24 protect plus 123 / Fraud

United States Review updated:
24 Protect Plus 123
Phone: 888-337-4295
This Company somehow obtained my credit card information and charged $ 39.95 on my account.. I was checking my monthly statement when I noticed this charge that occurred on 6/28/09, I called them as soon as I noticed it and they would not address How they obtained my information, or exactly what service they provided but they did say that i would receive a CREDIT to my charge account with-in 3 days...
This kind of Fraudulent Business Practice needs to be Stopped ASAP !!!

Robert L. Lowe

A  1st of Jul, 2009 by
I also found charges unauthorized on my bank statement for 24 Protect Plus 123 for $19.95. They said it was for a membership to get 20% off home and family purchasing, blah, blah, blah. I think they got our info from a website www.Intelius.com when we purchased a .95 cent people search.

I called the 800-211-9749 number for 24 Protect Plus 123 listed on my bank statement. They said they would credit the $19.95 and cancel the membership. When I asked how they got my info, they wouldn't say.

A  3rd of Aug, 2009 by
The same happend to me just now. $24.95. I am so pissed! How did they manage to steal my account information? How are these guys not in prison? We need to file a lawsuit.
N  3rd of Aug, 2009 by
Here is a follow up. I called both places and the agreed to refund my money and cancel anything way too easily. That is proof enough they know what they are doing is illegal. And yes they do get your account info from Intelius. Some people said it was hard to get through to them. I really didn't have any trouble.

Only little snag I ran into was lady at Intelius. She went on this spiel about how the $1.95 charge was discounted from $4.95 for using the 7 day trial then charged for $19.95 after and this is clearly stated when you purchase the search. I said nothing for like 10 seconds then told her I already did my research on this company and there have been many complaints of fraud from people that had money stolen. She had no rebuttal and immediately cancelled everything and agreed to do a full refund.
A  7th of Aug, 2009 by
Yup. Intelius! Thats what I was told. Unfortunately they got me for two charges and only refunded one! This is not right! Someone needs to bring this company up as well during the WebLoyalty lawsuit as well.

Its like, why would we authorize Intelius to give away our credit card information... yeah right!
N  20th of Aug, 2009 by
FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD!!! Please check your banking statements everyday!!! I found 6 charges on my banking statement in the amount of $ 19.95 each. Three of them from INT*IDPROTECT MNTR SVC telphone # 888-337-4295, two from PROTECTION PLUS SVC telphone # 888-337-4295, and one from HEALTHPLAN telephone # 877-993-6264.
I called my bank to report it and they sent me an AFFIDAVIT OF FRAUD FORM along with a FRAUD CHARGE LIST which contained the information of all 6 transactions. I had to fill out the Affidavit and fax it back to the bank. My check card was cancelled and they had to issue me a new check card which will take up to seven days to arrive to me. What a mess!!!
A  7th of Oct, 2009 by
I also had charges on my bank account for 24.95 the first charge I thought that I just forgot to write down something that I charged so I let it go, then the next month October I had another charge for 24.95!!! I was like what is this charge so I called my bank and they gave me the number to contact them and I did and I spoke with someone he said that I would get both charges credited within 3-5 business days... and it's defiantly Intelius that's what they told me too!!! this is crazy and I got the same line too to save 20% blah blah blah!!! lets see if they give me my money back!! The sad thing is that they probably get so many people like this cause they don't check all the charges, look if they didn't charge me again they would have gotten away with 24.95 that adds up if you do it to a lot of people!!!
A  8th of Oct, 2009 by
I also have the same problem, i called the 888 number and it was an auto message that said I've been a member since January 2009. I have no idea who they are ?? But they are draining my bank acct. Why cant someone stop them ?? My thought is they sent Spy aware through by Browser and it let in a Trojan/malware. they need to be STOPPED ASAP !!!
N  15th of Jan, 2010 by
24 protect plus/ Privacy Matters 123...blah, blah, BLAH! They should be in jail for this!!! Apparently I have been a "member" for a year and a half AFTER I cancelled! They say they are going to refund me in 3-5 days. 20 payments of $32.95 are to be refunded... I'll beLIEve it when i see it. This happened because i signed up for my credit report...SCARY!
A  25th of Jan, 2010 by
I found out they have been charging $1.00 a month on my credit card. I had no idea I agreed to the $1 monthly deduction. I tried to call the phone number and all it is a recording. I pushed #1 to be removed from their service. They have my e-mail address because within seconds I received an e-mail saying my service has ended. I'm calling the credit card company to dispute the charges.
A  17th of Jun, 2010 by
This company is definitely a bunch of [censor], but c'mon people, you got to be smart on the internet. You obvioulsy agreed to something along the way, like a $25 refund on some purchase, or some free gift. You Have to pay attention. Otherwise, you get screwed just the way you all just have. I knew what I was doing - getting $25 back on a purchase and I'll be damned if they try to F me out of it.
Walk through life with your head up your butt and it all turns to [censor].
Walk through life with your eyes open, paying the F attention to things like where you enter your credit card info (and other personal info), and you might be alright!

PS: if they continue to F with you... File with the Better Business Bureau, go to your bank, and hound them linke an evil attorney on Meth to give your money back. But never forget the lesson you just learned... PAY ATTENTION!
A  20th of Nov, 2010 by
I also got this from Intellius I believe. Be careful with signing up for that service. While I believe intellius is decent in what they do, I think they also sign u up for these services behind your back with out your knowledge. It may be somewhere deep in the fine print.
N  23rd of Jun, 2011 by
I got a phone call from a company saying they were 24protect123 and privacymatters123, they promised me a $100 walmart gift card if I tried the 2 companys out for 30 days. I could cancel at anytime I wanted and not be charged anything but still get the walmart gift card for tring. Well I cancelled the 2 services and waited for my gift card to come, I waited and waited and waited and waited some more. No gift card surprise surprise. I got the phone number from the internet for the companys and called and raised holy heck. Threating them with everything from reporting them to any and ever agency I could, to the FBI fraud bureau, post them on facebook and all the other sites I worked with because I work from my home and work on the internet with about 300 different real companys doing work for them. They all have posting boards to write things on that people can read. Very quickly they started to change their tune and have now promised to send me 2 walmart gift cards within 5 days, so I will wait and see, I did tell them I would not report them if they came through and actually did what they said and sent the cards but I lied just like they did when they first spoke to me. Ok well life is a bummer I guess you can't trust anyone can you. I had no problem lying to them after what they did to me and all the other people on this site whos complaints I read. Hopefully everyone who had a problem has gotten some sort of satisfaction out of this FRAUD company.
N  22nd of Jan, 2012 by
write to your Attorney general and also secretary of state. if you fill out the paper sent to your place of residence by a third party, this will cancel your chance of suing them for fraud (U.S.C. title 18 section 1001) and invasion of privacy, along with conspiracy to commit fraud on a bank, and act of fraud on a banking institution. There are so many charges against them you can get tired from writing. If you just want your money back that they scammed, than you allow them to continue this nonsense. Remember, these are men behind this company, dont just sue the company... sue the faces behind it. They are the ones going home with your money...not the building or a fictious name on paper. wake up people. Sue these men in their private capacities for real money in an appellate court. Let them sweat.

24 Protect Plus Logo 24 Protect Plus