absolute k9 services / scam dog breeder

I sent a $500 deposit for a malinois puppy 5 mo ago, I scheduled a flight to go pick up the puppy, When I arrived by plane and got out of the airport I had received a voice mail from him stating to call him quickly. When I called he said there had been a bad situation break out and that the puppies are very sick with salmonella poising and at that point 3 had already died including my puppy.

I was nice about it and believed it was a bad accident caused by the food, and thought maybe it wasn't his fault. He said he would get me a puppy from a better litter coming up. after a few months go by I never heard from him again and he has still yet to get me my $500 refund back to me. I'm telling yea some shady stuff going on with this outfit.

Ka
Jan 30, 2014

Comments

• Mu
      Feb 24, 2015

We are have a hard time getting any return calls or emails for them. We too have placed a deposit in a puppy

• Bm
      May 30, 2015

Eric Winstead is a total scam artist. Plain and simple. I sent him $1200 for a dog, and all I've gotten in return is attitude and excuses as to why he can't ship. If you question him, he gets extremely defensive. If you too have been ripped off by Eric Winstead at Aboslute K-9 services, contact me at brenn.miller at gmail. I'm happy to add you to the lawsuit.

• Je
      Jul 16, 2015

I have bought 2 dogs from eric and iv never had a single problem...I even traded one bc it wasn't the kind of dog I needed...he gave me no problems at all...I drove from oklahoma all the way to him...and we spent the day out there...he took us to lunch and all. I can always call or txt him if I have any questions or problems. ...I think he's a great breeder and stands behind his dogs...

• Di
      Aug 20, 2015

Great Jessica I'm really glad your experience was a his one. I wish mine was as well as I'm sure the othersame that has not as well. As soon as I asked about the ckc numbers I lost his interest. You can provide pedigree info with limitations as akc does. His reasoning is because he doesn't want me to breed. Ok then just give me pedigree with no breeding rights. But all we all have received is attitudes. Mind you jessica, we all tried to deal with this guy nicely, his avoidance is what created the complaints. Good luck with your dogs.I wish you well.

• Ru
      Sep 17, 2015

I also sent Eric $1500 to ship a puppy to Seattle WA. Puppy did not arrive. Eric stopped answering my calls and returning my emails.

• He
      Mar 14, 2017

We had a very good experience with Eric. We received dog exactly as planned. She is gorgeous and suits our family. We couldn't be happier with our dog or the service.

• Fr
      Aug 07, 2019

Eric has some issues with telling the truth. He was recently outed as claiming to be a former Navy SEAL by Don Shipley (a real retired SCPO and SEAL) and claiming to have the Medal of Honor and other awards. None of it is true, and Don verified it with a FOIA request and searching through confidential databases. If Eric owes you money, I suggest you try to get it now, because the MOH claim is a felony all by itself... And people ARE looking to making sure he doesn't commit Stolen Valor again.

• 7m
      Aug 08, 2019

He is also a fake Navy Seal.

• Co
      Aug 08, 2019

I came here to warn you all about Eric Winstead, in the same manner as Frito Pepperoni did in his comment.

• Jl
      Aug 28, 2019

@colby phelps My friend got a dog from Eric in 2012, beautiful girl. Had an ops breeding in 20q4 and produced amazing puppies which I have one of. All are amazing athletes and of great temperament as their mother was. 🤷‍♀️