The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Chicken Express — serving spoiled chicken
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Spoiled chicken was being fried and sold on July 25, 2011. I know this because I was an employee until the incident occured. It was first brought to my attention while I was doing the dishes and I noticed a peculiar smell; which I had not smelled once while working there over a year. I asked the cook what it was and after a while of looking around and getting the manager involved we discovered that it was in fact the tubs of tenders, and we later discovered the raw gizzards gave off the same odor. There are two franchizers of the restaurant and one of them said to simply wash them off and they would be fine, we did wash them and they still had the same sour smell. The other owner actually came by and looked at them, but when she did she insisted that she could not smell anything, but myself and two other employees finally showed her the difference after comparing a nonsmelling tender with the contaminated tenders. She then admitted there was a difference, and she reluctatly threw away the tubs. Even though she said it was normal because it was freshly made marination put on fresh tenders, but still left the same sour smelling gizzards in the cooler. After asking around some more I figured out that the same sour smell had happened earlier on in the week but nothing was done. I also disovered that when marinating chicken, employees had used hot marination while marinating chicken to keep their hands warm and this left the raw chicken in air tight tubs with hot water and this was why the chicken had a distinct sour smell and was in fact spoiled.
More Chicken Express Complaints & Reviews
- Chicken Express - bad service and can’t satisfy guest
- Chicken Express - military discount
- Chicken Express - im writing with concerns about the poor management at chicken express
- Chicken Express - inappropriate actions by management.
- Chicken Express, Blue Mound RD. Saginaw, Texas - service
- Chicken Express - lack of product
- Chicken Express - product
- Chicken Express - the rudeness of the owner
- Chicken Express - cashier / rules
- Chicken Express - janitorial skills