Acaipurefalse advertising and charges

1 Review updated:

I ordered Acaipure. It was a waste of money!!! The ad, which I saw thru OPRAHS' website, said I would be charged $4.95
s&h for a 14 day supply and could cancel at any time. After that, I would receive and be charged $39.95 each month for a months supply of the product. The $4.95 was charged to my card before I even received the product. I attempted numerous times to cancel the product, but was put on hold and the wait time given was always in excess of 30 minutes.
Finally, on 12/18/2008, after receiving another charge on my credit card for $39.95, I was on hold for 45 minutes and then spoke with someone who had me go to the direct website and read the terms and conditions. They ARE NOT the same terms and conditions I read in Oprahs link. I was informed there would be NO refund/or credit to my account.
It is very disturbing to me that Oprah, or ANY person of influence would be involved with these type of business practices!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, for your own sake, DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY. This is exactly why people are hesitant to order anything online where they have to give out credit information. As far as I'm concerned, it teeters on the brink of idenity theft.
Nancy

12399 Belcher Rd S 140
    Largo
    Florida
    Phone: [protected]

I ordered the free trial offer of diet supplement Acaiberry which supposely assisted in rapid weight loss. I had 30 days to try this and if not satisfied I could send back bottle and receive my shipping costs. I could not send back bottle as I had to have a RMA number on package. When I called the company I was put on hold for a half an hour. In the meantime I was charged for a new bottle costing $39.95 plus $4.95 sh totaling $44.90. I tried to call company again but was unable to reach them. I sent product back without a RMA number with a note to cease sending me any more product as I was not able to get it to work for me. I disputed this cost on my credit card. I have not heard back on this return but post office informed me company may just send the package back to me unopened because it did not have a RMA number on it.

On January 20 I received another order and my credit card was again charged $44.90 for this product. I tried again to call company and was informed via a recorded message to www.getorderhelp.com to get RMA number. This did not work either. I am upset because I cannot get the company via phone or internet so I can discontinue the shipments. Joan Christiansen [protected]@comcast.net