Clearview Plumbing and Heatingmaintenance plan & pricing

Hi karl lumsden, owner of clearview plumbing and heating and all those innocent people out there looking at reviews of this company before getting involved with them.
This my legitimate experience with them.

The plumbing inspection has shown me: (Really it is a salesman disguised as a plumber trying to sell you unneeded items at an exorbitant price)

Multiple options that take a very long time for the tech to figure out on his tablet that are irrelevant to my actual needs.

Overpriced viper toilet at $1318.00 when I can get an installed toilet as low as $265.00 from rona or an installed toto drake from pete the plumber for $565.00 but most aggravating, there is no problem with the toilet I now have.

Using a light on a camera, the tech tells me my upstairs toilet has a slow leak and a leak, according to the city of calgary can fill an olympic size swimming pool. Like I would not notice that kind of a leak! After he left I did the food color test in the tank and there was no leak through to the bowl. He wanted $139.00 for a new flapper valve installed. I can get one at any hardware store for about $10.00 and clip it on myself.

The tech was very impressed with the fast rate of water discharge of my sink out to the sewer line due to how clean the pipes must be yet he tries to sell me an $83.00 a bottle of some biological drain cleaner. Sure, let's pour some expensive bacteria down an already clean drain and wait for them to colonize. Brilliant. Good way to get money though.

When the tech finds out my hot water tank is warranted by home depot and friesens for life including installation the tech does not want to do a pressure test on it.

Overall, unless there is something wrong, the inspection is just a sales gimmic. There was nothing wrong anywhere so don't tell me the toilet is leaking when I can test it later. A leaking flapper and a bottle of bio cleaner is way too much using you guys. 4 rising price options to fix something that did not exist. Even if the flapper was leaking, it is not a reason for an unreasonably priced new toilet. Scam plus! Why not two toilets because when one flapper goes the other will probably follow. And a jug of biol for each drain.
_
The a/c inspection has shown me:

You moved my appointments for the a/c tune up twice and still want to change it. I do not want the air conditioner tune up because of this but I do want my money refunded for what I have paid for it. I do not want to be on your clearview maintenance plan any longer I will not be using your services. I insist on a refund for this waste of time a/c tuneup. From their site: "100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not fully satisfied with our service, just let us know. We’ll make it right or you don’t pay!" what a joke! Giving me the opportunity to perhaps get it done another day is not making it right nor is it any kind of refund. Just more bs.

Now that you tell me you will not give me a refund for the as yet not done a/c inspection, I agreed to the inspection being done 3 days later with a 'no bump' notice on my file. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place as you are just stealing my money that I have already given you on the so called maintenance plan if I don't go along with trying another day even though I now want nothing to do with clearview.

So much for the first in line maintenance plan member! Rebook as there will be no refund given so I might as well rebook. They'll just keep my money that I have already paid for the constantly bumped a/c inspection. I call it thievery. Did you learn how to overbook from an airline?
I can see how much you respect my time.

The clearview maintenance plan does not seem cost effective when they offer coupon discounts such as:
Furnace tune-up coupon code tu-f02 for $59.00
Air conditioner special: $99.00
Total: $158.00
The plan would cost me $290 a year (Difference: $132.00) and the only advantage would be being first in line and no travel charge. The plan is still more expensive as chances are I would not need the quick response for someone to come over to try to gouge me. But they do not put you at the front of the line. They just phone you the morning of your afternoon appointment and tell you they are too busy and have to re-schedule you. (I. E.: bump you)
I have paid $24.10 for 5 months (Dec/16, jan, feb, apr, may/17 - missing mar due to my error) to date. $120.50

I do not want any more of this so-called peace of mind for pocket change. There are better deals elsewhere. And I doubt they could have 'hidden surprises' any bigger than yours.

The warranty that you deem so great is not really great if the job was done right the first time. You can only screw up a toilet install by the neglect of the installer. Otherwise there should be no issues. That goes with pretty much any repair job. It's easy to warranty something when you charge 4 times or more the average price for it.

Your prices seem way too high to me no matter how you try to assuage them. This is reinforced by the many online negative complaints about clearview's pricing and even mentioned to me by an arpi's installer. The tremendous number of negative reviews on clearview plumbing & heating along with my own experience with the company alerts me not to have any further dealings with clearview plumbing.
There must be some incentive for the techs to quote such ridiculously outrageous prices, especially when the items are not even needed.
I don't mind paying employees a fair wage but I do not like to be playing a part in someone's ability to take early retirement!
If you are looking for a review on this company, clearview plumbing and heating, calgary don't stop after the first ones that may be good. Keep going as they hide the bad ones way down at the bottom. Every site, for example bbb, homestars, google and many others.

From what I have seen, your business ethics leave much to be desired. I found your employees to be good, clean, friendly guys, very professional. They are, no doubt, doing what they are told to do.

I have been once bitten, twice shy from my first pricing experience with your company oct. 2016 but decided to try your maintenance plan anyway. This was my second and final attempt to use your company for any type of service.

Clearview has been one big mistake. If you do not give me a refund for the unused a/c tune, this review will be posted on bbb, homestars, google and every other site I can find.
Have fun changing or hiding this review, karl lumsden, owner of clearview plumbing. As I am not getting any refund anyway, you can't insist I sign a document that I will not post reviews in order to get a refund.

Stay away from this outfit! Clearview plumbing and heating is overpriced and unreliable. On their website: "priority service. Jump to the head of the line! Whether it’s a routine call or an emergency, as a clear protection member, your job will be scheduled ahead of others. You do not go to the front of the line with their maintenance plan. You get bumped like everyone else. And just try to get a refund for anything, guarantees are of no value at this unconscionable dis-organization.

RESOLVED

This stupid review was put on by mistake just fooling around with this idiotic site, ComplaintsBoard, to see what t does and now I know it is a scam.