A 2008 Land Rover Defender 90 Station Wagon Or Cash Value Rs. 1,836,570.47 / Fraud

1 Suite 128, Unit 6, 16, Coombend Radstock BA3 3BnRadstock, England, West Midlands, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: No description

I received a letter from such a company before 30 minutes approx. I dont have any connections with Singapore, from where the air mail has been delivered.

1- How did they get my home adrress????
2- Why they chose me to gift a Land Rover (Rs 1, 836, 570.47)????
3- Why havent no contact details been provided???
4- Is this a fraud???

Finally i decided to surf google and luckily saved 1000 Rs, which some innocent people might pay. I totally agree with Pradeep's cmment. Its surprising how these people get exact addresses. I dont think there's much Govt. can do. But we can and should use our head when we come accross such letters.

Luckily, my aunt who recides in USA was here and told me about such fraud companies. Before you pay any such foreign company, such advise from some NRI is strongly recommended.

Beware of this:

"A 2008 Land Rover Defender 90 Station Wagon Or Cash Value Rs 1, 836, 570.47"

Comments

• Mi
      30th of Apr, 2008

1- How did they get my home adrress???
    2- Why they chose me to gift a Land Rover (Rs 1, 836, 570.47)???
    3- Why havent no contact details been provided???
    4- Is this a fraud???

Beware of this:

"A 2008 Land Rover Defender 90 Station Wagon Or Cash Value Rs 1, 836, 570.47"

1st of May, 2008

A friend of mine in Calcutta got an identical mail, which looks too tempting. All they want is to collect Rs 1000. I live in US, and have seen a lot of similar scam mails here. The other day, my wife got a cheque for 2 million dollars. She was asked to send $20 as processing fee. If we get 2 million dollars by spending $20, life would have been different, right? Even if 1% of the recipients of these mails respond, the scam guys make a lot. Beware of this FRAUD!

• Ak
      1st of May, 2008

even i recieved a mail which says the same thing. but the question is how did they get my name and contact information?

• De
      2nd of May, 2008

I received a letter from Singapore today stating that I have been assigned a Land Rover (latest model) or Cash amount. I have never been through any such ad on the Internet neither did I signup for any website claiming to assisgn a Land Rover upon fillig in a survey.

It is clear from the packet that it is a fake offer. Similar packets have been sent to many people accros India. If everyone starts claiming the Land Rover just by sending INR 1000.00, I wonder what will happen to the Land Rover Ltd.

The sender claerly specifies "Contact me at this office immediately concerning delivery of a Land Rover Defender 90 Statiion Wagon". But has failed to provide the Address and phone No. where he has to be contacted.

The forms, Certificates Signatures are all tempting and anyone can easily fall prey for it. Kindly use your brains before sending in the money because it is for sure that you wont get anything but the scammer will definately earn more than the actual cost of the LAND ROVER.