Cit Bank Bill Me Later, Inc.contact information

R

I had never heard of Bill Me Later, Inc. until I received a letter stating that they "regret that we are unable to approve me for service at this time" because they were "unable to verify some of the information that was provided with the purchase request"!
I never applied for this service, and when I tried to correct this mistake, I found that the letter did not contain a telephone number that I could contact, or even provide the name of someone to speak with. I was informed that if I had a need to respond the the letter, I would have to contact them at their P.O. address at the top of the letter!
I did find a customer service number on the internet, and I was informed that their representative had no more information than I did, not a telephone number or name to contact, and that I should write a letter to the P.O. address.
Then I was counseled to call three credit agencies and put a fraud alert on my credit cards, but there might be a cost for this! I know she was trying to help, but this is ridiculous! How can a professional corporation send out a letter without providing the means to be contacted if there is a question or problem? Especially in this day when credit fraud is so prevalent, not to be able to get answers after receiving this letter is frustrating.
I do believe the Better Business Bureau will be involved with this company in the not to distant future if their practices don't change.

jongirodes Jan 18, 2011

hello. i read every complaint on this website. i just found an inquiry on my credit report from "cit bank/bill me later.

if you want you can email me at [email protected]

i am in the process of having the inquires removed and can help you. also, if you were bothered by this, a class-action lawsuit is about to be filed which you can get in on.

jon girodes

• Mr
    Mrs. Pierce Dec 02, 2010

I received a notice from the 3 credit bureaus stating my credit
    score dropped 27 points because of an inquiry from Bill me Later. They stated that this would be on my record for 2 years. That's ridiculous. Who can I speak to about this? Please help.
    Mrs. Pierce

• Me
    mendotatech Sep 21, 2010

I am not an employee of Bill Me Later (former CIT Bank). I just use the service.

Bill Me later Inc. lets you know by E-Mail FIRST if you had been denied service.

Since that never happened with any of you other than credit caard theft and fake letters. I have no choice but to disagree with you.

I have an account with Bill Me Later service at my own consent for the last year. Each bill that I got has a telephone number, personal account info verifying SSI digits and Account number, and a Privacy Policy pamphlet. Now, there are some people who take people's identity. Bill Me Later ONLY requires the last 4 digits of the SSI number as well as your billing info. Other than that, credit is to be checked. When identity hijackers use this, they forget that companies like Bill Me Later track e-mail address info and if that info proves to be fraudulent, the hijacker would be tracked and arrested for fraud.

Also, if you do set up your account on Bill Me Later, no one is allowed to get into your account other than yourself and usually there would be "voice confirmation" as a security measure.

So if you have a bill me later bill without phone number info and shows a different p.o. box than what is usually printed as well as the letter being in black and white with the logo black and white, I would call Bill Me Later fraudulent claims office by phone. Just tell the operator in Bill Me Later that you would like to file a claim for fraud and they should be able to transfer you.

• Mg
    mgrglass Sep 05, 2010

I received the same letter. It does smell like a scam, but I did have my credit card information stolen a few weeks ago. CapitolOne took care of it for me. I must say they did a great job on that one. GOOD LUCK everyone I think we are going to need it.

• Su
    susieS Jun 21, 2010

I received the same letter as all of you "denying" my request for "credit" in accordance with BlueMountain.com, an e-card business online. Since then I have been being billed $2.99 a month for usage!!! Isn't this FRAUD in the LARGEST sense? I need some help here!!!

• Ne
    Newsmom09 Jun 15, 2010

I received the same letter stating they were unable to verify information provided on the application. I’m at ease knowing this person was not able to open an account under my name, but vivid that I know have a “hard inquiry” on my credit report!

• Ga
    gailan Jun 11, 2010

I think it's a scam! I got the same letter a couple days ago. I called Bill Me Later and they could not give me any information. Totally useless people. All they said was I should put a fraud alert on my credit.

They very conveniently put Equifax Credit Bureau on their letter. I called and someone tried to sell me a monitoring package for $15.00 per month.

Reeks of scam and they should be shut down for these kinds of business practices!

• So
    sosickofthieves Jan 29, 2010

Wow! Thank 's to Bill Gates and all the wonderful rich genius' that brought the computer into my home so I can find out that I am not alone in this ridiculous ###! On the other hand; Were it not for these magical devices, perhaps there would be hell of a lot less people in need of answers and justice? The new age of technology has made our lives more convenient, but along the way as it has added so much undue cost and stress to our lives. I really wonder if the degree of comfort will be worth the final cost?

When I was a youth you could be careful of your money and hold it in a few semi-safe places and check it regularly! Of course there were thieves, but you knew who they were. A bad guy was in the form of a robber, or someone you thought you could trust. Either way you weren't left to wonder who the thief is and if they will ever be brought to justice while dealing with the burden of trying to be your own lawyer and dectective. Why then can't we be the judge and jury if we do find the dirty pitiful theifs?

charles 45 Dec 24, 2009

I received bill me later stating the same problems they had, and mine was dated dec 07, 2009 for a purchase o f$ 116.94 for walmart.com and i never in my life had credit cards, i used cash or debit card from my bank, if you can just sent me a copy of this purchase i would be happy to even know who did apply for that, and that we can do something about it. the ref # is [protected]-[protected], thank you charles cortright phone #[protected]

• Ca
    Care Package Aug 25, 2009

I also received the same letter, it was written in my husbands name. My husband just happens to be incarcerated and has been for over a year. So I know that he is not trying to obtain any kind of credit. The whole world has got enough problems just trying to live, without something like this added to their survival plan. The fact is, " everyone should have their credit monitored as long as they live."

I agree, let's get them quickly or at least in a timely fashion!!!

• Ki
    kidstocks Jul 16, 2009

sounds like a phish email to me

• Mo
    mountaingoat May 05, 2009

I received same letter. Only beauty was that my wife has messed up my life, and credit rating for the last time Shes probably the unknowing person who put the info out there. I'm extremely encrypted, with stout firewall. Was totally shocked to see this waitng in hard copy when I walked in from a few days on the road. I'm thinking ACLU, BBB. Other ideas welcome. We need to move quickly.

sansho Apr 07, 2009

I had one of these letters as well. Someone tried to bill me on zappos.com to the tune of 300 dollars. Neither zappos nor cit bank/bill me later, inc would provide information about the fraud attempt - they claim they don't keep such information. It sounds to me as though "CIT Bank" (gee, that's edging close to a trademark violation, isn't it?) is destroying or withholding evidence of potential crimes.

I agree that the BBB needs to take a look at these guys.

joy Jan 27, 2009

I received the same letter twice. There's no phone number to call. Since before this happened, I have already put a fraud alert on my account since a Walmart account was opened using my name. What else should I do?

• Il
    ilyas B. Nov 25, 2008

wow. you guys r right. you call [protected] and dial 3. then a certain john will transfer you to "MARCY" she's the one in charge of telling you that they can do nothing for you. she actually said that her job is to tell you to call this nbr [protected]. but they wont do nothing for you either... oh she mentions couple of times that the good news is that the person who tried to steel you identity didn't succeed. what a joke.

• Lu
    Lupe Rios Sep 10, 2008

I also received the same letter. I haven't any idea who stole my info to try and buy 2300.00 from Walmart. I went to the internet and I'm getting the same info. How is this possible? I will also write the BBB and have put a fraud alert on my credit. This is shady.

• Al
    Alvan Hengge Sep 02, 2008

I received the same letter. I am writing letters to my congressman, as I am in Utah and CIT is headquartered in Salt Lake City, as well as to the Better Business Bureau.