24 Hour Fitness / disrespectful and rude employees

Every time I work out at the garden grove location in orange county california the employees at the service desk seems so busy talking to each other about nothing and most of the time when an associate is alone that particular employee is spaced out or looking somewhere. When you gave your card to be scanned they dont even acknowledge that your in front of them they are always busy to say hi
To even nod and they dont smile.
Today aug. 26 sat. 2007, as soon as we enter there were about 6 associate sitting on a counter behind the service desk and I beleived two of them were club managers they are talking loudly as usual about nothing. One of the associate approach us without saying anything he just reach over his hand to scan our membership cards.
On your way out its the same thing no acknowledgement.

Comments

• As
      17th of Nov, 2007

I worked out at the Oregon (Lance Armstrong) Tuatalin gym. And I have to say the check in desk is very rude! I try not to even look at them anymore. I have a hard enough time getting myself into that gym and then we I am treated so rudely right at the entrance... I just want to turn around and leave.

Sincerly,
    AnneMarie.

• Dm
      26th of Feb, 2008

"RUBY" IN VICTORVILLE, California is beyond rude!!!!!!! Their ph. (760) 955-2200. Bear Valley Rd....This chick is so arrogant, feels she is above answering a simple question. I, and my family have just quit altogether, she has turned me off to even going there. That is a place you are supposed to get healthy, with RUBY's arrogant smoke filling the air, getting healthy is impossible!! All I'd called to ask her was, "what is the manager's name?", rather than simply "DO HER JOB" of giving me his name, she transferred me to him instead....wrong RUBY!!!!!! I simply hung up before he answered, called her back, and told her once again what I wanted....simply, "the manager's name, please." She yelled the manager's name in my ear and hung up on me. I called her back to tell her how rude she was, she said she didn't have the time to hear anything I said, yep, you guessed it, HUNG UP ON ME AGAIN!! I ten called one more time to ask her why she was being so rude, and maybe offer her some MIDOL, and well, yeah, you got it...."click" right in my ear. Screw it, I'll take my chuncky behind right back to the park and deal with all of the pit bulls running around instead!!!!! At least you can see them charging towards you before they tear into you, unlike RUBY IN VICTORVILLE!!!!!! She had the venom of a rabid pit bull with an impacted tooth! They are trained to not have to put up with "irritated clients" (I saw the bulliten on how to keep deflecting one taped to the side of an associate's desk), but in RUBY's case, she is allowed to hang up on and ignore anyone she deems to have the tiniest teaspoon of frustration in their voice! If she were treated that way, you can bet she'd take her complaint to the highest level.