24 Hour Fitness — they cancelled my lifetime ($750) membership
In 2008, I purchased a life-time membership to 24-hr Fitness for approx. $750. (Which the first 3 years are paid for, and after 3 years, the dues will be $29 per year for life). I only went to the gym two times (twice!), then I moved 30 mins away from the nearest gym, and decided to get my exercise by surfing, running, walking at the beach, etc. I just moved again and called the closest location to find out how much I owe ($29 or $29 times two years, etc.). The employee said, "I have bad news for you. Your membership is cancelled.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Carlsbad, CA You only had 3 months to pay the $29 (for the following year, after the first 3 years had past), or your membership is cancelled permanently! (I asked if I could just pay the $29 per year, times how ever many years had past, and she said there was no option.)
Why on earth didn't the membership/sales employee tell me this when he had me sign at the bottom of numerous contract pages, with countless words I wanted to read, but he just pushed me through them so I would sign and he could hurry off to the next prospective membership victim?
I am livid! I threw $750 away on TWO gym visits! What type of lifetime membership is this? What kind of company is this? I will not let this go. I will tell the entire world... blog like crazy and, believe me... I will keep hundreds, hopefully millions, of people from EVER considering joining this ludicrously unethical company's fitness centers!
More 24 Hour Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- 24 Hour Fitness - dues increase??? 
- 24 Hour Fitness - poor members treatment! 
- 24 Hour Fitness - fraud class action suit 
- 24 Hour Fitness - consumer fraud 
- 24 Hour Fitness - unprofessional behaviour! 
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - no wireless accessibility...
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - kids club
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - hard sales tactics
- 24 Hour Fitness - poor service! 
- 24 Hour Fitness - wrongfully billed