Active Network / running cares - event request ignored

Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States

I attempted to sign my company up for a running event sponsored by RunningCares in Davie, Florida. The first event was called, Strong Against Cancer, and it was unfortunately cancelled. I attempted to receive a refund but was persuaded otherwise to instead transfer my reservation to the December 2nd, Ugly Sweater Run. During my conversations with the representative from Running Cares, Mike Roachford, we discussed scheduling a call to talk about the transfer and finalize details. This call never happened, and after over 10 attempts to email and receive a response from Mr. Roachford, I have been left with no choice but to submit a complaint and ask for a full refund. The Ugly Sweater Run was cancelled anyways so we did not even get to participate in what we thought our reservation was transferred to. I purchased the booking protect and after filling a claim, was told that RunningCares would have to be the ones to give me a refund. As I mentioned before, we are a local company here in Davie, Florida and I am very disappointed with the treatment and sheer lack of response that I have had to deal with. I am requesting a full refund. I will not sign-up for another event, nor will I transfer our registration again. This was meant to be a team building activity and a way for us to get involved in our community while supporting a great cause, instead, this has turned into a headache and an overall challenge.

Ru