Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. / ColopureColoPure is a scam!

Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. - www.centralcoastnutra.net

COLOPURE... SCAM!!

About a month ago, I saw an add on my email that gave me false advice about a colon cleaning product named Colopure. I ordered what was said to be a dollar bottle with 5.95 shipping. So, I figured ok, thats not bad and ordered it. But my question is how come if the company deducted 38 dollars from me twice that doesn't come up when you first purchase it on the checkout page. The first evidence of a scam. Soon following I checked my bank account which I do on a daily basis and noticed 38 dollars was gone.

I went absolutely crazy thinking someone broke into my account 'which basically happened'. I soon found out it was that colopure company taking money out for that bottle and I was placed on an automatic shipping list. Now i am being billed 38 dollars a month and I haven't even got the second bottle and I called the number and told them to cancel and they said you can try it then send it back unopened. Um duhh, how can you open something up to try and send it back unopened?

Beware people!

• Un
    Uncle Bonzi Nov 04, 2007

Call or write to the attorney generals office,. They will get you your money back in a heartbeat.

• Br
    bridgette Nov 05, 2007

I almost feel for that scam as well. But,if you read the terms and agreements on that site it clearly says that if after 20 days of using to product you do nothing and will be billed. It also says you will be billed monthly. Its important to read what you are agreeing to!

• Wi
    Will Nov 06, 2007

I did fall for that scam and I have the same results. Except I actually cancelled my membership and still got charged the $38.95. I asked if I needed to send the product back, and they said no. After several phone calls, they hung up on me, they called me names, and they "blocked" me from ever using their site. They treated me like a criminal when they were the ones who "stole" 38.95 from me. I have contacted the attorney general as well as the BBB. Do not sign up for this offer.. they will find a way to screw you.

• Te
    terry Nov 11, 2007

I was just wondering about something not related to this issue, but dealing with the product. Does ColoPure really work? If it does, then I'll buy it at a store. My advise is to never buy anything online. Somehow, someway you always end up forgetting to cancel the subscription or the company is not being honest and roll you into their program. If this happens, just refuse their product and dispute the charges with your credit card. OR return the product and then dispute it with the credit card company.The only way you can dispute the charge, is if you DIDN'T use the services, so thats why I say refuse the order or return it. AND put a block on your credit card for outside companies to have access of billing your c/c...

al hmiel Nov 19, 2007

Colo pure is a complete scam Operation also. I was charged fraudulently also an extra $39.95 to my credit card without Authorization. I contacted the Arizona Attorney general also and the Arizona BBB. They treated my rudely when I called about the bogus charge to my visa. All I can ask is everyone beware of this fly by night operation scamming individuals and their credit cards being abused.

al hmiel Nov 19, 2007

Colopure also scammed me for extra charges to my credit card almost $40 and ridiculed me when I called and asked them about how they could fraudulently charge me without authorization. Please beware of these people.

al hmiel Nov 20, 2007

Just exactly my point here is the company calling their customers ignorant in writing. A class act and buyer beware. Thanks for stating the obvious you are a scam operation. Buy Fiber One it's cheaper and more beneficial. Thanks again for responding in your derogatory tone. You are most unconsumed friendly.

Debbie Scott Nov 26, 2007

I also got screwed out of 38 dollars and another 44.95 which they refuse to give me a refund!! There was this RUDE guy by the name of Devin who called me ignorant and stupid and he even had the gall to hang up on me!!!! I tried to call back after being hung up on and another guy named Roger, who told me he was a supervisor, proceeded to tell me I should of read everything more carefully, then he hung up on me too!!!! They need to be closed down and Fined bigtime!!! From now on I will not buy anything else online!!! Somebody needs to do something to put these crooks out of business!!!!
    Anything that asks for a credit card # should make everyone think twice because when they have your banking information they will help themselves!!!!
    BEWARE OF THESE CROOKS!!!!

deborah adkins Dec 06, 2007

I too have been a victim of colopure central coast neutraceuticals I have been treated rudely and they do not responsed to any e-mails First they need to replace their customer service because these people do not believe the customer is right. I'm still waiting on a refund also.I cancelled and was told i would not be billed on day 18 of this ordeal they keep 30 days what's up here they don't know 18 from 30 days help

• We
    wendy jenkins Dec 07, 2007

Hi,

I had a similar experience to others with ccn.I told them that I planned to report their company to the bbb and the attorney gen of az. I did and the company was sent my complaint also.

