Chem DryFranchises

R

I bought two franchises from Chem Dry in Feb 2014. I was told that a 800 phone number on their website was where customers called and the number was used to give out business to the franchises in the area on a rotating basis. I was told about what a great name Chem Dry had. This was in February 2014. I went to Chem Dry school in April. Again we were told about the fabulous name Chem Dry had established since the beginning of its establishment. In June of 2014 I believe we were notified by Chem Dry that they would be updated their marketing practices and we would now be relying on a website. We could either purchase from them or build our own. Either way for the Chem Dry franchisee who was in business for the last 15 years, he already had one and probably a nice customer list as well. For the new guy like me, showing up on page 22 on Google didn't bring me a single customer. Nor did Chem Dry's New and Improved website appearing with 11 other franchises either. Forget about the new website fees as well. In July after much complaining, I received used portable equipment which blew fuses in most homes I tried to clean carpets in. Again, another change, a new update to their equipment . I finally received my new equipment in the end of August, just in time for the slow down of back to school. Funny, I wasn't made aware of the marketing changes and equipment upgrades when I purchased the franchises, in February. You don't really believe that a company with that many franchises didn't know these changes were going to take place. 6 month prior? Or how about their formula of 55, 000 population per franchise. Do they consider all the other companies Stanley Steamers, ZeroRez, Sears Etc. or how about the guy who owns his own van and machine, how many per 55, 000 are there? I found the carpet cleaning industry is a over saturated, under priced market . With the price of Chem Dry's Products, website fees and then equipment financing how do you compete with a guy who advertises 2 rooms for 59 dollars or P.U.R.T. Chem drys pet urine removal (neutralizer ) it works well but takes 24 hrs to work correctly. Two trip to a customers house????? They don't tell you that in Chem Dry school! How about the Chem Dry process to check if franchise is operating correctly? They offer a customer who requested work at their website a free cleaning if they will take pictures of you, your staff and Van, get samples from your truck's tank of your products and then ask you a few questions. I was never so humiliated in all my life! Bottom line I had to advertise in a shoppers magazines (market), compete with another Chem dry ( the guy who cleans 2 rooms for 59) . I was told to have 5 months of operating cash, I didn't have the right equipment for 7 months. I couldn't even brake even! Before investing in Chem Dry do your homework! Get all of the shopper magazines in your area and see the real prices! Don't talk to the Chem Dry whose been in business for 10 years, go see the guy whose started a year ago if he is still around. Listen to the radio and TV, who advertises, not Chem Dry!No national advertising, ever! They are a product franchise, they are there to sell product, not carpet cleaning or upholstery cleaning! Read about arbitration should you have a bad experience such as mine, you need to go to Utah and hire an attorney in Utah to even try to argue with them !!! They are salesman who take advantage of good hard working people, the public is smart especially when it comes to rugs! this industry has educated the consumer for the last 20+ years and they know all about bait and switch!!! Pre sprays, fragrances, urine removal etc. CHEM DRY IS A RIP OFF!!! I LOST A LOT OF MONEY AND WAS NOT CONTACTED BY THEM FOR A YEAR AFTER I LOST MY MONEY AND SHUT IT DOWN! I was a very successful businessman before Chem Dry, I did quite well in the Janitorial business for many years!I bought this as a passive income, put a truck or two onthe road with techs as they explained to me!How do you sleep at night Charlie Erickson? Think about this their name CHEM- DRY (Chemicals in a society going green!!!) I could kick myself every time I think about them!!! So if some Chem Dry official responds with some wordy explanation, think about it ? Why would I waste my time writing this on line? And not everyone knows who Chem Dry is as they would like you to believe!!! Good luck !!! Go to your nearest carpet cleaning warehouse and ask them!