CheapTrips.comVIP Membership

I purchase a Trip membership from Cheaptrips.com. 2 years ago (June 2007). At that time they sent me 2 coupons for myself and a friend. I asked at that time about additional charges. They called and made me an offer I couldn't refise. After sending all kinds of supporting documentation about how inexpensive their travel was, etc--I purchased the additionasl $200 upgrade to become a "VIP" member with a completely separate phone number to contact. When I attempted to book the flights, they gave all kinds of reasons that those "coupons" couldn't be used. Then they finally expired. Now when I try to log on to their website, I see that they are no longer in business. Since this was supposed to be a "lifetime" membership (and as I look in the mirror today--I am still alive), I feel as though I have been duped by this scam company. Any assistance I can receive from you to get my money back would be very much appreciated.

• Ri
    Ripped off Kat Dec 02, 2010

I purchased a lifetime VIP membership through cheap trips. I actvated 2 certificateS for free round trip airfare with the purchase of a 7 day resort stay. First I went to the site to book the reservations. The site did not work. It did not allow you to book reservations. I called the number on the site. I got a answering machine. Red Flag!!! How can you have a travel businesss without travel agents to answer the telephone. BEWARE PEOPLE DO NOT BUY A MEMBERSHIP TRAVEL PACKET THROUGH CHEAP TRIPS.ORG. A BIG RIP OFF!!! YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY AND GET NOTHING IN RETURN.

• Al
    AlphA2010 Jul 07, 2010

I paid for the VIP membership back in 2004 and never used it. The membership expired in 2007 and I just now (in 2010) noticed it. After reading all the negative comments about this site I'm glad I never got the chance/urge to use it although now I feel stupid for paying the $129 for the upgrade. By the way, this company has changed their website from Cheaptrips.com/aca to Cheap-trips.org; that's probably why no one can log in. Unless of course some other company now claims the Cheaptrips.com site and that's why the old company switched to Cheap-trips.org. Good luck to everyone who is trying to get their money back, but I wonder if the ACA can help, or BBB?

• Di
    Disgusted in Smithfield Oct 23, 2009

I agree, cheap trips is a rip off. I've been waiting for my refund for 5 months. If you call that so called customer service number, all you get is the run around and a bunch of excuses as to why your refund has not been processed. Then they give you a specific date and time to call the refund manager (more crock!!!). You call him and it's the same old song, just a different tune!

Disgusted in Smithfield!

• Pa
    Pahrump Oct 12, 2009

I also have a lifetime membership and can't get into the site. Is there a law sue against them pending, if so I want my money back.