Just reported 2 days ago so no news yet. Hope others do the same so the company can stop the scamming.

deborah adkins Dec 11, 2007

Hi my name is Deborah Adkins and I wrote in on 12/06/07 about ccn well I also notified the BBB that day well I have recieved word today from them that CCN has until 12/20/07 to respond the LOL I received an e-mail from CCN that my refund has been processed today so allow 7-10 business days to post so it does pay to contact the BBB.

Good luck.

• Ta
    Tammy Edwards Jan 15, 2008

I have ordered Colopure. I was charged what they say. But it also states that if after your twenty day trial period you will be charged for the bottle you recieved. Also states that during your 20 day trial period, if you do not like it send back UNUSED portion for refund. READ THE FINE PRINT PEOPLE. It is there under TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

• Ba
    BamBam79 Jan 15, 2008

I ordered Colopure from an online offer on the internet, part of a gift card promotion. I decided to cancel the order, because I did not complete the remaining requirements for the gift card. I sent an email with all of my confirmation information to their customer service, never got a reply. I called, and they did not pick up. I had to leave a message, never called back. At that point, I figured that they would probably send it, and I'd just send it back. I even considered to try it, not a bad product. It came two weeks after I placed the order--it was a 20 day trial period. I got the product and returned it after 5 days. I did a confirmed delivery at the post office, too. I was billed for the product the day after I emailed them that I had sent it in the mail AND after they sent me a confirmation email cancelling my membership! I had to keep calling, and they lied to me several times. The first person told me that the refund would come in one business day after the delivery was confirmed. It did not happen. I called, no answer, called again two business days after, and it was only posted to my account as returned when I called. Finally, after a week, I spoke with someone who said that the refund was done and that it was my bank who was taking too long. Right. So, I called my bank and had them look up any wires or pending transactions. None of it was done. I called again and went through all of this data with a smartass rep who told me I wasn't being patient and that I needed to stop calling every day to follow up on my refund since I had already been told that they did the refund. he basically hung up on me, because HE got offended by my calling. If only I could slap him! I made it very clear that I would call every day until my refund had posted. It posted the next morning.

Marilyn C. Edmonds Jan 15, 2008

Product colopure ordered around the second week in
    December. I recieved it Dec. 18, 2007.
    Basically, the same as the others. I ordered the product. My doctor told me to not use the product. I tried to cancel the product. The $38.95 was still deducted from my checking account. I cancelled the product. So many days later, the crooks deducted another $44.95 from my account after cancellation. I contacted them several times, each time talking to a different rude rep. They claim they mailed me another bottle of colopure, it came.
    I returned it and they claimed they never recieved it back. Its been a month now and they say they still don't have it , because I didn't send it back
    the way they wanted it to be sent back, they refuse to give me my money.
    They stole money out of my checking account. I simply refused the package when it came to my door and had front page xerox with their confirmation number and sent right back to them. They are the poorest excuse for human beings.When u pray on innocent ones, expecially those with disabilities such as myself, God is coming for you. I contact them to this day, they are rude, arrogant, nasty and still refuse to give me my money. One nice man last week discovered I was handicapped and said he was putting my money into my account on Friday, January 11,2008 and it has not been put into my account yet.
    DO NOT ORDER COLOPURE, IT IS A SCAM. IT IS A SCAM. THESE PEOPLE ARE ALSO CIRCULATING THE SAME BOTTLES OVER AND OVER AGAIN, THATS PROBABLY WHY THEY NEVER CAN PRODUCE ONE.
    STAY CLEAR OF THESE IDIOTS.

• It
    It's all there Jan 28, 2008

Do you people know how to read? ALL of the information about the product is listed and it is all extremely clear! I love the product and have always had good experiences with their customer care. You're checking a box that states that you "read and understood the terms and conditions" if you're going to just check the box and NOT read it then you guys are the ###s. Don't check something that says you're agreeing to something unless you actually READ it. You all put yourselves in this situation & should not be blaming this company for your stupidity. Be responsible when ordering online.

john w. hensley Feb 06, 2008

I feel like an idoit but they got me too, i haven been fighting since 1/31/08 with no luck!!

