21st Mortgage / trying to change contract
My husband and I made the terrible decision to take over a woman's loan from 21st Mortgage on a mobile home approximately 10 years ago. We continued making payments until 3 years ago. We were unable to afford the home anymore, so we contacted 21st Mortgage and told them that we would like to sell the home. They said, due to the circumstances, sell the home for what we could and then we would only be responsible for the deficiency balance. We did as they requested. We had a buyer willing to pay $15, 000 cash, which left us with approximately $10, 000 left. We would agree to pay the balance. We moved out of the home and begin the process of selling it to the interested buyer. Instead, 21st Mortgage told us that they would not agree to that and they repossessed the house since we had moved out, did repairs to the house (some not needed) and sold the house. The best part - it went as a foreclosure on our credit!!! We agreed to repay the amount so that it wouldn't be shown as a foreclosure anymore. We agreed to monthly payments, but when the paperwork arrived, there were many mistakes, so we re-submitted the paperwork to them for necessary revisions. Now, they are saying that we need to double our monthly payment because there was an error on their part and the paperwork. The repayment contract has been signed. I have emails from our so-called customer service agent stating that our monthly payments of $XXX have been posted. Now, they are sending me a complimentary copy of the re-payment agreement so that we can all be on the same page. This company is the worst company I have ever seen and wish someone would step in and take them down!
More 21st Mortgage Complaints & Reviews
- 21st Mortgage - this company lies to you!! 
- 21st Mortgage - is a fraud 
- 21st Mortgage - harassment 
- 21st Mortgage - very evil people 
- 21st Mortgage - loan closing 
- 21st Mortgage Corporation - loan financing
- 21st Mortgage Corporation - rude and unprofessional service reps
- 21st Mortgage Corporation - harassing and ridiculous interest rates of 14 percent.
- 21st Mortgage Corporation - manager / customer service
- 21st Mortgage Corporation - mortgage