ADP / taking more than i owe

1 WA, United States Review updated:

I have been paying off a debt with garnishment through ADP and they have over charged me more than $8, 000 which they now have now record of ever having a garnish for me for that amount. Business owners beware of what you are doing to your employees before choosing this company!!!

Comments

• Il
      31st of Mar, 2014

Back in 2010, my wages were illegal garnish. This was a divorce matter. My ex attorney took it upon herself to have my wages garnish. She claimed I owned him temporary spouse support during the time of the divorce. I never had to give him any temporary spouse support. She went to the Central intake and put in an Income of Execution, without a court order. I have no legal documentation from the court telling me I had to give him any temporary support. I even took the time from my job to check to see if there were any supporting documentation telling me I have to give any support during the divorce. I have called ADP and told them they are illegal garnishing my wages without a court order. It make me sick, what people get away with. And it gets better, I received a letter from ADP that they were going to be garnishing my wages. Meanwhile they were taking the money out before I received their letter. I know in the State of New York you have to be served. I was not served by the courts. I beg my second attorney to stop this, but said I had a court order for her to do that. I look him square in the face and told him I do not have any court order. My third lawyer was no better. I told him I want that court order and he look at me and told me my ex attorney lost it. So we are now in 2014 and ADP are stilling garnishing my wages. I am now seeking some legal advice and nothing would give me such great pleasure as to sue ADP for the pain and suffering they have caused.

• Mo
      21st of Jan, 2015

This company needs to be investigated. My son is having a hard time collecting his wage garnishment overpayment from ADP. They have given him so many answers which are lies, that they are not sure what to tell him any longer. Now they claim that they sent the money to his employer and are no longer responsible for the money. WHAT? I think they are wrong. Because until my son receives his money, they still owe him the money. I'm pretty sure an attorney would agree.