CHI St. Luke’s Health

4001 Preston Ave. № 175, Pasadena, TX 77505

Wound Care Clinic at The Woodlands
17450 St. Luke's Way, Suite 360, The Woodlands, TX 77384

Complaints & Reviews

service provided while in labor/birth

Horrible doctor who is VERY unprofessional and rude. Not only does she disguise her disrespect but she belittles everyone who is in her presence. After my sister-in-law had a...

service rendered by dr. amil soliz

My husband Mark Pucharich had an appointment with this Doctor February 6th at 930 am. We went to the appointment at 830 to be sure we were on time. We were brought back to the...

er visit

yes I have been to this er twice in the last month for the same reason. and I was seen by the same PA-C and was not helped at all. tonight when I went he more less told me at the...

nurse care & food service

January 9, 2020 ... I had surgery at Baylor St Luke's. My first encounter with this hospital and it will be my last. After surgery I was returned to a room and at that time I...

prepayment for services

Hello, My insurance referred me to Baylor for a medical problem I am having. I would of rather gone to Methodist, but this is what my insurance said I had to do. I am a 64 soon...

waiting area

I hope this message can make some sort of difference for this hospital.

I went in to the ER on May 28 or 29 it was a Thursday, My GI doctor advised me to go to this location and stated they were gonna notify doctors that I was coming. I get there and wait over 3.5 hours to be seen and was in horrible pain. Another customer arrived in ambulance and was placed in wheel chair to wait also. I cant understand why the wait. The nurses that helped me with my week long stay were amazing. But the delay in waiting area is unbearable. I know I have options to go to other hospitals, but i was advised by my GI doctor to go here for emergency surgery for abcess structure in intestines. I hope this gets resolved and I can't say that I would ever go back. AS A State employee - I can not behave like that man that appeared in news the other day.

refund due me for overpayment

620069 I have contacted and spoke with my insurance, Cigna-HealthSpring, and specially with ChI St. Luke's Memorial Health Center (4 separate times) of Livingston and written two...

procedures and left iv in!

My mom is a patient here at St. Luke's hospital due to not having a pulmonary hypertension doctor in Corpus Christi, TX (where we live). We have to travel to Houston for care the...

do not call patients back!!!

I am very upset with your 6363 san felipe houston, texas 77057 office. I called three times today (am) and left messages to call me back!!! I wanted to know if my appt. Was at...

front desk employee

The older man who works the front desk is extremely rude and almost impossible to even have a conversation with. There was a gentleman infront of me who was seeking help from the...

james hooper woodlands hospital treatment

June 25, 2018

To whom it may concern;
I would hate for anyone to be treated as we were by Dr. Bazgha Khalid, twice. Both times serious illnesses. She does not care!
We have been patients of Kelsey Seybold for over 30 years. Never had a problem with a doctor like this. I am advocating for my husband and family, he is ill and can't advocate for himself. James Hooper, born 10/16/54, is an Army Veteran and a retired Houston Fire Fighter.
Kelsey's Policy state:
You have the right to expect an appropriate response to reports of pain. Our providers take all comments about pain seriously and we make every effort to accommodate your needs for pain relief with a medically appropriate response. Methods for providing feedback, including complaints. You have the right to contact a clinic administrator to present a complaint about the clinic, your care or a clinic employee without your care being adversely affected. We welcome the opportunity to address your concerns and receive your feedback. For individual Kelsey-Seybold Clinic issues or concerns, we recommend that you communicate directly with the Clinic Administrator.
You have the right to choose an alternate Kelsey-Seybold provider if another qualified provider is available.

