Menu
Cinch Home Services Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Cinch Home Services
reviews and complaints

www.cinchhomeservices.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.6 32 Reviews

How responsive is Cinch Home Services's customer service?

5 Resolved
11 Unresolved
A rare visitor 🌥️
We'd love to see Cinch Home Services on ComplaintsBoard more often, showing their successful complaint resolution. But that's not happening yet, unfortunately. For reviewers, this means staying cautious and reading reviews from other customers (including the few already resolved ones) to understand the potential outcomes. If you get in touch with Cinch Home Services, be persistent and note all important details during communication.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Cinch Home Services has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Cinch Home Services homeowners reviews and complaints 32

Filter reviews by rating
16 reviews
Sort by:

Newest Cinch Home Services reviews and complaints

Cinch Home Services I have contract # *** starting in January

I have contract # *** starting in January . The contract is for repair or replace appliances. I have been paying $49.95 every month until last year when it went up to $59.95. I have had two or three minor claims in that time. A flat fee of $75 was paid on each of these claims. On March 1, 2023 the refrigerator broke and a claim was filed. Nothing has been done to tepair or replace the appliance in 3.5 months. Tens of hours on the phone to resolve the issue gets promises to escalate the matter and get resolution has never been satisfied. This company is in breach of contract. This has been an enormous hardship. I want a new appliance asap and damages for breach of contract. Or some equitable judgement. In my life I have never experienced as flat out refusal to honor a contract and lies about remedies. This company should not be allowed to do business.

E
Cinch Home Services has left an official reply on this complaint.

Cinch Home Services A brief timeline:4/21 Claim process started but *** will say 4/29 (should've known way back when this was how it was going to go)5/19 Heating

A brief timeline:4/21 Claim process started but *** will say 4/29 (should've known way back when this was how it was going to go)5/19 Heating element replaced 6/13 Motherboard replaced 6/23 We noticed the bottom of the dishwasher melted and water leaking onto the hardwood floor (see pictures and video)7/17 ***/Cinch denying my claim saying we caused the dishwasher to melt and it's 'accidental damage'. There are 2 clips that hold the heating element in place and it's physically impossible to push down on the element to the bottom of the dishwasher. Do you see how much time has passed and how long you continue to drag out this process? I can't believe the hoops you have made us jump through to get to this point. I have a much more detailed timeline of events that I can share if requested.Video of water leaking onto the floor shortly after starting the dishwasher:

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cinch Home Services March 9,2023 I purchased a home warranty with Cinch home services I paid $963.88

March 9,2023 I purchased a home warranty with Cinch home services I paid $963.88.I opened a claim on March 17, 2023 for my boiler.I paid $140 to the service provider and they came out and determined that the entire system needed to be replaced. I contacted Cinch home services multiple times to find out what they were doing to replace the system, which they stated they found a part and were expediting the delivery of said part it has been now 3 months and 8 days and still no part and they keep informing me that they will expedite the delivery and to call back in 2 days. I called June 26, *** replace my boiler! They will not refund the full amount I have paid. They have done NO repairs and it seems as though they are not going to do anything. I asked to speak to a supervisor which they continue to tell me one is available. All I want is to cancel the warranty and get the money I paid for this contract $963.88 And the $140 they made me pay for repairs which never happened!

T
Cinch Home Services has left an official reply on this complaint.

Cinch Home Services I have *** (CINCH) home warranty, and on May 28th 2023, I submitted an insurance claim for my leaking washer and paid deductible upfront

