Active.com / Registration Charges

CA, United States Review updated:

I also was billed for an Active.com membership without being asked. I consider myself very careful about these types of "temporary memberships that automatically bill after a 30-day "free" trial. I was billed for 2 years and never received confirmation emails or billing permission emails. I did receive an email when my credit card was about to expire, however, and that is when I realized that I was being billed. I signed up for 2 races through this site and got a $2 discount apparently so Active.com would not refund me any money. Ethically sketchy at best. My personal boycott is on.

Gu

Comments

Oct 20, 2010

I work at a class action law firm and we are investigating Active.com’s use of consumers’ credit cards without their permission or prior notice. I am interested in talking to people and hearing about their experiences with the company. Please contact me at [protected]@gmail.com if you’ve been charged for any unwanted services, products or memberships by Active.com or its parent company, The Active Network, Inc. Thanks, Chuck.

• Su
      Jul 11, 2011

I was charged for registration, as was a friend, 30 days after signing up for a race. We definitely did not sign up for active advantage membership. This is a scam that needs to hit the papers. It's unfortunate that so many races use active.com to facilitate registration.