Adobe CS3 / Charging to help fix a licensing error that locks user out of the programs

I am having a problem with Adobe CS3 Web Premium running on Windows Vista. I bought the software this summer. It worked for a month and then I got the message "Error Licensing for this product has stopped working" when I try to start any Adobe CS 3 application. None of the programs will open now. I worked through as many of the solutions on their support website as I could, but no go. I just got called for support.
The support line says they have to charge me because they have just released a newer version. I talked to a supervisor and they said the same thing. I don't think you can charge so much for software and then not take care of a licensing problem. The supervisor said it could be a conflict with a virus protection program, so not their problem. I pointed out that everyone has to have virus protection and I've never had a conflict with other products like that, where you can't even open the program, getting a licensing error message. The problem was on the Adobe homepage for a while, so it's clear many people were had the same issue.
If the program was old enough to be replaced, shouldn't all the bugs have been worked out? It’s not a beta product – and didn’t cost a “beta” price.
Now there doesn't seem to be anyway to get to someone that can make a supervisory decision not to charge a customer for something like this.

Adobe Systems Logo Adobe Systems