Carvelrudeness

R

Yes Hello my name is Rachel. I live in Oakdale, New york. I am currently filing a complaint against Carvel in Sayville. My boyfriend Michael took me out to dinner at Cafe Joelle on Main Street in sayville ny and we decided to go get ice cream after at Carvel located on 25 Main street, sayville 11782. Michael noticed a Now Hiring sign outside and told me I should pick up an application there. Right now I am trying to support my mother and help her pay the bills, so i am trying to find a job. Me and Mike had a long day that afternoon and his eyes were red because he was tired.We both went it and signed the application. The manager told me he will call me. The following day i received a call from him telling me to come in for an application. My brother drove me there and stayed on the side. As i entered the entrance, the manager pulled me outside and asked me a couple of questions if i had any experience or not. I told him the deal. Then he questions me saying " was that your boyfriend? I know he was stoned. He is a pothead." That remark made me very upset. So he sent me back in carvel to fill out the schedule of when i can do my days. Another girl was waiting inside and he pulled her outside as well. At the time, the manager didn't know my brother was there waiting and overhead the manager talking about me saying "this girls not going to get hired. She probably smokes weed as well. I am not going to hire her!" My brother overheard him saying that. I am very upset because I did not get this job because some man wanted to be judgmental. How dare a MANAGER of a store even say that about his customers. Please contact them and tell them about my complaint.

Or please e-mail me at [protected]@yahoo.com or [protected]@aol.com

Thank you.

• Da
    DanZ Oct 25, 2009

I agree, I was at the Carvel in Highland Park. Talk about cheap! I was with my family, seven of us in total, and four year old wanted more sprinkles. The guy working the counter said flatly, "NO!", we could not get any extra sprinkles, unless we paid for an extra small ice cream. What's wrong, pal, seven orders aren't enough for you to make a little kid happy?

• Fl
    flyflh Jun 20, 2016

On Saturday night June 18th, 2016 around 6:30 PM, I went to the Carvel store on 12-72 River Rd, Fair Lawn, NJ. I walked in and the woman behind the counter said Hi. I said Hi then ordered a small vanilla cone. She started to get my order then abruptly turned to the woman next to her and said "You take this one, I don't want to serve a homo" and then walked away. This was about a week after the Orlando shooting.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices