Chuck E Cheeserude employees / customer service

Recently took my daughter to Chuck E Cheese and purchased $15.00 worth of tokens for games and two bags of cotten candy. The cashier rudely told me that we could not use a table because we just didn't purchase food. I just spent more money than any of their food products cost! They offer no lockers and we had to carry our heavy winter coats around while we were there (spent 2 hours there). When I contacted customer service, they simply replied that they agree with how the cashier handled things. There are no signs posted that say "tables for paying food customers only". Pizza - $7.99 and my total bill was $17.00, I think we deserved the right to sit at a table!!! Very unprofessional amd rude.

• HOMITADELVALLE Apr 12, 2010

I use to work in C.E.C. and there was no rule that you have to purchase food in order to be able to sit at a table. You should have ignored those rude employees and sat at a table. They can't throw you out. It seems to me these ignorant employees didn't have anything to do but just pick on the customers.

Marieee Jun 28, 2011

I think it was rude of them to say that you were unable to sit at a table, but if the place was busy and other customers had purchased food it only makes sense that those who purchased food be able to sit down with it. If you had been on the other side of things where you had food but couldn't find a seat because people were using tables as storage space you would have been even more upset.

Cheeseguy Jan 26, 2013

@HOMITADELVALLE If you really worked at a CEC before, then you would know that between January and March(1st Quarter), Chuck e Cheese's have a seating policy on the weekends where tables are reserved for food purchasing guests. It's not being rude, it's accomodating the needs of guests. If you ordered tokens only, then you don't have a need for a table. As for your "heavy coats", it's called coat hangers, and they are all around every location.

• Ce
    Cecworker Mar 24, 2013

@cheeseguy I work at a Cec and yes it gets busy around those times, but at my location there aren't any coat hangers, not even for the employes

• Ca
    casinn Apr 15, 2014

I am a longtime employee at chuck e cheese and i have to complain about the parents that come here. You people are complete pigs¡ You let youe children walk around filthy and discusting not to mention unattended. You expect employees to be a babysitter and provide excellent hospitality. You watch as your delinquent child socks and kicks the poor cast member in the suit and you laugh. You dont know how to form one line and you always let your kids go nuts on our salad bar. Gross. Be a parent and get the child their salad. You all complain that its not as good as disneyland well try going to disneyland playing and eating for only fifty bux lol

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices