CeridianFlex Spending Account

Back in June I purchased a prescription medicine from a Canadian Pharmacy because the drug is not available in the U.S., Ceridian sent me a letter requesting the receipt for the prescription, so I sent them the receipt and a copy of the Dr's prescription slip. A couple of weeks later they sent me a denial letter and said that I would need to have Dr's statement signed by the physician if I wish to have the claim reconsidered. I called them and they told me to download the form off of their website which I did. I had the form completed by the physician and mailed it in.
A couple weeks later I was trying to purchase another prescription at my local pharmacy and discovered that the flex benefits card had been deactivated. I called Ceridian and was told that the reason it was deactivated was because the physicians statement was not in their format. After arguing with an off shore call center man for about 20 minutes I finally convinced him that the form was downloaded off of Ceridian's website. He said the claim would be resubmitted for reconsideration. A week or so later they sent me a letter denying the claim. In the letter they requested I send a pharmacy generated receipt in order to have the claim reconsidered. Dealing with this company is a nightmare. Now every single usage of my Flex benefits card when it's active is followed up by Ceridian sending me a request for receipt. Even office visits to the Dr.
I do not recommend this company to anyone.

• Ps
    ps5461 Mar 26, 2014

I have had the exact same experience. Nightmare -- every charge results in denial, denial, denial. Resubmit, resubmit, resubmit. and calls to company.
    I submitted a 700 receipt for my portion of a crown, along with dental receipt. It's very clear the amount is what I paid. They still deny. Now they want an EOB from Dental Insurance Company. This has been going on for 5 months and I'm no longer with dental insurance provider.
    Why do we have to jump through hoops to get our money? I have a repeated service performed - finally get one claim approved and they continue to deny every one after even though supporting documentation is EXACTLY the same. Every charge (other than prescriptions) results in me having to resubmit documentation multiple times, then having to make a few calls.
    ----- Next year, I will not be participating in flex spending. It's just way to hard to use it.

• Ro
    RodK.S. May 20, 2013

Ceridian has done the same thing to my account and my wife's account. It appears they are intentionally trying to deny every claim. I have never had a $10 co pay go throughout without having to upload a receipt. Forget mailing anything to them, they conveniently loose ever single receipt. I have found the only way to Dael with them is to upload every receipt and always ask for an itemized printout of your services. You will probably need it after they deny your receipt for not enough information. This company needs to be turned into every state attorney general they operate in. Come on Ceridian do you really need receipts and detailed itemizations on 100% of doctors visits! Ceridian has made it so miserable that I will never do flexible spending again. They denied a claim on my wife which she mail proof 3x. They are now holding her 2013 $1, 000 hostage for $80 dispute in 2011. Forget a call to the call center. They are in a different country and it is obvious they are paid to bird dog you.