Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. / ColopureColoPure is a scam!

Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. - www.centralcoastnutra.net

COLOPURE... SCAM!!

About a month ago, I saw an add on my email that gave me false advice about a colon cleaning product named Colopure. I ordered what was said to be a dollar bottle with 5.95 shipping. So, I figured ok, thats not bad and ordered it. But my question is how come if the company deducted 38 dollars from me twice that doesn't come up when you first purchase it on the checkout page. The first evidence of a scam. Soon following I checked my bank account which I do on a daily basis and noticed 38 dollars was gone.

I went absolutely crazy thinking someone broke into my account 'which basically happened'. I soon found out it was that colopure company taking money out for that bottle and I was placed on an automatic shipping list. Now i am being billed 38 dollars a month and I haven't even got the second bottle and I called the number and told them to cancel and they said you can try it then send it back unopened. Um duhh, how can you open something up to try and send it back unopened?

Beware people!

• Ka
    Karen Roose Jun 07, 2016

October 18, 2008

I was on the internet and saw a product made from pomegranate. The company offered a bottle of 60 capsules free and I had to pay $4.95 for the shipping. I did not order anything else. When the package came, they sent Hoodiburst Gum and Hoodiawater and chagred my credit card with $44.85. This is a scam and I am very mad. I will report Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. to the Attorney General. I will not be charged for items that I did not authorize to be charged to my credit card. Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. will find out that I will pursue this scam until I get the charges removed from my credit card. I am not going to let them get away with this scam. Something is wrong with my key board, as when I type in numbers they are not the same size and not on the same level.

Karen Roose

Jane Weaver Jun 07, 2016

I opened an add about AcadiaBerry Cleansing Pill advertised by Prevention. It offered a 14-day FREE Trial for $3.95 S&H. I ordered it, was given approval, told I would receive confirmation email (didn't happen), and charged $44.85!!! Now, I can't find any information about this business. I want my money back!!!

• To
    toshka Jun 07, 2016

I had heart attack after starting this pills.

Jane Weaver Jun 07, 2016

• Tr
    Tricia Kern Jun 07, 2016

I ordered a free trial for the cost of $4.95 which was for the shipping of the product only to be charged an additional $39.90 for two other products I DID NOT ORDER thus did not authorized the transaction for. I called the [protected] number and was on hold for 15 minutes before I could actually speak with someone. Tricia claiming to be the highest manager in the department proceeded to yell over me while I tried to talk. I was told that I would have to pay the 15% restocking charge for returning the products I didn't want. She wouldn't listen claiming they have everyh right to charge me the fee and they have very few complaints about this, and began to compare themselves to how Papa John's does business. Tell me, what does Papa John's have to do with anything here? Low and behold, I logged on to file a complaint only to see pages of complaints about this. Company's like this need to be stopped from unethical practices such as this...isn't this illegal? I want ALL my money back.
    Tricia Kern

• Be
    BettyBoop Jun 07, 2016

You order a free supply and only have to pay for shipping but then you get a bill charged to your credit card for the product that is suppose to be a free trial. It's not free and you are mislead about the free product. Sad that businesses have to rely on fraud to sell product that doesn't even work. Any colon cleanse will do the same thing that this product claim to be able to do. Shame on Oprah for recommending this product on her show. Shame on me for being taken by this company. 10.95 for shipping and 15% restocking fee. I understand the shipping fee but I don't understand the restocking unless they have a large number of people who are complaining about this product. Sad, sad way to make money.

• Un
    unhappy customer Jun 07, 2016

I ordered a product from them for $4.95. I was charged $44.90. I NEVER received the product and they refuse to credit my Credit card. They are thieves!
    I have no idea what state they are in, they are in the Mountain Standard time zone.

• Pa
    Pat Waaldron Jun 07, 2016

On Sept 3, 2008 I received free trial offer along with 2 items I had not ordered, for which my credit card was billed $44.85. I emailed the company requseting a return merchandise authorization number, as they directed. I specified that I did not want to receive any more products. On Oct. 8, 2008 I received another product from them for which they charged my card $44.90. I have emailed them again requesting that this stop but no reple from them yet.

jacqueline mitchell Jun 07, 2016

I also I received a free trial offer along with 2 items I had not ordered, for which my credit card was billed $44.85. I emailed the company requesting a return merchandise authorization number and a refund of my money, as they directed. I specified that I did not want to receive any more products. I just want them to not stealing money from me.

Linda M. Reese Jun 07, 2016

I paid $4.95 shipping for trial offer. Could not use product because of disability to my digestion system. On Oct. 14, 2008 my account was billed $39.95 by Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. for the product AcaiPure (same product which made me ill after taking 1 pill from trail offer I ordered the previous month). I did not authorize this company to debit my account and do not and can not use this product. When I went online to contact the company, I noticed simular complaints about this company charging consumers for the product without permission and without even receiving another bottle of the product. I thought that If I was mailed another bottle of AcaiPure, I would send it back; unopened, and let the company know that because of my disability, the product caused severe cramps and vomiting and I no longer wished to receive it. That opportunity never presented itself. Instead, Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. debited my visa card $39.95 which resulted in an overdraw fee being charged to my account. I and my children live off disability income. Overdraft charges are very stressfull to us.

• Ce
    Cecille Jun 07, 2016

I ordered the product through a pop-up on the internet, because of the catch phrase that Oprah endorses it. When I received the order, it included a free trial of Acai Berry pills(free 30-day trial), Hoodia burts gum for $9.95 and Hoodia Water for $29.95. I immediately realized that I have been duped because when I tried to return the order, I sent them an email for an RMA# per their instructions for returns, I didn't get any reply. So, I sent another one, same result. Finally, I called them at the phone no provided, I was on hold for 52 minutes, and I did hold, out of desperation to talk to a person. In short, I did and was given an RMA#. I immediately sent the order back to them using USPS and a tracking no for the package. I checked USPS and this merchant received the package in three(3) days. However, up until now, after 30 days, I haven't received any confirmation for a credit. What's worse, I got charge for $39.95, the price of the free Acai Berry pills. So now I am waiting if they will issue me credits for two(2) $39.95 charges on my credit card. Good thing I used credit card and I was able to dispute the charges. But my God, the troubles this merchant has caused me and who knows a lot more other people.

• Vm
    VMV Jun 07, 2016

HAVE ATTEMPTED TO CALL THE NUMBER GIVEN TO OBTAIN A CONFIRMATION NUMBER TO RETURN UNORDERED MERCHANDISE FOR 10 DAYS .HAVE BEEN PUT ON HOLD for more then thirty minutes. Called backed and spent more time in hold with the same lack of response from the company. I CAN not SEND PRODUCTS BACK WITHOUT NUMBER the company demands we get from them.TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR REFUND OF MY MONEY.EMAIL HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERED.THIS COMPANY IS NOT REPUTABLE AND SHOULD BE reported to the Better Business Bureau. This company should be charged with criminal charges.

lindsay Jun 07, 2016

THE SAME THING JUST HAPPENED TO ME!!! NOW I'M ON HOLD FOR (WHAT THE COMPUTERIZED OPERATOR TOLD ME) 63 MINUTES!!!

Linda Begley Jun 07, 2016

Oprah endorsed a product called the Acai Pure Trial -- next thing I know, I am billed for products that I did not order (but because I did not click "off" 2 other products, I ordered them by default). Then I ordered another trial product and now they are billing me for additional bottles which I did not order. It hit my account today as pending and says: CHECKCARD 11/10 CCNNUT RA [protected] AZ I tried calling that (apparent) phone number and get a signal like the phone is off the hook.

• Wa
    wanda streitenberger Jun 07, 2016

I ordered a trial bottle of Green Tea Extreme for 1.00 and I recieved extre items I did not order but was charged the amount of
    $45.85. I cannor reach anyone by phone, they are always busy. My next month statement, I was charged $38.95 again for product I did nor order and again I cannot reach anyone by phone. They offered me a refund of $20.00 If I would keep the product
    they sent to me . I did not accept because I wan't the full amount refunded on both charges. I will keep writing these complaints until I recieve both refunds.

• Au
    Audrey Jun 07, 2016

I have had the exact same experience with this company. How can they be stopped and have to refund that money that they have essentially stole from everybody. I was very upset and their customer service rep told me point blank that it was too bad that I didn't like their policies, he said that's how they rolled. Lucky for him, because he would have found out how I roll. It would not have been pretty! It seems like there should be some attorney who might want to bring a class action suit out there!

• Be
    Becky Ernst Jun 07, 2016

I ordered Acai Pure Trial (free trial with a $4.95 shipping fee) When I received this order there was a hoodiburst gum(charge $9.95 ) and hoodiawater 1 unit (charge 29.95) I was told if I did not want them they could be returned unopened at my expense for shipping PLUS a 15% restocking fee. This has to be against the law. I have tried the [protected] phone number provided but, of course, there is a constant busy signal. I will be reporting this to every government agency available for fraud. I will not even chance trying the original free sample sent for fear I will be charged for this at some time as well.

• Su
    Susanna Jun 07, 2016

On 12 November, I registered for 1 free bottle of AcaiPower Cleanse, to be charged $6.95 for S&H only; my American Express card was charged $44.85. Today is 21 November and I have not received the product, but the bigger issue is that my American Express bill came yesterday and had a charge on it from Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. for $44.85. When I went back into the www.acaipowercleanse.com website, and went to the Customer Service link, it took me to the Central Coast Nutraceuticals website.

I contacted American Express immediately to report a fradulant charge on my credit card and they were very aware of this company doing business like this. I was advised to send Neutraceuticals an email immediately cancelling my order and requesting a full refund, and to not accept any shipments from them. American Express investigation department further advised me that they have received many complaints about this company's practices and they informed me that I will probably get another charge on my account for another $39.95 in teh near future, because what I ordered was not truly a free, 1-bottle offer. It was a subscription to a membership, whereby the product would be shipped to me on a regular basis, without my request, and I would continue to receive future charges.

Fortunately, American Express will not hold me responsible for these charges, but this is fraudulant and needs to be stopped.

• Ei
    Eileen Jun 07, 2016

I had the same thing happen to me and I called the company and returned the products with a confirmation number from the US Post office. The company assured me they would credit my account which they DID NOT. I now have a charge of $39.95 on this month's bill. I can only imagine what hurdles I will have to jump in order to get this straightened out! You are right this is very shady business. I hope others will read this posting before they order, I only wish I had.

• Ke
    kent ahue Jun 07, 2016

Aloha,

On 08/25/08, I placed an order for POMclear(1 month trial suppy) Order # 1014060. I received that order. Subsequently on 10/01/08 another order was sent to me Order # 1232699 without my knowledge. I will keep what ever products i have received. However, I would like to cancel any further orders. Please confirm through email.

Mahalo, Kent Ahue

• Ke
    kent ahue Jun 07, 2016

Aloha again,

I agree with all the complaints that have been previously made. The exact same thing happened to me. I made the first order on Aungust 25, 2008(one month trial order). On 10/01/08 another order was sent to me without my knowledge. As good as this product may be it seems kind of shaddy in the way they are pushing their sales of the product. Don't buy it's cheaper to buy other products that do the same thing at your local grocery or natural foos stores.

Aloha from Hawaii

• De
    Deborah Conley Jun 07, 2016

I fell victim to their scam too. I filed a complaint with the Arizona Attorney General, online. The Arizona Better Business Bureau, online. You also need to report them to your credit card company as fraudulent charges. They will return your money and stop all further charges.

• St
    Stephanie Ann Madar Jun 07, 2016

When I opened my package from POMClear, I discovered that I just had the exact thing happen to me today. Thats shady business. All I know is that is the last time I do business with this company, even to return the items. I'll keep them only because their return policy sucks! They charge a restocking fee blah blah blah. This is a classic case of "buyer beware"! However, a company that does business like this wont keep customers coming back after they take that $44.80 hit on their credit/bank card. Not to mention the one's who had overdraft fees!

• Su
    SUSIEQ02 Jun 07, 2016

Yes, the same thing happened to me & they told me in an email they would take off $15.00 if I would keep the products and I said yes & I wrote back & told them ONLY if they do not send me any more products and charge my account! Well I looked on my bank account and they have now charged me $39.95! I only wanted the trial sample for $5.95 and like you say, no one notices the checked boxes on the right when you go to order, what a scam! I didn't even need to lose weight, I was ordering just to try it because they said Oprah been behind it! SCAM!! ugh.

• Vi
    viola Jun 07, 2016

i had the same problem. But I only received the initial shipment. They billed two billings after that. My bank said to cancel my card and reissue another one so that can't charge me again.
    If I am stuck paying for this where is my product. If I am not going to be stuck then I want a credit on my card. My bank said to get a cancellation number, but you can't get hold of them. I e mailed them and they said they would respond within 48 hours its 100 hours later. Probably too many compliants and not enough time to respond with a alternative approach.

• Ca
    camille Jun 07, 2016

I ordered a free trail of PomClear for the cost of shipping and handling of $4.95. $44.80 was charged to my account, causing overdraft fees. They cleverly had pre-selected that I receive two more items next to the window that I filled out my credit card information. On this very busy graphic site I did not see the pre-selected items as something that I was ordering. It look to me that they were just two more items that they were advertising. There was no total that showed that I was ordering $44.80 worth of merchandise and shipping, only the bar across the top of the page stating free trail for the cost shipping...$4.95.

When I received the receipt via email, there was no total on it. Nor was there a list of items that I would be receiving. If there had been I would have called and canceled the order before it was shipped.

All in all very sneaky! Not a good experience. I am sending it all back including the free trail item and it will still take up to 5 days for them to process it and return the money, less the $4.95 to my overdrawn account.

• Pa
    Patricia Swan Jun 07, 2016

I tried this product for a $1.00 and I was billed $49.99 for this $1.00 trial. I want my money back into my account, because drafted it out of my account without my knowledge. You can contact me by email @ [email protected]

• Co
    CoreyD123 Feb 23, 2010

The above statement by Central Coast Nutraceuticals Inc. can be seen on all responses to complaints about this company. Indeed this company is EXTREMELY hard to work with if you plan to cancel the product and they will not help you cancel anything over the phone. Conversely, the e-mail system that they provide is of very little assisstance. If canceling this product via e-mail they will tell you it is canceled, but fail to provide any further information AT ALL. No address, no contact name, and they won't tell you that they are actually charging you late fee's and processing fee's on top of the product fee on the supplement that you will probably not recieve. This company has a great way of scamming customers and have personally taken $100.00+ from me for a product that I have never even opened. AVOID AVOID AVOID!

• Ro
    Roscoe174 Dec 10, 2009

I fell for the scam. It is an absolute rip off. And I called to cancel after I got charged and they said it would be canceled. Now a month later, I got charged again and another bottle showed up. This time I called yelling at them and they said they would cancel the charge, all I had to do was send it back. I sent it back and the charge never left! Does anyone know a number for colopure to call? Or how to call the attorney general's office?

• Sh
    Sheri001 Nov 05, 2009

The product are still a shipping scam. It's now over $60 per month and they ship every 15 days!! I cancelled my order immediately after ordering and still have received two more billings and at least one more shipment. [I assume the next shipment will arrive 15 days after being billed based on the previous order.]

To add to my distaste, I tried it for one day and was VERY sick.

My advice -- avoid this product.

• Cm
    cmdtl Oct 17, 2009

For anyone reading this in the future... canceling your credit card is the only way to protect yourself. This is if you do it before the charges are put in. We googled this company 10 minutes after oredering. Found out it was a scam, called and canceled within an hour of ordering. Just say your card was lost and the shipping charges that are pending on it were not made by you. Problem sovled! Good luck!

• Br
    bricekading Oct 13, 2009

i agree . colopure is a complete scam. i ordered the free trial one for 1.95 shipping. and the same day i got it i sent it back and cancelled the thing. sent it with a shipping confirmation tag on it from the post office so i knew it got there in time. and about almost 2 weeks later i just noticed a charge of 59. 95$ on my credit card and havent even recieved any bottles. i do not know how to go about getting my money credited back as this is my first time ever having a credit card. can someone please help me...

Chuck Turner Jul 21, 2009

The Colopure scam has many complaints:

Best thing to do is file a complaint with the FTC at: www.FTC.gov

The CPA network promoting the Colopure offer is:

Clickbooth
    Address: 301 N. Cattlemen Road
    3rd Floor, Sarasota, Florida 34232
    AIM: CLICKBOOTH
    Phone: 941.483.4188

Nomadguy Jun 22, 2009

Complaints are justified. A bunch of scaming shysters. I did order the advertised sample, but also told them by telephone May 5 I did not want any more delivery or charges. They did charge my Visa account again, but made no delivery. I had charges reversed and assumed all was fine. Then the middle part of June I received a shipment, which I refused and returned. They reversed all but $10.95 of the charges. With my second complaint VISA absorbed the $10.95 inappropriate cost. I asked that my VISA account block any further charges from COLOPURE. It is my opinion that anyone doing business with the company is taking a financial risk. I advise against doing business with them. If not shysters, they have very incompentent employees. Unfortunately most reading these comments have already been burnt. All I have actually lost thought is time spent reversing inappropriate charges.

Joyce Curtis Jun 17, 2009

I just finished talking to first a man and then his supervisor to cancel further shipment on Colopure. The first man said this was done but that I had to return the Hoodia and the Green Tea. I explained to him that I had received a call from a man the day after I had ordered the trial offer of Colopure who offered me a fourteen day trial of these two products for $1.00. He reassured me after I had asked him many questions that all I had to do was call and cancel within 14 days and I would not be charged another thing . Today when I called I was told the Colopure was cancelled but I didn't ask how much I had been charged. I was informed I had to send the other back since I had been shipped a months supply! No amount of arguing would change things because they knew it was a scam. The supervisor hung up on me after accusing me of not wanting to reach an agreement with him of giving in to his demands. I knew when I received the full months supply shen I had been told I was ordering 14 days supply, that this was a scam. I feel so stupid for being so gullible.

• Bo
    Bob Brown Feb 12, 2009

I have been scammed by the same set of compnaies...Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Colorpure and Fit-fac.com. I was billed 4 times for three different amounts by three companies. It's not enough to block one company and one amount. It's like cancer. I just had to (February 2009) close and open a new account. I filed a fraud complaint with the Bank of America fraud department and a complaint with the MA Attorney General's Office. The company has an address in Phoenix. I read that the AZ Attorny General has sued them for fraud. But they continue. I can only think they are making millions on people who don't review their charges or our old and can't deal with them.

The only way I stopped it was by a bank accounht change. It is torture and I hope this whole group gets what is coming to it...If you visit the getorderhelp.com so called customer service, you will see the company. Theier hold time is over an hour. They wear you down. I decided not to let this one go. I am taking further action.

• Th
    TheProfessor Jan 24, 2009

I was scammed for $ 44.85, all I wanted was the free trial offer and I was to pay S & H, a minimal amount. They said it would be shipped in 3-5 days .over a month later I received this junk. In the meantime I had talked to them ( 120 minute wait, 97 minute wait, 106 minute wait) and I was treated very bad by a lady there and she told I had purchased 2 additonal items, other than the free trial, which I had not purchased ...I had called my credit card company, they canceled the card with number they had, sent me another card, credited my account the full amount and they are after THEM for the money...I filed a formal billing dispute and I hope these people get what they deserve.

• Ka
    Karen Jan 07, 2009

AcaiPure and ColoPure and Fit-Fac.com are all scamming everyone. Yes, there might be fine print in their Terms and Conditions, but there is also a the trust of fair advertising and a moral code that is broken here. I have reported fraud to my credit card company and they have issued me a new card so these scammers cannot charge anything further to my credit card. NOTE: Never, ever use a debit card to pay for something online. It comes directly out of your checking account and you have no recourse. Always use a credit card if you purchase something online. Basic security rule for doing transactions online. Better yet, use PayPal so no one gets your credit card number to begin with.

Anyway, your odds of recovering your charges to a debit card are almost nil. But, do report them to your credit card company and file a fraud complaint. They will remove the charges from your credit card while the complaint is being reviewed. If you cannot prove fraud, then they WILL be recharged to your card. Consider this an expensive lesson. Never agree to any Terms and Conditions of a deal that sounds extraordinarily good. If you need the address of this Neutraceuticals company who produces/sells AcaiPure and ColoPure, here it is:

AcaiPure- Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc.
    Phone: [protected]
    Fax:
    2375 East Camelback Rd., 5th Floor
    Phoneix, Arizona, 85016
    U.S.A.

• Mi
    Michele Dec 10, 2008

I too had the same experience. And to those who say read the instructions, I DID. There was no indication of a choice to buy hoodia water when I first ordered, and no indication I'd be charged for it when I authorized the purchase. Then, you're supposed to have two weeks to try the product after you receive it, to cancel the next shipment. My two weeks was yesterday, and I called to cancel. I spoke to someone named John who said they would cancel, but he never told me while on the phone (yes I had to wait over an hour to get someone) that the company charged me MONDAY (the day before my fourteen days was up) for three more shipments, causing an overdraft and three more bottles of stuff that I not only don't want, it isn't working ! I'm on hold right now to ask why I was charged before my fourteen days was up. I'm probably going to have to close this bank account just to prevent them from charging me again.
    Even if some people aren't reading everything clearly, they are not professional, because I too never received any answer to my email.
    Don't order from this company.

• Bo
    Bob Dec 01, 2008

After reading all the complaints, (I should have read them before I ordered) now my credit card was charged $45.85 and should have been charged $1.00 plus shipping = $5.95. Tried to call a half dozen times and all that I get is: We are experienceing unusual high volume, your hold time is 60 minutes 30 seconds. Tried to e-mail them at [email protected] their reply was. Please allow up to 72 hours for a response. That was 12 days ago, I still haven’t heard back from them. The product was ordered over 3 weeks ago and I still haven’t received it. If and when I do get it, it’s going right back to them without me even opening it. This is probable a one or two person operation set up just to scam everyone.
    So watch the credit card that you used, make sure that you don’t have any unauthorized charges, and call your credit card company, like I did and tell them that this is another scam.
    How to get your money back, take a look at: /URL removed/