24 Hour Fitness / scam and cheating

I tried out the 24 Hour Fitness here in Scottsdale after seeing a trial month offer. But after 2 weeks I decided that I liked the Village Health and Racquet Club a lot better. When I went to go cancel my account, they told me that I would be forced into a 6 month membership.

What good is the trial then? Eventually after arguing, they canceled my membership. By trial, I guess they mean that they will put you on 'trial' and force you to defend yourself for even trying out their cruddy establishment.

Va

Comments

Un
  28th of Aug, 2011

Somebody needs to file a class action lawsuit against 24 hour fitness for their Super Sport location fees. They tricked us years ago into buying a lifetime membership and now that they are opening up super sports all over the place, they are dishonoring the contract. Their justification: more square footage and a basketball court! Join me as I fight this apparent breach of contract. Also, if there is a pending / current class action lawsuit against 24 hour fitness, please let me know of it. You can contact me at charlesjclose@yahoo.com

So
  23rd of Nov, 2011

Yes! Let's do something! Contact me, please!