I have *** (CINCH) home warranty, and on May 28th 2023, I submitted an insurance claim for my leaking washer and paid deductible upfront. The technician assessed the issue as a faulty tank and belt which proceeded to order several spare parts (7), 3 of them arrived within 2 weeks but the rest never came. Ever since I have called about 19 times to get status update and I get transferred over and over, nobody gives me a definitive answer on what's happening with the parts or any ETA. I got emails saying the part is discontinued, which by contract they should replace the entire washer but they continue to tell me the authorization department is still trying to find the parts. So far it has been almost 2 months without a washer and with a big family, the cost of offsite laundry has become unsustainable.The monthly insurance payment keeps getting deducted from my credit card and with what I paid already in insurance altogether, I could have bought a new washer already.Contract Number: *** Associated with Phone # ***.I want an immediate Washer replacement at this point, as I cannot keep waiting for this repair to happen.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cinch Home Services I originally signed up for a 1 year home warranty on May 19, 2022, contract number ***

I originally signed up for a 1 year home warranty on May 19, 2022, contract number ***. I received a letter dated Feb 15. 2023 stating that my contract would automatically renew on May 19 2023. Not wanting to continue the service, I called them more than a week prior to cancel the service, which they acknowledged. I checked my charge account a few days later and noted that they had charged my credit card $659.88 a month prior on April 19,2023. I called Home Sure and the automatic screening machine said that I did not have an active contract (meaning that it was canceled). However, as I still had the contract number, I was able to enter the system and speak to a representative who stated that my money would be credited back to my charge card. I called again 3 days later, prior to May 19 and spoke to another representative who said that the credit would be issued on May 19,2023 on the day my original contract expired. I called again 2 weeks later, 3 days ago and they said they would issue the credit in 2 weeks. I do not think they intend to refund my money, although the contract states that I can cancel the service at any time even during the term of the contract and have the proportionate amount refunded.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cinch Home Services On April 16, 2023, we contacted our home warranty company regarding our air conditioning unit not working

On April 16, 2023, we contacted our home warranty company regarding our air conditioning unit not working. They sent *** the number of a company - Montague heating and cooling. We were unable to reach said company and complained, asking for a new company. They declined. *** finally reached out and came out. We agreed on having them fix the control panel on the furnace. Workers were very sketchy. They made unapproved repairs. Rerouting drain lines, cutting pipes and leaving the cover to our crawl space completely wide open. We paid a large sum of money to have our crawl space encapsulated and for it to be left like this is unacceptable. We are being told by Cinch that we have to continue to use the sketchy incompetent workers that they sent the first time. Also, that its not big deal bc I am pretty sure they are licensed and insured. So if there is any damage then maybe their insurance will cover it. That makes us feel great. We requested to speak with a supervisor, were told there are none. Put us on hold for 10 minutes only to return and tell us that nope still no supervisor on duty. Told us that we have to reach out to the company ourselves (Montague heating and cooling). We asked for a new company to come out as this one made us uncomfortable. That request was ignored. Told to let them know if we cant get the problem fixed ourselves. Im unsure why that is the car when working with a HOME WARRANTY COMPANY.

E
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cinch Home Services On or about May 9, 2023, I submitted a claim with Cinch Home Warranty for my refrigerator

On or about May 9, 2023, I submitted a claim with Cinch Home Warranty for my refrigerator. They sent GE who then determined the part not to be available. They then sent another service provider who also said the part was not available. Cinch then said their "researchers" located the part" and it was ordered but they could not provide a time for arrival. At this point it is June *** a new refrigerator due to the unnecessary delay they caused and no known time of repair. They said they could only offer me the approx. $400 to repair it or wait for the part. I reminded them neither provider could find the part, so how would I be able. I then phone them on June 20 and they told me the part would not be in until June 30. I explained that then we would be looking at mid-late July at the earliest for a repair. They refused my request for a replacement and said the case manager was as "high" as I could speak to anyone. Throughout this time, I have not received emails or return calls. I consistently have to call for an update. This is now a health concern as it has been nearly two months and the refrigerator is not working and I am not confident the part will arrive when they say on June 30. The property is a rental and I am trying to uphold my legal obligation to my tenants. I pay insurance to avoid being sued or lose my tenants and Cinch has not upheld their contract to me by expecting me to wait now what will be nearly 3 months for a refrigerator repair.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cinch Home Services This is a summary I can provide a much longer explanation with receipts and emails if that would help

This is a summary I can provide a much longer explanation with receipts and emails if that would help. Our refrigerator/freezer was broken. Cinch was unable to find a technician and on May 16, 2023, told us to hire a technician on our own and that they would reimburse us. They sent us the form to complete to ensure reimbursement. We did that and submitted the receipts for the service - $1,294.82.While we were waiting to be reimbursed for paying that out of pocket, we received an email on June 3, 2023 telling us that the refrigerator was irreparable and that they would either replace or provide a check for their calculated estimate of value - $8,099. They did not tell us that they would no longer reimburse us for the $1,294.82 or that this would be in lieu of that. In fact, I have since spoken with multiple customer *** representatives and several of them told me incorrectly that the check for $8,099 included the reimbursement for repair. This decreased any confidence I had that this would be resolved well. As a result, we have paid $1,294.82 out of pocket without any warning or information that Cinch would not be honoring their email telling us to get this serviced on our own and that they would reimburse us. The account/contract number is ***. (Please note that our contract with Cinch has since expired and we have not renewed it.)The job number for this Service is SCCR334F2889 I can send supporting documents if it would be helpful, however, Cinch has a copy of anything I would send you.Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cinch Home Services We acquired a comprehensive home warranty from *** Home Warranty powered by Cinch back in 2020 when we purchased our new home in *** and

We acquired a comprehensive home warranty from *** Home Warranty powered by Cinch back in 2020 when we purchased our new home in *** and were in the process of relocating. During our research, we explored various companies and eventually narrowed it down to Cinch and another provider. As part of our warranty purchase, we also invested in new refrigerators for both our kitchen and garage. The only other refrigerator in the house was in our movie theater, so I provided the exact details of our kitchenette, including the Make, Model, and Serial number, to the person assisting us in setting up our account. They assured us that the refrigerator was covered, which prompted us to proceed with the warranty.Fast forward 2.5 years later, we recently filed a claim to have our refrigerator repaired. However, to our disappointment, the representative from Cinch, along with their supervisor, informed us that they would not cover the refrigerator since it is categorized as a bar cooler. It is important to note that when we initially purchased the coverage, I clearly specified the location and provided the make and model of the unit. Thus, there is no justifiable reason for them to deny coverage for the refrigerator.In light of this situation, I am seeking either the repair or replacement of the refrigerator, or alternatively, a full refund of all the money we have spent with them over the past few years. Had we been informed that the refrigerator would not be covered, we would not have opted for their service in the first place. Moreover, I must mention that the repair process has been excessively time-consuming, spanning almost two months, as they dispatched three different companies that do not specialize in repairing True branded refrigerators, to begin with.By addressing these concerns and taking appropriate action, we can resolve this matter to our satisfaction.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cinch Home Services Cinch has repeatedly failed to repair my washing machine or replace the appliance as per the service contract

Cinch has repeatedly failed to repair my washing machine or replace the appliance as per the service contract. I created a warranty claim on May 27, 2023, and paid my deductible of $100.00. It is now July 17th I still am without a working washing machine. The initial appointment was on June 1, 2023, in which parts were ordered. I had to take the day off of work to wait between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm for the technician to arrive. Parts were called, and my next appointment was scheduled for June 8, 2023. One part was backorder, meeting rescheduled for June 12, 2023. Also rescheduled due to no part shipped, rescheduled for June 16, 2023 parts ordered did not repair my machine. The technician told me I had two weeks to find the part or they would replace my appliance. That was July 3rd; I never heard anything. On July 7th, I called to inquire about my repair; supervisors said to give them 48 hours to locate the part, which was July 11th. I received a text message part was ordered. ***'s scheduled repair appointment is for July 17th. I called Cinch on July 16th because no part shipped. The customer *** rep said I needed to contact *** because they ordered the part. I explained that Cinch called the part, and the agent said I was incorrect. It clearly states that Cinch requests the *** part DC92-01645A to cust with an ETA of July 14. No part arrived on the 14th. The Sears technician called to see If I had received the part at 2:31 pm. I explained I did not receive the part. I requested that the Sears technician tell his manager I wanted a replacement appliance as I have been without a washing machine for seven weeks. I then called Cinch to inquire about a replacement appliance. I was told that research had to determine if they would repair or replace it and that I needed to wait 3-5 more days. Completely unacceptable and still no working washing machine.