• Da
    Darlene Roes Mar 13, 2008

I order Colopure and received the product and it has left a nasty taste in my mouth, so I got on line and to my surpise I could not find a place to cancel any other orders. Could not find a place to cancel, so I am trying to cancel and take my E-mail off their list. Then, I read the stories and I sure hope it does not show-up on my credit card. I WANT TO CANCEL EVERYTHING.

• So
    Sonya Gainey Mar 14, 2008

I ordered Colopure on the 30 day trial period, with the understanding that I could cancel the agreement anytime during the 30 days. I never took the first capsule because I was advised by my doctor that is was not good for me. Before the 30 days were up I contacted customer service several times by phone and could not get an answer so I emailed them letting them know that I wished to cancel the agreement. They had already deducted 38.95 from my account which caused numerous NSF in the amount of 320.00. I have contacted an attorney and have demanded my money be refunded along with the overdraft fees. I don't plan on stopping until I get my money back ,these people have to be stopped from preying on the innocent people of america.

• Ke
    kelly conolty Apr 02, 2008

I CANT EVEN FIND A PHONE NUMBER TO CALL AND CANCEL MY ORDER. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS.

• Dy
    dylan May 16, 2008

I did not order the two bottles I received! They showed up on my bank statement along with 5 other mysterious charges. I cancelled the debit card only to find two bottles at my doorstep days later. Could they be using stolen info to get the monthly charge from people? I almost kept the bottles but saw all these reviews & it made sense. I called my bank & they said to send the bottles back. I'm convinced this company committed fraud because no one else would have benefitted from sending me the product.

• Bi
    Bill May May 27, 2008

Colopure is a scam for sure, I as many others fell prey to their deceptive business practices. The product did not work for me, I tried the product called and requested a cancellation and was told no problem keep the bottle no further charges would be incurred. Exactly twenty days from placing my order I was billed 38.95 for the trial period, I called a talked to a Jason who said yes I has called earlier and that I had only discussed the trial period and had not canceled the trial period and that I was being charged per the agreement if I had bothered to read it and even if I returned the product I would still be billed the amount. I had to cancel again to keep from being billed again. I have contacted the states attorney general, the department of agriculture, FDA and the Federal Trade Commission. This company needs to be investigated, I hope the bottle that was shipped to me was not reconstituted or filled with returned product. Contact phone number for these crooks is 888-692-8352 to get your money back contact your state attorney general office and contact the government agencies listed above.

• Do
    donna Jun 05, 2008

I also am getting messed over at this time.

I actually called 3 times to cancel an order with this company. I sent back the product with a request of a signature.

Meanwhile these people have billed me for the original 5.95 and hit me for 2 more payments, one shipment I didn't even receive.
    People beware, stay away from this company, they say their customer service is friendly and helpful. Well, they have been rude to me and irresponsible in charging me for something I didn't even get.

• Ki
    Kim Aug 22, 2008

When I signed up for a trial sample of Colopure, I was aware of the initial 5.95 charge and was aware that I would be charged beyond the trial period if I did not cancel. However, very little documentation and literature came with the product and therefore I did not know that I would be charged full price for that trial bottle if I did not cancel within 20 days. When questioning the representatives about this, they made reference to something that was in the terms and conditions section on the website. I admit that I often skim through those and it is entirely possible that I missed the verbiage that stated the terms that I claim not to know. Also, somewhere in those terms was something telling me that I would be enrolled in something called Fit Factory unless I called to decline. Needless to say, I did not catch that either and ended up with two months worth of charges without knowing it! Maybe I would have used Fit Factory, but I didn't even know I had membership to it! There were no emails or postal mail welcoming me to my membership or instructions on how to use it. I didn't even know it existed! So, $80 later, I have nothing to show for it. Let it be said that I accept responsibility for my negligence in the matter. It was a lesson learned the hard way that you MUST READ EVERYTHING YOU AGREE TO! However, when a company does not send you any type of correspondence via mail, email or otherwise and is somewhat elusive with their terms and conditions, I feel that is a very sneaky way to do business. Is it illegal? Probably not... but it is certainly very poor service that lacks integrity. Clearly, I am not the only one who has been snagged. Shame on us but bigger shame on them for doing business that way. I am disgusted by the tactics of this company and can't believe that between the Colopure and mysterious Fit Factory membership, they now have $160 of my money for which I have nothing to show... all because they make the services offered difficult to recognize!

• Ki
    Kim Aug 22, 2008

I hate to show this because I was lured in too but read the terms and conditions...

