[Resolved] 24 Hour Fitness / injured by your equipment l poor service at 2 locations

wdewq, San Diego, CA, United States
Phone: wqeqwe

Hi,

Last Fathers day I was working out at 24hr Magic Johnson in Lemon Grove CA. I have been going to this gym for last 5 months 4-5 days a week. As I am working out on fathers day from 4pm-5pm I noticed an injury on my arm. I had a smaller similar injury which was an external cut weeks before and figured I brushed my arm against a machine. Since the same cut appeared on my arm on the same day; Sunday, doing the same routine, I figured it had to be one of your machines. I found that the cross cable machine was taring off from the cable. The cables protective plastic casing is torn and the wire strands that make the cable is coming apart and the sharp wire is what is cut into my arm; causing the cut which is attached in the picture. I promptly told 2 trainers who where working out together(did not get their names. they are the only 2 white males who work at that location during the day. one is bald with a beard, the other one is clean shaved with hair.) In all honesty it seemed like they completely dismissed what I told them about their defective machine so after my workout as I was leaving I approached the clean cut white guy with hair and showed him the fresh cut and told him specifically which machine and the problem. I went to the gym yesterday 6/19/17 and checked the machine and nothing has been done. What if someone already cut themselves and God forbid they have a disease that is transferable by blood. Very poor service.

It is the cable cross machine. There are 3 of the same machines parallel to each other, facing the dance studio. The defect is in the right hand of the cabling as if you are doing a chest workout.

I have been with you guys for over 10 Years.
I have worked out at the following locations

Grossmont
La Mesa
Escondido - Your main location last year while I was a Sales Analyst
Huntington Beach - While I was at University
Anaheim
Magic Johnson - 7 years ago and now for the last 5 months
Balboa
Mission George

In all honesty your Lemon Grove and Mission George locations have the worst service of all locations.

The Red Head white female who is the receptionist at Lemon Grove Magic Johnson is rude. She purposely says goodbye to members but when I am leaving she magically is busy talking to the security guard. It happens at least 3-4 times a week, and you will be lucky to get a goodbye. I have never in my life over 10 years going to 24hr have I had a problem with 24hr or customer service issues, however this last year and 2 locations have been embarrassing to your brand. The same red head girl did these 2 things in the last month.

1 - she was super nice last week, I believe Tuesday when you had someone from corporate there at Lemon Grove, she was nice and extra bubbly and she even gave me a couple free passes to give to friends. As I thought to myself she is just doing this because her boss is around, the very next day we where right back down to [censor] service. You might get a hi when you enter however EVERYTIME you leave you get skipped on the goodbye, oh but the person before and after gets a goodbye; now how would that make you feel?

2 - she was training a new hire; an African American girl with glasses a few weeks ago. As I enter I smile and say hi, they both respond back and as I am smiling at the black girl the red head white girl turns her back to me and starts talking bad about me; only 2-3 feet away? Are your employees so COCKy and arrogant and rude that they turn there backs and take down about people. Go through your video and talk to the GM their on what day that was. The video will clearly show the change in body language and facial expression once she turns her back.

The reason I am referring to these people by there race and hair color is because I dont know any of them, hence my utter surprise by the lack of service.

I have Material Witnesses to defective machine. I may picture evidence as well.

I have witnesses and may have footage of this girl saying hi and bi to everyone except me. It looks real bad and is really rude when she is extra nice to the person before and after me and I get no service.

(please dont bs me with I cant take any video footage or pics because I have proof of your customers shooting selfies and taking videos of them working out with their gym partner, and no one in our staff ever says anything)

You should realize that I am educated, my sister is an Attorney, and I speak at universities and in front of business professionals. I will share this story if it does not get remedied. I am also very humble. This is why I am giving you the benefit of taking care of all this. before I do the following

Take proper action for my scar, and negligence of your staff.
FTC Complaint - read complaint below for Mission George Location
Charging a membership but no letting me use it. Not completing my training sessions.
SD County Health Dept. - I have cut on my arm because of your equipment. Your Lemon Grove facility is unsafe.

Mission George 24hr

I started to work out at this location as of last November after a 5 month hiatus from the gym. It had been so long I forgot my log in phone number. The first time I went I explained to a nice young African American receptionist and he let me in based off what info I gave him.
The next week I try to get in and a white girl told me no. I could not recall my log in so I pulled up my BANK ACCOUNT and the legder showed 24hr Fitness $19. And she still said no.

I am going to need a refund for 5 months at $19 a month or FTC is going to here about this. You guys already spoke to me from corporate and agreed she should of let me in with the info I gave her.

Couple weeks later a young trainer approached me and asked if I wanted to work out. After a short workout he made a follow up where he sold me 10 sessions for $750 with 1 free session extra. The payments where broken down over a 6 week period lining up with our training period and when it came to the 3rd payment I was told I had to re-schedule 1 week of sessions to wait for the payment to clear? So I skip a week because of poor payments scheduled on your guys behalf.

Once all the money was collected I still had 2 sessions left. My trainer text me the day of a session, says he has an emergency cant make it, and so we re-schedule. Since I am a busy manager and business owner and I have little time to waist, I decided to work out anyways. And there was my trainer, giving someone else a training session. So convenient you guys are friendly when you want money, but when the money is taken you dont even render your services. So since I was lied to I stop going to that location and blocked that trainers phone number from my cell. I was never going to report it but these 2 locations have passed rude and now you know.

I need money back for those 2 sessions lost. Your trainer made an appointment; canceled on me because it was an emergency, and obviously got caught in his lie. Where are your GM's and managers at these locations?

I was too embarrassed to report the situation with the trainer, but now with your other location being negligent has turned everything around, and yes when staff is rude it sure doesn't help.

- 5 months at $19 a month owed
- 2 trainging sessions owed
- fire the rude girl or give her less hours. Dont ask me or her coworkers; watch the videos. I come everyday mon-thru 7pm-9pm

Now here is who gets to here me story
Globe Autowerks Facebook Page - I have 10k loyal and local customers
Globe Auto Tech - My fathers business I manage, has been in San Diego for over 30 years! - all his customers
My Sisters - 1 is an Attorney and she is also contracted by the federal govt.
The other sister owns a hair salon in Hillcrest. - her customers
FTC - Where is my refund for the months my services where not rendered? You may say, yeah but you never showed up. I say, yes I did and when I did I was rejected services for which I payed. I showed her my bank statement and she would no let me in - it said 24 hr $19 on the ledger sames day every month?
I want a refund for the 2 sessions, and no you cant make it up because your staff is rude and lying.

You got to remember over 10 years with you guys, over 7 locations I frequented. Do something ASAP about these 2 locations and the people I am mentioning. If anyone is sick or gets sick because of your negligence on your equipment and lack of doing anything I will be sure to provide my testimony. Thank you!

[protected]