Information concerning their diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, and prognosis. When it is medically inadvisable to give such information to a patient, the information is provided to a person designated by the patient or to a legally authorized person. • Your doctor or other healthcare professional should explain your diagnosis to the degree known, your proposed treatment (including the possibility of risk) and the expected outcome of your treatment. We try to present this information in a way you can understand we encourage you to ask questions about anything not clear to you. You may be requested to sign a consent form for some treatments before they are initiated. • You are encouraged to ask questions about your health status and treatment and participate in your care. • You have the right to know who is performing any procedures required for your medical care. • You have the right to be informed about your diagnosis, health status, treatment and the healthcare team caring for you. Patients are given the opportunity to participate in decisions involving their healthcare, except when such participation is contraindicated (inadvisable) for medical reasons. • To the extent permitted by law, you have the right to refuse tests, treatments, medications and surgical procedures, according to your personal values and goals. Every effort will be made to help you be aware of the consequences of your decisions. However, you are responsible for your actions if you refuse treatment or decide not to follow a medical professional's instructions. If you refuse, you maybe required to sign a statement indicating you have refused these services. If you refuse a particular diagnostic procedure or course of treatment, our physician may ask that you select another physician, except for medical emergencies. You have the right to expect reasonable safety in so far as the clinic practices and environment are concerned.
"My top priority is listening to the patients and treating the individual, rather than the disease". Quote from Dr. Khalid's Kelsey introduction page.
May 2014, I reported Dr. Bazgha Khalid for allowing my husband to leave the Spring clinic with a blood sugar of 911 and called us at 4:00 a.m., screaming, may I speak with James Hooper, him to go straight to the emergency room because he could go into a coma or died his blood sugar is over 900. I never heard anything back, but the fact she was not at Kelsey Spring anymore was a relief to me. Not ever thinking one day she would have to treat someone in my family again.
When we initially came in he was weak and could barely walk. He told her that our insurance was messed up and we could not afford our medications. He went on to tell her that chose to buy my heart medication instead of his diabetes medication. (I did not know my husband chose to buy my medications and not his own) She stated you all do this all the time. We were like do what? She stated, you run out of medication and then come to the Dr. to get another prescription when you get sick. She scolded us about not buying our medication not understanding at that time we could afford to buy prescriptions for the both of us. This has never happened before.
So, I did rush him to the hospital to find out he was near death because she was to upset with us for something that was out of our control to consider him as her top priority and listening to him and him rather than his disease. Which is her personal statement?
As I write this without hesitations, I feel the pain that we felt when finding out my husband could have died from her being outraged at the fact that he bought my medicine instead of his. In addition to our pain and sufferings. I lost about six weeks of pay that was never recovered. Nor did we receive a response from this incident. We were also in a financial bind.
My husband was admitted into St. Luke's Woodlands Hospital on June 18, 2018. We were there until June 24, 2018. We were treated with kindness and care for the most part. He received his diagnosis and was treated. We were there for 7 days. Monday -Friday we were treated with the dignity and care by Dr. Jones. She came in and ask us what we know about what's going on with my husband's diagnosis, she also stated that she read his records from Kelsey and was able to quote his medical history verbatim. She asked him how he was feeling and give her treatment based on his history, the GI Dr.'s diagnosis and what she learned from him.
Saturday morning Dr. Khalid came in and stated her name and that the GI doctor, Dr. Varia stated my husband could go home and she agrees. I stated wait a minute, his blood count is still low, and Dr. Varia stated the Kelsey Dr. would probably give him another blood transfusion to give him a boost and recommend him to his Kelsey PCP. She then stated, I haven't been treating him and I don't know his history, I am going by what the GI Dr. stated. She said she did not see his medical history from his Kelsey records. I told her you did not even ask him how he's doing or what he's feeling. I told her he's still weak and exhausted when he goes to the restroom or just sets up. Then she stated, "So what do you want me to do?" We were terrified! She was standing at the foot of the bed and she moved to the left side of the bed and ask my husband again, " What do you want me to do?" He stated, "You are the Doctor, what should I do?" She told him, "Your hemoglobin is 7.4, that might be your new level." We previously explained that Dr. Jones researched his Kelsey records and found his number from October 2017. She stated she did not see that. We said wow! She then stated, "ok, I'll give you 2 units of blood and stated, I check you in the morning to see if your level has changed.
By that time, I realized who she was. The same doctor who treated my husband in 2004 and send him home with a blood sugar of 911. I immediately went to the nurses' station and asked for another Dr. to see my husband. They stated they tried but there was no other doctor on call.
I went to the station where she was sitting and explained how my husband almost died in 2014 so I am very protective of him. I would like for him to be treated with dignity and care. I told her that she treated him before. I told her to check his records. She came from around the station and told me, if I had it to do again, I would go into his room and ask him how he's feeling and initially order 2 units of blood to give him a boost instead of what I did. I stood near her crying my eyes out wondering how a doctor could be so uncaring. She did put her hand on my back and I told her to look up my husband records, you treated him before. I feel she was trying to console me because she realized she did not listen to this patient, so she was not able to treat him for a 2 time.
The next day great news, my husband's blood count went up to 9.9. We had to see Dr. Khalid so she could release James from the hospital. She told my husband that the nurses told her we wanted another doctor. We stated yes that is true. She asked my husband was he ok with her being here, he told her I just need to be released. She asked me, I told her I was not ok with her being here. She told my husband, that she set up 2 appointments for him next week. She explained what for and wished him well and left.
We are asking that the above-mentioned Dr, receive some type of sensitivity training and apologize to my family for her unprofessional actions while treating the Head of our family.

James and Tracy Hooper
Patient Information
James Hooper, 10/16/54, Seen at St. Luke's The Woodlands

billing dept

Account: [protected]
Sept 2017 scheduled two can scans and MRI, After a frustrating day I left having completed all. Soon after I was notified that I'd skipped #2 test. After a week of phone efforts someone in billing tho't to call the radiology dept. They corrected the information stating that test 3 could not have been completed w/o #2 having been finished. I view this error as indicative of the entire day with many details of ineptitude.
Then came billing issues. From Mid Jan to Mid March I've provided bank records as proof that I've paid (overpaid) on this account. Every two weeks I call for status and am told "it's under review". No written records of anything other than the original bill have ever been sent to me and no phone calls to explain delays have come from the billing dept. This lack of communication, two of my processed checks showed up in So. Carolina at some medical facility could be ineptitude but I tend to think there is fraud involved.
If anyone AT St Lukes cares they can contact me for the many details I've recorded from two months of efforts to square a bill at CHI-St.Luke's.
S.M. / Houston

CHI St. Luke's Health - The Vintage Hospital — my manager

I am complaining on my manager name Luis Ramirez. This incident happened on April 1, 2016 Friday Morning, Well he called me the hospital phone that i have to carry at night when i...