Columbiahouse. DVD — Extra charge
On 05 / 31 / 07 i received a small box in the mail from a po box in greenville sc. I assumed it was some type of free sample to i opened the box only to find a dvd from columbia house dvd club with an invoice for $5. 30 and instructions to make my next selections. I immediately called the customer service number on the invoice [protected] - - what a run - around. You can never reach a live person - - i pushed every option available to try to get a live person on the other end of the line. So my second thought was to put the dvd back in the mail box, marked the package "refused" return to sender. I get a note from our dear postal carrier that because sender did not make the package "return postage guaranteed" that i would have to pay $2. 75 to return the item. I then tried to contact columbia house via their web - site. What a joke! So once again i called the 800 number and went through the process of canceling the account only to be informed by the lovely recorded message that i would be billed for 2 more dvd's at the full price. I have been searching the web all day for complaints against this company and found that some kind person listed a phone number [protected] - - this is the phone number for columbia house management. I called the number and of course no live person to speak with however i did leave a detailed message about my situation of receiving this dvd and not being able to contact a live person. I also informed them that i thought that this was a scam and that i did not want my credit rating affected so i was giving them 7 business day to respond and resolve the situation. If i did not hear from them within that time period that i would be filing with the attorney generals office in both my state and indiana. Guess what!! Within 1 hour i had a phone call back from trent at columbia house - - per our phone conversation my account will be canceled with no charges and he will be sending me a prepaid envelope to return the dvd. So we will see what happen. . .
More Columbiahouse. DVD Complaints & Reviews
- Columbia House - This company is a SCAM!
- Columbia House DVD - Not able to cancel membership
- Takhar Group / Columbia House - Unknown Debt Collection
- Columbia House - www.columbiahouse.com - The biggest scam there is!
- Columbia House DVD Club - Should be investigated for criminal fraud
- Columbia House - Bad service
- Columbia House DVD - Unauthorized withdrawal!
- COLUMBIA HOUSE DVD SCAM - Ridiculous!
- Columbia House & TLG GREATFN(Trilegiant Incorporated) - deceptive selling practices
- ColumbiahouseDVDclub.com - Scam and cheating!