Everything is there, what you are getting, how to cancel... even the Fit Factory information is there. Do I agree with their business tactics? NO WAY but I'm not sure there is anything you can do if you agreed to these Terms and didn't follow them to the letter. If I'm wrong please email me and let me know how to get my money back anyway!

• Mi

Phone: 1-888-692-8352
    Email: [email protected]
    Available M-F 6am-5pm MST

To the Better Business Bureau:

I have a complaint against Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. I saw an offer at the following website: https://www.hoodiastar.com/1dollar/order.aspx

I ordered a $1.00 product with $4.95 shipping. Today I got a bill for $44.95. The capsules, which the website said were $1.00, were "free". I also received a bottle of something called HoodiaWater, which I did NOT order, that was billed to me at $29.95. Additionally, I was billed $9.95 for a package of gum.

On the invoice, it says that I must pay a "re-stocking fee" of 15%.

I want an immediate refund, IN FULL, with NO restocking fee.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

M**** *****

Bec Sep 05, 2008

1) read fine print on everything before agreeing to pay anything or entering your credit card info. It states (though not very clearly, nor on every page) when and how much they'll charge monthly for auto-ship of whatever you only wanted a trial for.
    2) They seem to stagger payment vs. shipping of bottles, which is really complicated and kind of sketchy.
    3) Customer service is a sham. The number for Central Coast Nutraceuticals Customer Care is 1-888-692-8352. When I tried to call them to cancel my trial, it sent me to voicemail. I'm not optimistic about receiving a call back.

Slimy, underhanded, and sketchy practice, but not really illegal. They have you check off and agree to everything legally, whether you intend to or not.

Bec Sep 12, 2008

Update:

I finally got through to a nice customer service guy, who clearly answered all my questions regarding canceling my trial. He was nice, and if everything were to occur as he stated it would, all I would be charged is a restocking fee, and no more.

I sent the bottles back with the RMA number given and a copy of my invoice, "So we know who to credit back, if it gets here late and you are charged, " he said. I even got delivery confirmation, which stated it arrived three days before the end of my trial period. Three days later, a full charge of $38.95 appeared on my credit card. Seeing as I went through every necessary step to make sure this didn't happen, it's definitely a fraudulent charge. Now I'll be starting the long process of trying to reach anyone in customer care and straighten this out.

• Tr
    TripleDDD Oct 03, 2008

I used Green Tea Extreme for a few months and I started feeling like something was hitting me inside of my head. It was like I was going to pass out. I wasn't sure what it was for a while and I thought that perhaps I was imaging things. Then I stopped taking the pill so that I can can see if it would still happen and viola the quick head pounding went away. Then one day I took it again and guess what the head pounding like a light was being turned off came back.

I am not at all satisfied with this product and I was would like a refund as I have 2 full bottles that I need refunded.

Deb Oct 08, 2008

Just so everyone knows they are still up to it. I received a package today with the same gum and hoodia water I did not order. I didn't even think the order went through as I never got a confirmation of order page then hit submit page. then today I receive the order with the extra items I know I unchecked off. I also called the telephone number provided and due to a high call volume was told to call back.
    I have sent them 2 emails tonight, one requesting the RMA number, and a pre paid shipper to return the items I did not order with a refund and requested that they dismiss the restocking fee since I never ordered the items and a second email telling them to cancel any further orders. Since I have little faith that they will actually honor my request, I contacted my bank and told them to block any additional charges from this company. keep your fingers crossed..

• Mo
    Molly Oct 15, 2008

To register a complaint against this company go to the Better Business Bureau's site where you will see they have been rated "Unsatisfactory" (an understatement, of course). The web address is : http://westflorida.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=47&bbb=0653&firm=90038912. If you're uncomfortable using this link, just google Better Business Bureau and enter the name of the company: Central Coast Pharmaceuticals. If you used a credit card for the initial "FREE TRIAL" offer, you'll need to cancel that card and ask for a new one. (You should also contact your credit card company and file a dispute report with them.) They will then no longer be able to charge you for automatic shipments. This company is a prime example of false advertising, confusing website order form, and "read the small print" first.

• Pa
    Patricia Spidell Oct 17, 2008

I ordered a bottle of free diet pills that Oprah was supposed to have lost weight with and charged $under $2.00 for shipping handling but instead I was charged $41.85 and I wasn't given a reference
    number or a price if they were charging me for the pills . Yes I fell as though I've been robbed without a gun and it's honestly made me afraid to order anything else online for fear of being ripped off . I truly feel that these companies should be held accountable for their action seeing how their greed and false claims cost and affect others . I sincerely hope that anyone reading these complaints would think before ordering anything from this company because they do lie to get their product out there so buyer beware because it's your money that they're playing with !

Alicia Oct 29, 2008

I was sucked into the scam as well. On the final review before checkout page it said I would be charged 1.00 for the bottle and 5.95 for shipping. The following day a charge of 45.85 showed on my account. I called and they said that I did not "opt out" of 2 other products...but the charge for these were not on the final checkout review.

BEWARE!!! If you are sending the products back then you must get proof of shipping from the US postal service and call them back with the tracking number or else you will not get your money back!!! They do not offer this info when you call...you have to ask for it.

• Va
    Vanessa Gerhardt Oct 30, 2008

I was taken by the same company but under a different product name. I have never heard of this company before nor I have I ever ordered anything from them. But, alas I recieved a product called hoodiburst and hoodiwater from them, they charged my account $44.85, I don't even know how they got my info. Then when I caled them they were very rude, called me a liar and told me that I would have to pay a 15% restocking fee to return the products.

Joan M Deibler Nov 03, 2008

COMPLETE SCAM!!!

• Ir
    Irene Nov 05, 2008

They are a scam, don't even fall for it. I read all the terms and conditions and followed them to the dot, returned all the products and confirmed with USPS that it was delivered to them (within the 14 days that they required for returns), and they still charged my credit card full price for the products anyways. Complete scam...they never return emails, never pick up the phone. I called my credit card company and they said i need to wait 14 days after the charge in order to file it as unauthorized and to block them from charging it anymore. Or I'm just gonna cancel my credit card. What a waste of my time

christine Nov 07, 2008

it's not just colopures either! they did the same thing to me with a product called GREEN TEA EXTREME. it was the exact scheme, get a bottle for $1 with shipping and handeling for $5.95. and NOWHERE did it say anything about it having to cancel an account or returning the product. and i looked because i've fallen for a company like this once before so i was being extra cautious not to get locked up in another scam. low and behold there was a charge on my account the next month for 38.95. at first i couldn't figure out what it was, because it was under CCNNU, which i had never seen before because the 5.95 was taken out under the name "GREEN TEA EXTREME" i called the number from the first transaction and spoke to a VERY rude man who i wish i had gotten his name before he hung up, i am also reporting this to the BBB. there was not mention of additional charges OR of returning the product. NOWHERE did it say anything of the sort.

• Di
    Diane Nov 10, 2008

PLEASE TAKE NOTE...this is the SAME company that distributes the product ACAI PURE. I ordered a trial sample and agreed to pay $1.95 S/H and had $39.95 deducted from my account. I provided a debit card and am afraid another deduction will be made. I may have to cancel my card now to prevent another deduction from being made. BEWARE. I feel very victimized.

Indianapolis, IN

BETTY J GREER Nov 10, 2008

THIS COMPANY SENT PRODUCTS THAT I DID NOT ORDER AND CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD FOR THEM AND THEY KEEP ON SENDING THE PRODUCT.

I ORDERED A SAMPLE OF ACAI PURE WHICH WAS SUPPOSE TO BE ONLY SHIPPING CHARES OF $1.98 AND THEY CHARGED MY ACCOUNT $41.85 they have sent another shippemen, which i did not order and charged my account$44.98

• Je
    Jerine Watson Nov 13, 2008

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! I ordered the "free" bottle of Acai berry magic formula ha ha ha and have not received that or the $44.85 unauthorized shipment they are trying to charge me - and I READ the fine print - nowhere did it mention that fraudulent monthly hit anywhere. I have contacted the BBB and I want my MONEY BACK! I will try to find out how to contact the Attorney General's office in AZ - this CEO, one Mike Leday, should be hung up by his you-know-what to twist in the wind. Infuriating.

Sandi Nov 13, 2008

Everyone should lodge a complaint with the better business bureau. This is important. I had the same thing happen to me and the BBB needs to know all your stories. They can not only help you get your money back but they can notify consumers. I just did it and it takes about 2 minutes to complete. Just type in BBB and then go to consumer complaints and follow their directions. They need to hear from all of you to be effective.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices