has been no quality control on this installation. I have no idea if this is working as it should or not. I have no idea if the “subcontractor” has access to my house that I’m not aware of. I don’t even know how to work the system properly!

On top of this – there is not even a sign up on my property indicating the alarm system. Now the accounts department is harassing me for the outstanding payment (less than half of original quote) and I’m expected to make an appointment with the technical department!

You can refund me my deposit and subsequent monthly charges – I will get a decent alternative and I might even return your equipment!

Oct 06, 2010
    ADT Security - absolutely ridiculously incompetence
    adt.com

I have been an ADT client for 2 years and wanted to install beams around my house. First I had to remind the sales consultant that he didn't specify the amount of beams on the quote. The new quote came back, I signed it and emailed it back to them. No response. A day before the installation I suddenly get a call to ask when am I going to make the 50% payment!!!The sales consultant smsed me the banking details. I find this highly unprofessional conduct. So I requested an email with the banking details. I then paid the 50% deposit. I asked SPECIFICALLY that installation must take place after 12 in the afternoon as I had prior engagements. Yet again, no one phoned even though it was promised via email. The next day the team arrivedat 11h20 at my house! Needless to say I had to rush home. The techinical team's service was the only part that I can compliment. They were professional and installation was perfect. I made the final payment and requested ADT to confirm that it is all in order. Now it is already 5 days later...and all they can tell me is that their sales consultant is very busy! What type of business are they running? Absolutely ridiculously incompetence.

Nov 10, 2010
    ADT Security - poor service
    ADT
    South Africa

Earlier this year we decided to get security from ADT, as our house do have a alarm cisterm, but it is not activated or connected anywhere, and not beiing used at all since we moved in a year ago. We decided to make use of ADT, as we stay in a security area where there is armed response from ADT already, and it would therefore cost us less to join them! What a mistake! One of their ladies come out and arranged for us to join, and we paid the necessary over to ADT, as well as for two new handsets. We were told the alarm will be activated as soon as we give them the pin code of the existing system. The previous owner, however now apparently have forgotten what it was. We thus phoned ADT to find out what can be done for us as we now have a alarm system that cannot be activated (according to ADT, due to not knowing the pin code) They suggested that we stop the monthly payments untill they came back with advice. We phoned the number given to us to stop the debit order for the monthly alarm system payments, and was told it is immediately stopped, this however just fall on DEAF ears as payments are still just goiing through every month without that we are activated!!! Numerous phone calls, and even an e-mail had no response. The only thing actually happening after some complaints, is that we, for 5 or 6 days thereafter, receive a note in the post box that our property was visited by ADT - at approximately 23:00 - but after this few days we do not hear anything from them again, until the next complaint regarding NOT ACTIVATED, then only notes in the post box for another 5 - 6 days! Last week Friday I put a note on their webside and was told that response will follow within 24 hours (except weekends) it is now Wednesday and still no response! Please help!

• Mi
      Nov 29, 2010
    ADT Security - what's the point paying for an armed response company that neither lets you know nor investigates the source of the alarm
    Adt Security

At just after midnight last night my alarm went off. I know what time it was because my neighbor was up late watching TV. ADT did not call me until after 2am. That's a full two hours. No one came to the house either.

What's the point paying for an armed response company that neither lets you know nor investigates the source of the alarm.

• Ba
      Nov 29, 2010

Depending on the state in which you reside...I would generate a formal complaint with the Secretary of State office. In Georgia, Private Security and Private Detective companies are held accountable and can be investigated through this department. As a licensed agency and a certified police officer with years of experience regarding response time, I understand how minutes can equate to loss of life and/or property. Two hours is unacceptable.

• So
      Nov 29, 2010

I have ADT and they are quite prompt when the alarm sounds. Local police showed up once quickly. I would definitely contact them and speak with a supervisor or someone. You deserve an explanation, and they need to know how this was messed up. It was during the holidays, a big time for thefts.

• Jc
      Dec 08, 2010

I saw an ad by another company (ALARM SVC CO OF AMERICA) in writing saying if you refer them a new customer they credit you 2 months free, refer 7 total and they give you free monitoring for life. Seems their specialty is getting monitored customers out of their contracts w/o you paying legal fees. Not sure how, but interesting. Their rate is $25/mth, the agreement is 3 yrs, and they can use most existing alarm systems (switch for free). I've been using them for about a year and I'm quite happy with them, plus my first 2 months were automatically free. They've been around for 30 years I think and I can't find anything negative about them. I found them on Google and Facebook. Take a look at their page: www.asca-us.com
    If you ever decide to try them, they've instructing me to give out my unique PIN code (so I get the referral = 2 months free)! PIN: IC-7000 (Thanks if you decide to use them)

• Jc
      Dec 08, 2010

This is outrageous and unacceptable by a supposedly 'respected' company! I saw an ad by another company (ALARM SVC CO OF AMERICA) in writing saying if you refer them a new customer they credit you 2 months free, refer 7 total and they give you free monitoring for life. Seems their specialty is getting monitored customers out of their contracts w/o them paying legal fees. Not sure how, but what's interesting is that this applies only in the last 6 months of your existing agreement. Their rate is $25/mth, the agreement is 3 yrs, and they can use almost any existing alarm system (switch for free). I've been using them since September of 2017 and I'm quite happy with them, plus my first 2 months were automatically free...so I paid $200 in my first year when they applied my only referral (6 more to go). They've been around for 30 years I think and I can't find anything negative about them. I found them on Google and Facebook. Take a look at their page: www.asca-us.com

• Wn
      Feb 12, 2011

Sorry you had to have this experience, but this was NOT adt. Subcontractors are from licensed dealers and not corporate adt. Corporate adt is way more professional than that. They also have in house installation techs that go through complete background checks and drug screens unlike subcontractors. If you live in the south jersey area, feel free to email and I will help however I can. [protected]@adt.com

• Ti
      Feb 22, 2011
    ADT Security - adt does not care about our security
    Adt Security

When we moved our business to Bezuidenhout's Valley we paid ADT several thousand rand to install a brand new alarm system at our warehouse premises. In March this year we made alterations to our warehouse and moved our offices out of the warehouse. It was then discovered that ADT had just joined our passives to existing wiring on the premises - now we know why there were so many false alarms. We required ADT to install passives in our new offices but we needed feedback from management because of the very poor initial installation (pointed out to the technician who visited our premises). The technician undertook to get management to contact us. To date we have had calls from 'ladies' phoning on behalf of the technical manager. They are unable to assist and always undertake to get the manager to contact us. Despite our having called several times the manager has still not contacted us. ADT takes their money every month for our armed response but are obviously not interested in our premises being safe and secure as nothing further has happened.

We should have realised that ADT was unreliable as they did not do the installation on the date booked but we had already paid .

Feb 23, 2011

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
    wow!!!
    I don't believe this.
    I

Feb 23, 2011

ADT is big corporate company with rules to satisfy customers. But not winning customers for every little things. I checked them on the contract it is clear when you will be caalled and when the police will be called etc... Ya some people dont know what they asked the company to do then they will be disappointed when the company enforce the agreement or the contract!!!
    Let us not cry!!!
    Read! Understand! Expect the Result!

• Ke
      Jun 28, 2011
    ADT Security - fraudulance
    ADT SECURITY
    South Africa

During May month I received lots of calls from ADT security agencies in Cape Town, they were claiming that I owe the company an amount of R1400.00, and my so-called ref: number: SER00189 and I was told I need to pay this amount with immediate effect, otherwise I will be blacklisted. I told those people that I do not have a contract with ADT security.I ask for the details of the contract, all my names and ID number was read from the contract, except the the addresses, contact details, and the bank details. I called the company on the 13th June 2017 for follow up of the matter, I was told I will be contacted soon, unfrortunately it was just empty promises. I decided to pay a visit at their Head offices in Brooklyn Pretoria on the 27th June 2017, for an investigation. I was assisted by Brenda Madulo, who promised to make an investigation, and on the 28th June 2017 called me to report that the matter has been resolved, without any explanation or apologies.
    This company really owe me a lot...! I am gonna take them to task. Please help me to remove my name at the credit beareu. I orded them to complete whatever fraud they have started and clear my name, but I have lost trust in that company.Thank you. K E Serapelo. E-mail: [protected]@gmail.com

• Eb
      Jul 19, 2011

ADT is the worse organization on this eart. I would advice everyone that when an ADT sales agent knocks on your door; chase them away like a dog because they are dogs. They lie to you that you can call anytime to cancel your service only to tell you later that you are under a three year contract. I am writing the FCC and BBB to investigate ADT.

I lady knocked on my door last year and said she was with ADT and I told her that I will be moving overseas in about a year. She said "Know problem, just call us when you are ready to move and we will remove the service. Well, I called a year later only to be told that I must complete a three year contract. I sent email and made hundreds of phone calls and they are not talkint to me.

• Da
      Jan 15, 2012
    ADT Security - lies and false statements
    13-43 7th Street
    Buffalo
    New York
    Phone: [protected]
    adt.com

I have been a 15+ years' brinks security (Northern california) customer. After the "acquisition" of brinks by tyco (Broadview) and the subsequent "merger" of broadview with adt, I have had nothing but problems and sloppy service, culminating in a failure by the service tech to show up for an appointment, lying about making calls (I have automatic number identification on all phones).
    In late december 2017 I had a problem with my brinks/broadview/adt home security system. I called and requested service. I was given a service window of 9-12 am. At 12 I get a call on my mobile that the tech is late and will be there about 12:15. Ok I am home. At 1:00 pm I called to find out what was the problem? I was informed the tech arrived, called both my mobile and the land phone, left message, no response. There were no calls showing up on ani on either (Except the first call that the service guy would be late). I requested they send someone else. I was advised that a tech would be out about 2 pm. At 2:45, no tech. I call and get the same "called both lines" (Of course this is a lie, no ani's or missed calls). Further, from 1:45 to 2:45 I was outside in full view of the gate with the dogs in the house.In addition to lying about making the calls, the tech claimed there were 3 dogs at the gate!!!

I am very uncomfortable about allowing anyone into my house, with access to my master codes and code words, who would make these false statements. I am in the process of having the systems replaced (I waited until I had a temporary system in place before making this complaint for obvious reasons).

Do not trust adt. Their service reps are lairs at best, and their customer service just does not care.