[Resolved] Carflexirental car charges

D Review updated:

I recently rented a car through CarFlexi for one week at a price of $206. I paid CarFlexi $16.27 up front. They emailed a document that said "The amount of USD 189 is payable at the rental desk. Any additional extras or Supploementary insurances purchased locally are payable at the rental desk."

I didn't purchase any extras and was shocked that my amount due at Fox Rent A Car was $455.41. The agent said the additional fees were airport taxes and $150 deposit. I had no choice at this point other than to pay.

I have disputed the charges through my CC company and have called both Fox and CarFlexi. Turns out that on the doc they sent to me it says "Your rental excludes: all taxes and fees. Third party insurance/RLP+SLI, Fuel, Highway tools." They know what they are doing is deceitful and trickery. I've now read yelp reviews and I'm not alone in this scam!

RESOLVED

• CarFlexi's response · May 01, 2017

Dear DaisyDuke1,

Could you please advise your voucher number?

Thank you for your response.

Best regards,
    CarFlexi.com

JavierIgnacio Soria Dec 25, 2017

e-Voucher No: 3402004 Car Rental Provider Confirmation No: RWR/1095993/2017
    Dear Sirs I suppose to have somebody in the Poznan Airport to pick up me, after waiting for more than half and hour and 3 calls to the company car express the agent came to me. After that instead of the outstanding payment rest of 137, 40 Eur they charge me 160 Eur (eq 650 PLN) and they told me i have not extra insurance and i must pay this amount. Even they have seen my voucher no care and they charge me telling is carflexi fault and not them ...this is totally unfair, dishonest and i am totally disagree with such unfair, and dishonest way to treat customer just taking care of your money and take in out no reponsibility to ppl with integrity and honest like me. I must say. Never will make any reservation with your company and nor with car express except if you give a fair solution to us.
    Javier Ignacio Soria Torres
    [email protected]

• R2
    r2d2athens May 07, 2018

I had exactly the same issue! They charged my 69 Eur without my consent. This company is SCAM.

I rented a car for 5 days in Syros, Greece and they charged me for a premium service worth Eur 68 that I had not selected. Furthermore, they NEVER included the cost of that premium insurance in the voucher nor they sent a receipt for the payment. I only realized of this expense when I looked at my credit card statement.

Their customer service is the WORST! I called their representative in Greece, the guy was not able to explain what the charge was for. He was extremely disrespectful and unprofessional - he even hung up the phone on me! I have booked hundreds of cars all over the world, and this one has been without any doubt my worst experience.

This is one of those companies that can certainly ruin your holidays. Stay away from them! Go with a trusted and well known company.

e-Voucher No: 3660889

• Mi
    Mitchell Noble Jun 25, 2018

total scammers, do not use, do not book with them

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices