Chicken Expressserving spoiled chicken

B Review updated:

Spoiled chicken was being fried and sold on July 25, 2011. I know this because I was an employee until the incident occured. It was first brought to my attention while I was doing the dishes and I noticed a peculiar smell; which I had not smelled once while working there over a year. I asked the cook what it was and after a while of looking around and getting the manager involved we discovered that it was in fact the tubs of tenders, and we later discovered the raw gizzards gave off the same odor. There are two franchizers of the restaurant and one of them said to simply wash them off and they would be fine, we did wash them and they still had the same sour smell. The other owner actually came by and looked at them, but when she did she insisted that she could not smell anything, but myself and two other employees finally showed her the difference after comparing a nonsmelling tender with the contaminated tenders. She then admitted there was a difference, and she reluctatly threw away the tubs. Even though she said it was normal because it was freshly made marination put on fresh tenders, but still left the same sour smelling gizzards in the cooler. After asking around some more I figured out that the same sour smell had happened earlier on in the week but nothing was done. I also disovered that when marinating chicken, employees had used hot marination while marinating chicken to keep their hands warm and this left the raw chicken in air tight tubs with hot water and this was why the chicken had a distinct sour smell and was in fact spoiled.

• Cr
    Cranky Old Lady Jul 29, 2011

Yuck, As a Vegetarian I'm really insulted that they fried up spoiled chicken on my birthday and sold it to people, Do so Hope that the Survivors file a Lawsuit, And get so much cash that they put this place out of business!!!

• Cr
    Cranky Old Lady Jul 29, 2011

Thanks Brenda, thats a horrible thing to do serve spoiled chicken to people, that should never happen ever, Spoiled meat can kill and that really does'nt help a business with their happy and satisfied customers returning for chicken there. Maybe they should consider changing their name to The Last Meal Cafe Or, The Rotten Bird Meat Restaurant? At least the Customers will know what to expect before they walk into that place and order up. Give me some fried Carrots, Baked Zucchini and Salad with some Ranch, Now thats a meal I can trust not to kill me, Lol.

• Ba
    Barbara Kay Whitworth Aug 20, 2018

Just another fried chicken place with more selections. Prices are too high and not any better than the other three in close proximity to my house.
    Everything very bland. Probably not going to go back too much. Better chicken elsewhere and just as close.

• Co
    Coysmom Aug 20, 2018

Having to wait 30 minuets every time we go to eat at Chicken Express in Clifton Texas is ridiculously too long! Something has got to be done to help them improve on their time management with the paying customers. Every time you order in the drive through they have you wait up front (20-30 mins later) you get your food. We will not be back

• Jl
    Jll5168 Aug 20, 2018

I have been to chicken express location in Lumberton, TX more than once and I could be wrong but I thought there is Chicken Express brand dipping sauces (i.e. Ranch, jalepeno ranch, bbq sauce etc) however both times I am given Ken's Steakhouse Ranch. Is this franchise not using the products it is suppose to?

• Ot
    ottaway Sep 10, 2018

your employee could not get my order right and overcharge customer, and was not professional

date: 31 Aug 2018 time 4: 45 pm

order was two dinner - one gal swt

ottaway Davenport
    [protected]
    [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ml
    mlmason Sep 10, 2018

Purchased 2 fish dinners last night at the location in desoto Texas 1021 beltline.
    The fish was too hard, hush puppies were hard as rock and only one hush puppy per box. Coleslaw was excellent and mash potatoes were to. This is a new store and just wanted them to be aware of how certain items are being served and I had to pull up to wait for it.

• Ro
    Ronbottom Sep 10, 2018

I ordered a 2 piece combo meal.
    But got 2-legs & bisket for $5.28...
    I always check my order everytime just to make sure they get it right, but this time i didn't because i need to goto work and press for time.
    I should of gone to Subway next door and got a 6 inch meatball for $3.00

• He
    Heather Whitman Kendrick Sep 10, 2018

Placed order at 12:38 And was told it was an 8 minute wait yet did not receive order until 1:02.

