24 Hour Fitness / bmw stolen, thief stole gym bag from the men's locker

1 15555 E 14th St # 305San Leandro, CA, United States Review updated:

On the Labor Day ( 9/1/2008), I parked my Blue 4d Sedan BMW ( nameplate: SUDSBMW) in the 24 Hr parking lot and headed to the 24 Hr gym located at the Bayfair mall, San Leandro, CA 94578 around 5p. I kept my gym bag securely inside the men�s locker and locked with a combination lock. When I returned to the locker at 6p, the slot where I put my bag was taken by another person with a different lock. I returned to the parking lot and found my car stolen. I called 9-1-1 immediately and reported this incident. The case # is 08-41630.

This theft looks organized and well planned. I have also a suspicion that the crime couldn't have been completed so flawlessly without the assistance of a 24Hr staff. Breaking the lock, stealing the bag and leaving the 24Hr center without a trace in a crowded public place seems astounding to me.

I have done my job in filing a police report. The San Leandro Theft Investigation Unit is conducting the necessary investigation to catch the criminal. The insurance company is also going to hire a private detective. I have been also contacted by a reporter to publish this story in the newspapers.

Va

Comments

• Ar
      30th of Jun, 2010

The same thing just happen last night and i believe the 24HourFitness Staff was in on it! What happen?

• Se
      16th of Jan, 2012

MY FATHER TO GYM BAG WAS STOLEN FROM HIS GYM LOCKER WITH THE PAD LOCK CUT. THIS HAPPEN IN SAN JOSE ON THURDAY -12-2011. HIS CAR KEY WAS TAKEN, CLOTH, WALLET, AND GYM BAG. I ALSO BELIVE THIS WAS AN INSIDE JOB BECOUSE IT HAPPEN WITHIN 30 MIN. THE MANAGER DAVE, THERE SAID THERE WAS NO CAMARA IN THAT PLACE.

• Dj
      2nd of May, 2018

I had the same thing happen at this gym. Been going there for 3 years. Thought it was a dump mostly because of the restrooms and shower stalls. I gave it a chance considering this gym, Washington Sport and High Street are the closest ones to where I live. Two months ago, I got off work and decided to go to this location. I was there for less than an hour and a half and noticed my combination lock was set different after I finished my workout. I checked my gym bag and my wallet was missing as well as a pair of black jeans. They even opened a zipper on my bag that I never use. I noticed a guy in the locker room who I knew was not a member. He looked homeless and walked around with no shoes on. He even left an old funky sweater on the bench. I went to the front desk to report the theft and then I heard him try to report that someone had taken his shoes. He refused to give his name and 10-digit account number and I knew what was up. I knew it was an inside job but it's not what you know, it's what you can prove. I figured somebody working there was involved also with whoever took my wallet. They used my bank cards at Target, Chili's and Lucky's but I heard from the banks via text and email and they were right on top of it. I've been to other locations and you can't just walk in there with no membership. I notice this place has a history of thefts over the last 10 years. They need to tighten up security inside and out.