Ace Hardware — manager was very rude
I was attempting to purchase a Weber gas grill and used my platinum Amex card which would not work with the chop reader. The clerk called the manager and told her and the manager informed me that the card was not good and she would not swipe it because the "bank" would not accept it swiped. She was very rude and even though I was trying to spend $350.00 for the grill. I called Amex and they said there was no problem with my card and the store does have the option to swipe the card. The store is in Rockport, Texas and the clerk was M Gonzales. And the date was today, April 15, 2017. They acted as though they did not want my business. I did buy the grill but not because of anything they did there to make me happy. I will not be going back to this store. The old saying that the customer is always right doesn't go.very far with Ace Hardware. I'm sorry I spent my time and money there.
More Ace Hardware Complaints & Reviews
- Ace Hardware - pets drugged out of consciousness 
- Ace Hardware-Rebate Scam - do not fall for the rebate scam 
- Ace Hardware - manager's scam
- Ace Hardware - refusal to return 
- Ace Hardware - will not honor rebate 
- Ace Hardware - your sponsorship
- Ace Hardware - replacement of damaged product.
- Ace Hardware - sequentia 3/4in x 8ft white winyl moulding (m. cp113008) item no. 5033923 | 033069053083 $4.59
- Ace Hardware - return of items and no response to emails
- Ace Hardware - unethical behaviour