Cheapoair — overbilling and fraud!
On February 3rd 2008 we purchased 2 tickets to the Phillippines totaling $2400. Customer service was OK during the payment phase. Later, on the 5th of February, 2008 we noticed we were billed 2 other charges totaling $1019.80, with no explanation. We used our Visa CheckCard, and my checking account was drained completely from that overcharge. We have tried continuously for 3 days to contact Customer Service with no luck, and no explanations of the charges. They were confirmed by our credit union as charged by CheapOair. When they returned my call about the overcharges, the caller I.D. had the name "JEN NY", rather than Cheapoair. The fly-by-night company has made no effort to reimburse the unauthorized charges. Because I am a police officer I suspected fraud after seeing the charges, and other information that raised red flags. I have contacted the Virginia Attorney General's office and intend to file criminal fraud charges against Cheapoair and it's parent companies and officers by February 10th. No further calls have been returned by the company and it is obvious they have caller I.D. as they have not answered ANY calls I have made to the "billing office". I am still out $1019.80. Please stay away from this "company".
More Cheapoair Complaints & Reviews
- CheapoAir.com - is there some sort of meltdown going on!
- CheapoAir.com and Travelation.com - bait and switch!
- Cheapoair - airfare cancellation fee made online within 24 hours
- Cheapoair - fraud and poor customer service!
- CheapoAir.com - charge for seat assignment & lousy customer service
- Cheapoair - ticket non - change ruse
- Cheapoair - refund fee
- Cheapoair - customer service
- Cheapoair Website - bait & switch
- Cheapoair - this company is a scam! do not purchase your tickets from them!