Acer / worst customer service

The worst customer service I've ever experienced in over 500 phone calls to more than 35 companies in over 10 years.

I spoke with all of the following people (identified by badge numbers and also names in two cases) over the course of 120 minutes trying to get a simple question answered.

I spent $1, 000 on two computers (an Acer Aspire One and an Acer desktop computer) over two days and needed to find a recovery CD-ROM or DVD-ROM (not included in the package for the Aspire One) and after trying to get someone to help me with that for two hours and failing because of constant interruptions and infinite loops in the interactive voice response system and the human handling of my multiple calls, I'm returning both products because I refuse to support a company with such abysmal customer support service.

Humans I spoke with before deciding to return $1, 000 worth of equipment for my money back (their badge numbers and in two cases, also their names):

TA116 (Johnny; a supervisor for the Aspire One department who interrupted me constantly, refused to allow me to speak with his supervisor, and ultimately hung up the phone on me)

GWGA274 (Kathy; a first level agent who interrupted me constantly)

N  27th of Jun, 2008 by
I would like to restate what the prev complaint said. I too have received poor service from ACER on two occasions, the second being when i was unable to get proper internet connection. My provider advised me to connect ACER, when i did the staff was dismissive and basically gave me some " We do not give a darn advice " - In the end i had to connect Microsoft who was such a tremendous help. I would recommend people not to purchase any ACER computer products because their attitude stinks.
N  22nd of Feb, 2009 by
I agree with you on this. I am dealing with Acer Australia and have blown through a minimum of 50 dollars on the phone going through their endless phone loops and what not. And their Email center does not respond to their emails. They have had my computer for 2 weeks to fix a defective mother board. Worst $1000 Singapore Dollars I have ever spent on a laptop and will never purchase one again, and will tell others as well.

The only good service they have is in Singapore, which is the same population as Sydney. Singapore was quick, efficient, and same day repairs. Not only that, they actually pick up the phone after the 1st to 2nd ring. Funny that.

-another dissatisfied owner of a shoddy Acer
A  1st of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I must fully agree !

We sent our Acer computer in for warranty service in the original factory box... Acer called to tell me that the computer case was smashed when it arrived via FedEx. Fedex went to examine the computer and the box and determined that the box was in perfect condition and the damage was done by Acer. I went round and round and being a great company, FedEx paid $199.00 for the computer to be repaired. Needless to say, Acer sent the computer from Texas to our home in New Jersey TWO times and both times the computer was still trashed. We paid them in full for a complete repair, but it is now two months later and the computer is again on its way back to Acer in Texas.

I spoke with a girl named Nichole in Customer service and she has yet been able to give me an answer as to why they never made the proper repairs.

Needless to say, I would NEVER EVER buy or recomend a Acer product. Also, this is why businesses go under...

If anyone can direct me on who to contact at Acer concerning this matter, I would greatly appriciate your help.

Oh, I must also say that I've been using IBM / Lenovo ThinkPads for many years and they offer the best service of any computer company.

Best to one and all, Truthfinder :-)
A  18th of Mar, 2010 by
ACER is a bunch of MOTHER ###ING SCAM ARTISTS. My Aspire One had a broken audio, so I mailed it to their Texas location. iT WAS UNDER WARRANTY. When it was returned IT DIDN'T WORK AT ALL. NOTHING. Wouuldn't even turn on! Any various rubber parts from the base and lid had been removed. I called them on the telephone and they refused to acknowledge they were at fault. I sent them a working computer and I received a busted unit. They are criminals. ASIAN SCAM ARTISTS. BEWARE |THESE HOODS. B U Y A M E R I C A N! ! ! ! ! ! !
A  4th of Jul, 2010 by
We have 5 laptops, necessary for business, and we have occasionally had to call for customer support. Acer's lack of concern for problems, and their focus on upselling unnecessary programs and software, rather than addressing the problem, is horrible. I will NEVER purchase another computer from Acer, or any of their subsidiaries.
N  12th of Feb, 2016 by
Acer's customer service (& especially their lack of communication in relation to repair progress) is a disgrace. Apple have shown how to handle customer issues, Acer will be history if they don't adapt. this will be my 50th and last Acer product.

Acer America Corporation Logo Acer America Corporation