P
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cinch Home Services We purchased a Cinch Home Services Warranty earlier this year through *** to cover our home appliances

We purchased a Cinch Home Services Warranty earlier this year through *** to cover our home appliances. We then experienced cooling issues with our refrigerator, Cinch spent three months sending various technicians trying to resolve the issues and basically threw parts at the problems to try and resolve them. Despite repeated pleas to their call center about their inability to fix our refrigerator, we had to go out and purchase a basic unit to have something to use. We tried to be as patient as possible, and on the last repair, the refrigerator started cooling again. This was unfortunately short lived as the refrigerator started acting up again by not making ice at random times, error messages coming up on the front display, the interior lights working at times and not at others, and now the cooling is inconsistent. I placed a call to the call center a few weeks ago and they scheduled a technician to come out and I took the day off of work to accommodate him. He never showed up and didn't even bother to call so I called the call center and they told me to contact him directly. I left him multiple messages which he also did not respond to. I have now called the call center on four different occasions and each time they promise me that my case is being escalated and treated with "urgency." I am still waiting for them to call me back or even reschedule, it is clear they cannot repair our refrigerator. The call center has also repeatedly stated that they would most likely replace the refrigerator per the terms of our agreement due to the multiple visits and parts that have been replaced, but as with everything else with Cinch, we just keep getting the run around, poor customer ***, and an inability to diagnose and repair a critical appliance that we rely on. I'm really tired of throwing out food and dealing with service visits that do not resolve our issues, I would like the refrigerator replaced, we've given Cinch every opportunity to correct this.

K
Cinch Home Services has left an official reply on this complaint.

Cinch Home Services On 07/05/23, I contacted Cinch at *** for repair on my Central Air Conditioning

On 07/05/23, I contacted Cinch at *** for repair on my Central Air Conditioning. I requested that a service be provided on 07/05/23 and the rep assured me I would be called the same day for repair so I paid the $100.00 deductible fee. I never received a follow-up call from Solar Heating as was promised. I called Cinch back on 07/06/23 and was informed that an *** service would be assigned the same day. I later received a text message that the *** service would come to repair the *** on 07/07/23.On 07/07/23, the *** service arrived and after inspecting the *** unit determined the compressor needed to be replaced and that I would be notified by Cinch/*** with further information. I later received a text message from Cinch indicating the matter was being researched and a compressor was being ordered with an installation date scheduled for 07/22/23. On 7/11/23, I called Cinch for further details and was informed the issue with the *** unit was being researched. This seemed to be an unusual response so I asked for customer *** and again was told the issue was being research. I asked what was being researched because the repairman had already diagnosed the *** had a faulty compressor. The rep stated I should here something with the next few days. I expressed my concerns because temperatures were in the 90's during this time period.On 7/17/23 I called Cinch and was directed to call ***, which I had called in the past but no one has ever answered the phone. I called Cinch back and asked for a customer *** supervisor and believe or not was again told that the *** issue was being researched. I informed her that the research procedure was not how this type of business should be conducted when a repair is needed during inclement weather. She stated a request was made to *** authorization for more details and hoped for a response in *** hours. In the past if the *** service needed a part the part was obtained and installed in a timely manner.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Cinch Home Services customer service

Phone number

+1 (844) 627-6003

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Cinch Home Services?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cinch Home Services Customer Service. Initial Cinch Home Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Cinch Home Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Cinch Home Services. Discuss the issues you have had with Cinch Home Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.