The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Check Recovery Centerfraud

V Review updated:

I received a notice from kroger check recovery center...stating that check #1499 had been returned, we paid this check
I was under the immpression that just returned ck fee of $ 25.00...yet I'm being billed for $81.61 and $25.00 total of $106.61

dept 86130
p o box 1259
oaks, pa 19456

Kroger check recovery center
p o box 30650
salt lake city, ut [protected]

they state they are holding 1 check, is that not against the law!!!

numbers inprinted at bottom of letter are [protected]


  • Th
    Thomas T2016 Apr 26, 2021
    This comment was posted by
    a verified customer
    Verified customer

    I was sent a letter saying that they're holding a check for $10.98. A returned check fee for $25.00 now a balance of $35.98. I got a Kroger debit card in the mail & never used it. Never even activated it. I called to tell these ppl that they got the wrong information. The lady argued me down, was rude, wouldn't let me speak to a manager & hung up in my face. So I googled these ppl. And I see all these fraud reviews. I called back to ask for proof that they are real. The lady hung up in my face. No way in west hell this junk is real.

    0 Votes
  • Ta
    tamelahopper12 Apr 22, 2021

    I would like to pay my bad check of. The account is [protected] and I would like to pay it off and my name Mrs Tamela Hopper

    0 Votes
  • Ka
    Kathu Oct 02, 2018

    The same thing happened to me
    Said they were holding a check and then charged 30.00. Now I get another one in the mail saying they're holding two checks and charging more money. I paid it online when we had plenty of money in there. I made sure of that. What is going on? Said my card was declined. I'm not paying them any more money. That was a new card too
    We had plenty of money in our account. That's why I went ahead and paid it.

    -1 Votes
  • Ro
    Rochelle Welch Sep 28, 2018
    This comment was posted by
    a verified customer
    Verified customer

    I was charged a check recovery fee for a check that was posted a month earlier and did not bounce. This fee caused my bank account to be overdrawn leading to more fees from my bank. I had to waste a lot of time and effort to even get a hold of this place to dispute the charges and have them take them off of my account. I am reporting them to every agency that regulates this type of business since they obviously do not know how to do their jobs and cause a lot of grief to people and do not help the people fix the mistakes that they cause!

    0 Votes
  • Cu
    CustServ12 Sep 04, 2016

    The Kroger Check Recovery Center is located in SLC Utah. I do know this because I work there. The fee is based on what state the check is written. Say Kentucky and Virginia the fee is 50.00 per returned check. But say in other states it can be as low as 20.00. It is not a scam. Now if you receive a letter from KCRC and it states that you have a returned check and you believe it was paid. Call [protected] and we can tell you the procedure to get the check taken off of our system.

    Thank You
    Concerned Represenative

    1 Votes
  • Ti
    Tired of stupid Scams Jan 27, 2014

    Yeah it's another scam. Don't pay these people anything. They bill you for fake checks that you never wrote.

    1 Votes

Post your comment

    By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions



    Unhappy consumers gather online at and have already logged thousands of complaints.
    If you see dozens of complaints about a certain company on ComplaintsBoard, walk away.
    One of the largest consumer sites online. Posting here your concerns means good exposure for your issues.
    A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices.
    ComplaintsBoard is a good source for product and company gripes from especially dissatisfied people.
    You'll definitely get some directions on how customer service can best solve your problem.
    Do a little research on the seller. Visit consumer complaint websites like ComplaintsBoard.