ABN AMRO / harassments, very rude and impossible credit card payment collectors!

United Arab Emirates Review updated:

My mother who had a heart attack last october 2007 is slowly recovering from her illness. late last week, she received a long distance phone call from an arab man looking for me and telling her that I owe the bank money and I should pay back. he even told my mom that he will put me in jail. my mother was very upset and nervous for hearing this information. my mother is in makati medical center for mild stroke today. she was rushed to the hospital this morning by my daughter for mild heart stroke again. my mother is in the philippines and I am here in dubai. why do they have to call my mom in the philippines? today, my daughter called me and informed me that an abn-amro collector called again telling me to prepare 14,000+ aed to pay my dues for visa and al ameera. can somebody put a stop to all these harassments from abn-amro? their style of collecting and prompting people to pay is unreasonable. they can kill people with this way of collecting. I am still capable of settling the outstanding dues as I am still working in dubai. I see no logic for abn-amro to call my family back home just to get through to me when they almost have all the information as to where they can find me. they do not listen to reasons and they hunt people down like there is no tomorrow. they threaten people by telling them that the police will be after them and they cannot leave the country because the immigration department has been alerted. they threaten people by saying that they will speak with the managers about the non-paying employee then the employee will lose their job. how can that employee be able to pay them...
Li

Comments

Ri
  4th of Jan, 2008
Buddy,

You should contact the Human Rights Organisation in the country you reside or to their offices which serve UAE.

I don't think Police will help you as they will support only the bank. The Bank have NO rights to contact your family back home in Philippines when you are present in the country from where you have taken the credit card/loan.

You may consult with a law firm on the right proceedings. I believe there is no Human Rights Organization in UAE.

I wish you all the best. I have gone thru these kinds of harassment a lot in my life. If you make the Bank aware that you have the right to contact foreign missions for help, they will stop harassing and assaulting you.
Jo
  5th of Feb, 2008
The vodafone promotion pre-recorded calls received from morning 10 till night 9, is annoying, to say the least. The language is in kannada and it is a language that slaps one's ears with that THOMMBA THOMBADHU PAISE etc. Why dont the vodafone authorities stop this undue interference in the liberties of individuals. There is no scope for even venting one's anger as those are, as already said, pre-recorded calls!! HELP HELP!!

ZORBA.
Sa
  28th of Aug, 2008
recently we purchased two reebok ms dhoni signature bags from the value section .within a week the straps of the bags started tearing.kindly see into the matter as soon as possible.pls reply on the below stated phone no-9810903989
Kh
  11th of Sep, 2008
dear sir,
i was apply for account & Credit card in ABN AMRO Bank through ur Sales Person Name: SUNDEEP Cell No: 050-3083989.
Your sales person collect my appliction on 12 August 2008 and he was ask me that soon your account wil be open and soon you will recive ur credit card but sir i did not recive any credit card & any thing more. and sir also he is not attending my phone call.tel sir what is this...?
Rv
  30th of Jul, 2009

Abn Amro - Calls from ABN AMRO to the cell phone daily
C G W B
India

They are forcing regarding credit card payment continuously while driving, taking food, in night times, evenings, from 24x7 all the credit card collection centre people giving.And also putting education cess, more additional interest are putting in my card.

Creating lot of problem and also putting unnecessary stress on the Credit card holder. I am a regular customer of ABN AMRO Credit card holder since 2007

So kindly do the needful action against the credit card collection centre payer. Don't give pressure on the Credit card holder.

Thanking you.