Ace Hardwaremanager was very rude

I was attempting to purchase a Weber gas grill and used my platinum Amex card which would not work with the chop reader. The clerk called the manager and told her and the manager informed me that the card was not good and she would not swipe it because the "bank" would not accept it swiped. She was very rude and even though I was trying to spend $350.00 for the grill. I called Amex and they said there was no problem with my card and the store does have the option to swipe the card. The store is in Rockport, Texas and the clerk was M Gonzales. And the date was today, April 15, 2017. They acted as though they did not want my business. I did buy the grill but not because of anything they did there to make me happy. I will not be going back to this store. The old saying that the customer is always right doesn't go.very far with Ace Hardware. I'm sorry I spent my time and money there.

Sc
Apr 15, 2017

Comments

•   Apr 15, 2017

How would AMEX know what capabilities the store has to process your card? In our store, if you have a chip, you CAN NOT swipe as our readers are updated for the chip technology. If your card did not go through, that is NOT the store's fault. I can tell you from experience though, that those chips are VERY sensitive. Instead of SHOVING it in the reader, try putting it in GENTLY. Otherwise, it is going to almost ALWAYS not read.