21StMortgage / rip off

1 620MarketStKnoxville, TN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 865-2922120

This Co. has to be the largest group of assembled ###s on the planet. They harass and call 7 days a week. They threaten and take more money out of your account than was authorized and If you don't have enough money to cover that amount, they charge you a check fee. These are for starters as to what these people are capable of.

Va

Comments

2nd of Aug, 2008

i just bought a home through richards advantage housing in rome georgia and my mortgage is through 21st mortgage of knoxville tennessee...i am making my SECOUND house payments and i still am not living in my home...due to the fact that they still have not fixed my ac and they have not finished doing all of the stuff they should have done when they moved the house out there...and i still do not have my stove and my fridge..HOW CAN YOU LIVE IN A HOME without these things...if there is anyone that can help me as far as what my leagal rights are please email me...i am on the verge of hiring me a attorney...there has to be something out there that protects us towards homeowners right...

2nd of Aug, 2008

if anyone cares to share with me please email me at maybil2000@yahoo.com

13th of Jun, 2009

i have had my home 2 years and had fallen behind, i always made sure one was paid befor the next one was due, but they hunted down my abusive ex husband that i had a restraint order on and moved so he didnt know where i was, well guess what he was never on any of my paper work. 21st contacted him told him where i lived and i was late on my house payment. know he knows where i live. and they continue to call him if i am even 4 days late.
    i can tell them the day i will be making a payment and they will call every family memeber i have and ex husband to tell them i am a few days late.
    i have asked them to stop calling they said they had every full right to do that and now i am very worried about my safety
    i moved to keep my ex from findiing me.and have been succesful now for 10 years untill now, my ex drove up to m y house and said therer you are thanks to 21st.

• Si
      23rd of Jun, 2009

It is the policy of 21st mortgage to only address customer complaints in a confidential discussion with our customer. To appropriately respond to a complaint may require releasing confidential information, which is strictly forbidden under federal privacy regulations. We will attempt to contact the referenced customer to resolve this complaint.

• Si
      12th of Feb, 2011

Victims of 21st Mortgage, PLEASE read this post to the end. I know this is lengthy, but it may hold some answers for you or a loved one.

My comment is for Silverado99. I've been watching you closely for quite some time now. The problem I have with you is that you never seem to deviate from your response to any and all complaints against 21st Mortgage Corporation. We can all see that you have your copy and paste experience down to a science. To date, you have exhibited your talent with the same response at least 21 times on this particular complaint board, all of which say the same thing. As a matter of fact, having done some research, I found that your response is the same on other complaint boards as well. For example, /link removed/ What I would like to know is ... who the heck are you, and since when has 'your' corporation decided to start following federal privacy regulations? Come on now! Don't pee on me and tell me it's raining! 21st Mortgage Corporation's idea of 'resolving a complaint' is a joke at the very least. I can't believe you even have the audacity to post a response like that to the people you crap all over on a daily basis. Tell me silverado, are you seriously going to continue to defend this mortgage company, despite the fact that you are fully aware that your blowing wind up our butts? Or maybe your a victim of this company who is being forced to feed us this crap in order to keep a roof over YOUR head. If that is indeed the case, please do tell and redeem yourself here and now. In either case, you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to feed us this crappy paragraph over and over again. Maybe if you copy and paste it enough, you'll actually start believing it. Now that's a scary though, isn't it? You and this company of yours make me sick. Hence the nickname I have chosen to use on this complaint board... silverado99_sickens_me_to_death! Now, having said all that, let me share MY experience with 21st Mortgage Corporation for all who care to read it.

Over the last 10 years, our mortgage has been sold to 3 different company's. 21st being the latest. It's been about a year and a half now, and a nightmare from day one. In this company's mind, there is no such thing as a grace period. Although it is suppose to be 20 days, if our payment was not in their hands by the 1st of the month, the calls would start. First the home phone, then the cell phones. My husband explained that we did not need their 'reminder' calls, and kindly asked them to stop. Well, that went in one ear and out the other. We finally stopped answering their calls all together, at which point they would start calling us private, blocked, and using all the numbers they had at their availability. Now mind you, we were NEVER 'late' on our payments. They were always made before the grace period. So basically, it was just a matter of harassment. Almost as if they enjoyed making our lives miserable. The calls would start at approx. 7 am and continue throughout the day until 10 pm. Now, here is the kicker. This past month, we got a certified notice in the mail from 21st, stating that our payment was short by $70. We placed a call with our financial institution and found that there had been an error on their part, and the immediately rectified the problem. By that time, the damage had already been done and 21st pulled out every naughty in the book! My husband told the woman at 21st that a check would be sent out that day. Well, needless to say, that wasn’t good enough. She told him that they would not accept that check unless it was accompanied with the telephone numbers and addresses of at least 3 different family members, in addition to at least 2 phone numbers and addresses to our nearest neighbors AND our employer's phone numbers and addresses! She proceeded to tell us that if they did not get all of this information along with the payment, they would start foreclosure on our home. My husband chuckled and threw in a few choice words and hung up on her. We sent them their check, certified, which they accepted and promptly cashed. Needless to say, they did NOT get any phone numbers or addresses from us, and to boot, we had our home phone disconnected, and put a block on our cell phones for all the numbers 21st has ever used to contact us. Jokes on you 21st!

Victims of 21st Mortgage Company, PLEASE do your homework! Write a complaint to the BBB. Do some research. Report them to the Federal Trade Commission. Call your local AG's Office as well as calling AG's Office in Tennessee. FIGHT BACK! If we all pitch in and do our share, we can bring this company down to it's knees! Check out the following websites.
    /link removed/

• Cs
      16th of Aug, 2018
    21st Mortgage Corporation - Very rude

This company is very rude and unprofessional! I will make it my life goal to make sure nobody uses them! I also will continue to submit complaints to them even though I understand they are a big company and nothing will probably be done but it will make me feel better.