ADVERTISIMENT

Thu:10:30 am - 10:00 pm
Fri:10:30 am - 10:00 pm
Sat:10:30 am - 10:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Chicken ExpressExtremely poor management!!

EXTREMELY POOR MANAGEMENT!!! Do yourself a favor and BYPASS express-b114050">CHICKEN EXPRESS IN TOMBALL & go to Cane's, less than 1/2 mile down the road. Much better food and their employees don't have the incompetence and attention span of a 4 yr old. After a long, hard day at work I decided to run thru the drive thru at express-b114050">Chicken Express in Tomball - it was around 8:30 and express-b114050">chicken express is about 10 minutes from my home. I ordered a 7pc chicken strip dinner and had planned on sharing it with my husband when he gets in from work (he works nights). I was charged $13.74 for my meal. When I got home I sat the food on the counter until I completed unloading my groceries. When I opened the box, it was now 8:55 when I realize that the 7-piece that I paid for had only 3 very small chicken tenders inside, with the sides that I had chosen. I immediately call express-b114050">chicken express before they close to let them know of the issue and see how they wanted to handle it. I was told by the young girl in the phone, "do you want to come in and get the rest of your order?" To which I replied, "ma'am, I know this is probably not your fault, but every single time I come here, they can't get a basic order correct (this is the exact reason I have t been to express-b114050">chicken express in Tomball in 6 months). I have to waste my own time and my own fuel to retrieve what I've already paid for? I'm tired - the last thing I want to do is drive 10 minutes back to pick up this order - she was pleasant and accommodating. She said, ma'am we are understaffed and have new people working-come back up here tonight and we will refund your purchase and remake your order for free. So I tell her that I'll be there in 10 minutes or so. When I arrive at the drive thru, a Hispanic man is now taking the orders and serving at the window. I let him know that I had spoken to a female and that my order was not complete. He was rude and condescending. He started with"WUT, what are you talking about?"I Said sir, I paid $14 for a 7 piece only to get all the way home and then drive all the way back to pick up the food that I've ALREADY PAID FOR. He simply replied"pull up to the window". Upon moving forward to the window,"Luis"who claims to be the manager hands me a small box with 3 very small tenders inside. No apology, no refund, nothing more than a nasty attitude when he handed me the food. I opened the box in front of him and asked"what is this, I ordered a seven piece??"Luis, the manager, said"Yeah, that's it!"to which I replied," I got out of my house to make a SECOND TRIP up here to get WHAT IVE ALREADY PAID FOR. I ordered a 7-piece and received 3 tenders for $14. If you add THREE more tenders to the THREE you've already given me, ITS NOT SEVEN!!! How hard is that to comprehend?? So he then retrieved one more very small box with ONE very small tender in it served up with a side of bad attitude. Still no apologies, no anything except extremely rude behavior from the "manager" named Luis. I will be calling the corporate office first thing in the morning. If express-b114050">Chicken Express in Tomball is struggling, it may just be the incompetent management that is steering your customers to the competitors. In reading the recent reviews on Facebook, google, Yelp, and others for the Tomball location of express-b114050">Chicken Express, it seems that your incompetence, untrained and condescending management is the issue - not the food.

Extremely poor management!!
Extremely poor management!!

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Chicken ExpressCustomer service, poor quality food, rude management

My daughter and I went to express-b114050">chicken express in Downtown Tomball. We waited in line for 20 minutes for chicken that was not only old but had a long strand of white hair in it. So I asked the cashier to give me a refund and let me speak to her manager. Cashier leaves and come back and stated, "my manager said we can give you a refund or remake chicken with a 20 minute wait. I told cashier,"can you go and get your manager so I express my complaint". Manager come with nonchalant attitude and says basically the same thing the cashier stated about 20 minutes or refund. I asked the manager for a number to corporate. Manager gives me the corporate number and shuts the window without giving me my refund. I blew the horn to let the cashier know that she didn't issue the refund. Her lips read"this [censored]". I let her know that I read her lips, and at that point she closed the window and told me to have a good day without my refund!

About 10 minutes later the sergeant arrives and gets out with an attitude and states"I don't care what's going on. Move your car so this establishment can resume business" his attitude was very nasty and rude and of course I informed him that the tone of voice that he was using was totally unnecessary. I look up and there's 3 more car loads pulling up with one officer standing with his hand on his taser. Mind you, I never got out of my car, never did anything hostile. This is ridiculous!!! I'm so pissed about this whole situation. All these police for a box of chicken!!!

Comment Guidelines

4 Responses
        autheref Jun 18, 2021

I wish the "rude" sergeant arrested you in front or your daughter. NO one was rude. You just threw a fit when you did not get your way. A bad example for your daughter.

autheref Jun 18, 2021

With your behavior no wonder the the cops were called.

authorfist Jun 18, 2021

With your behavior you deserve to have the police called on you. No one was rude to you. You just threw a fit because you did not get your way. What a good role model you are to your child. Too bad you were not arrested in front of your child. That would teach her not to be like you when she grows up.

authorfe Jun 18, 2021

He should have had you arrested in front of your daughter for holding up the line. You have an attitude yourself. They called the police on you for acting like a child.

ADVERTISIMENT