• Bu
    Bushkenn41 Sep 19, 2018

I've been to a lot of your stores have never been to one that offer serendipity seasoning salt the chicken was not cooked the way I have been accustomed to receiving from your stores hope you get the problem taken care of because your about to lose a very good customer. I sent my wife and kids there and they where very disappointed.

• Te
    tequila moore Oct 21, 2018

I need for Mark that's over the chicken express in Beaumont TX on hwy 105 and college street to contact me as soon as possible. He can contact me at([protected]. Thanks

• Br
    Brittany2 Oct 23, 2018

I went to the chicken express on Davis blvd in north Richland hills today and there was BLACK MOLD in my cup. I didn't notice it until I was done drinking my full drink and started munching on the ice. This is DISGUSTING! Why in the world would your servers think it is okay AT ALL to serve someone a cup with BLACK MOLD in it???

• Go
    God keep me Oct 31, 2018

Rude white manager Lady located on the Loop Tyler, Tx . I ordered a number 1 the meat was so greasy I asked her to replace my food. She threw it in the trash across the kitchen had a rude and unprofessional attitude . She didn't want to give me some fresh food. I will never spend my money their again.

• Da
    darkstar wolf Nov 05, 2018

They don't know how to cook hoodwinks or macaroni!!! They overcook everything!!! It was marshal.

• Tr
    TrentonB Nov 11, 2018

I wanted for wat felt like 10 mins for my chicken tenders and then they cold and tasted burnt and the fries were cold and undercooked/ fries don't look same as they did last time I went. I feel like they just gave me the old leftover food that they were going to throw away anyway

• Ga
    Gail Bailey Nov 13, 2018

I love Chicken Express but today I got some to go. The rolls were burnt. I have never had any problems before. I just couldn't go back to tell them had to get ready for work too.
    The chicken is the best around.

• Ra
    ray roberson Nov 13, 2018

11/29/2016 show up at 12:15 an they tell you it will take 20 mins for four pieces of chicken. Sounds like the owner needs to hire someone that's not waiting for people to walk in before they cook. Gone down hill the last year.

• Ka
    Kat221133 Jan 05, 2019

I went to chicken express with my friends and we order tenders. The chicken wasn't fresh and was all bread little chicken. But the chicken I got was raw the manager said he couldn't do much about it and gave me 3 Jalapeño poppers. I ATE RAW CHICKEN!!!

• Ke
    Keri LeBlanc Aug 10, 2019

We ordered 3, 7pc meals, only got 1 of our sides plus each only had 6 strips in it. Because we had to back up there our meals were cold, the rolls were hard and the potatoes were soupy.

• Ar
    arlon hill Aug 24, 2019

At 730 pm went to your store at Garden acres drive and I-35 this was on Aug.17 drove to the drive thru there was a sign that read closed due to manager I seen employees in the store but no customers might want to check into it.

• Ki
    kiara patton Sep 10, 2019

I open my box to find 4 small dryed up pieces of chicken an old dry roll and my gravy bowl have empty. Horrible service from employee who took my order at the speaker.

• Po
    Pop Jackson Feb 01, 2020

Today after a long day at church myself and my family decided to stop at Chicken Express . I purchased some glizzards and while we were enjoying them we came across a few that were green in the inside as you will see in the photo.

• Dj
    DJClark Feb 03, 2020

I bought the 8pc. With ff ($20.58), the chicken pcs were very small, not even 3 bites on some and when I bit into the breast (which was 1/2 size) grease squirted out and ruined my shirt! Never buy chicken from chicken e again and I will tell all me friends! That was worse than kfc!

• Do
    donna bradley May 16, 2020

In canton tx about 3 pm Sunday ordered 12 piece mixed..no breasts was in box was 2 wings my husband and I prefer white meat n grandkids dark..not happy..

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices