CarRentals.comrental car

R

I wish I would have read this complaint board before trying to rent a car through CarRentals.com. I thought I had a reservation at the Cleveland Airport through Avis, but when I arrived at the Avis rental counter, the Avis rep said she did not have my reservation. When I called the Avis support number on my confirmation form, I was told my reservation was at an airport in Canada, which was a complete surprise since I have not been to Canada in 20 years. Anyway, I ended up going to several other car rental agents before I finally rented a car for $90 more than my original reservation. When I contacted CarRentals.com via e-mail as they do not post any customer support phone numbers on their website, I was told I would be compensated for the difference in cost, but so far their customer service or support has not offered me any compensation. All I can say is you are on your own if they screw up your reservation as apparently they do this a lot. Several of the rental car agents at Cleveland said rental car reservations are often routed to the wrong rental car locations when customers book through third party web sites like CarRentals.com. What frustrates me is CarRentals.com pretends to have a customer support function, but their only purpose is to avoid providing any helpful customer support.