Coast To Coast / Grand GetawaysRefused to refund renewal fee

after my travel club was paid for, I decided not to renew because they have never been able to fulfill one request. I was receiving better deals outside of their club. They harrassed me for months about renewing, and although I said no, they charged my visa anyway. They said that I signed up for auto renewal. I told them that I did not. I spoke to several so-called supervisors, then the guy John that I had hung up on previously called to tell me that I authorized the charge. They were very nasty and unprofessional. I am getting my refund through my Visa. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE, THEY ARE CROOKS!!!

Jorge Tobon Dec 09, 2010

Cordial saludo.
    Quisiera saber si Comercializadora Golden Resorts S.A. esta autorizada como distribuidor del Programa de Vacaciones Coast to Coast - Grand Getways operado por la sociedad Grand Incentives Inc.
    Gracias
    [email protected]

• GrandGetaways Jul 31, 2011

We apologize for the experiences you describe. We would love the opportunity to speak with you. We do stand by our promises and pride ourselves on providing the best value to our members. Please call us so that we may work with you to resolve these issues to your satisfaction. Contact our Quality Assurance Team directly at 888-269-0182.

• Me
    MegBeth Nov 02, 2011

They say they're not trying to sell you anything and then they try to trick you into stating that you agree to buy the membership, even though you never once agreed to it. They try to railroad you. (This is all via phone call, I have never attended a presentation, and, after reading all the comments all over the internet, am glad for that.) I was called by a representative a couple of weeks ago who kept saying "I'm not trying to sell you anything, " (which was definitely part of the script) yet she tried to sell me something the whole time and then tried to smoothly trick me into agreeing to pay $249 on the spot. When I said I needed to talk it over with my other half, she put her supervisor on the line, and he told me the exact same things, nearly word for word, as she had. Neither one was willing to let me off the call without agreeing to pay right then and there. I finally managed to get off the phone (WITHOUT giving them my money), but immediately after the call I had SEVEN EMAILS (all identical) from the representative and have received 3-4 (also all identical) more every single day since. I did give them my email address and was fine with giving that out, but expected I would receive one email. All of the emails are exactly the same, furthermore, they never once mention in the emails the airline tickets they said they would be sending me, and they quote me a $100 higher price than they had quoted on the phone.

And by the way, apparently you are far from alone. TONS of people have been charged to their credit cards with this company despite having never once authorized it. I didn't give them my credit card info, but after all that I've read about them lately, I sincerely would not be shocked if they found a way to obtain it and charge it anyway. Seriously. If anyone would be low enough to do that, it's clearly them, factually speaking.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices