1 800 Got Junk / did not show up for appointment

1 Cedar Rapids, IA, United States
Phone: 734 429-8517

My family home had to be cleaned out in iowa because my father was moved to memory care living. We had called 1 800 got junk on 6/13/15 and set up an appointment for them to come to the house on 6/16/15 from 3-5 pm. On that day we had all other clean up done, the charities had picked up items and we were in an empty house waiting, and waiting and waiting. No call to cancel, no email nothing. We called the customer service number and were told they were having computer problems and that they could not bring up the system to find our appointment information. They told us they would contact the driver and have them call us. Another hour goes by, no call, no truck. We call again, we were told the same thing - computer down, driver would be contacted. We start waiting again - still no call and no truck. By now it had been 3 hours past the appointment time. We call again and they tell us they will schedule it for first thing in the morning - by the way at this point we are getting transferred to a call center in australia or new zealand. They did put us on hold and tried to page a manager on call and emailed managers but none responded. So we go to the hotel expecting that in the morning first thing a truck will be at the house. We get there early - nothing. We call and they tell us we are not on the schedule and they cannot get a truck out to us until thursday. We explain we are from out of state and we need to leave today, we cannot leave the junk as the home is sold and has to be cleaned out. It did not matter to them that they had screwed up the scheduling or that we really needed their help. At no point did any of the managers emailed or paged the night before make any attempt to contact us by phone or email. The only good thing is that we did not have to give our credit card to hold the appointment so they could not charge us.
We had to start calling and tracking down a local hauler. Luckily we found someone that came out in 20 minutes and hauled it all away for us within 2 hours. I would never recommend this company to anyone. Today I found in my email that they had again changed the appointment on us to friday. I recommend people go local and support a local business and forget this company.

Ci