Car WarrantyRip off artist

After spending over $2800 on the 100, 000 warranty, my cars wiring for the turn signals went bad. Come to find out not only do they not pay for the diagnostics, they also don't pay for wiring. If you read the contract all it replaces is... uh, pretty much nothing.

I tried emailing the company acting as an interested customer with my current problem as a question and was told that they themselves do not do car warranty and they were hired by the state and federal government.

Huh?

• Ba
    babs Mar 30, 2009

They convinced me into getting warranty on the condition if not used will refund amount of 1800.00 back . After several phone calls and emails I finally got a number they said they ran out of money and would send as soon as they could. the next time I got through which was couple weeks the company was resolved but company with same name and same people running it would not honor my refund they said that company is no longer there yet the same phone number and same company name and they had the nerve to ask if I would like another warranty with them.. How can they do that. I am disabled and I can't believe people can just do that. there should be a law against this...

Sandra Wood Oct 25, 2011

I purchased a warranty plan in 2008 and only 2 times have I been approved for services on my car. I was told by the agent that my car would be covered head to toe on all repairs that were NOT NORMAL maintenance. Every time I call about a repair needed on my car, I am told it's not covered. I have had my account paid in full for some time not and believe that I was taken in as a single mom and now just get the run a run around. That did I pay almost $3, 000.00 for.
    Almost every repair I have paid for out of pocket and the last time (about 1 week ago) again put out $343.00 for tie rods that I don't believe are normal maintenance. I contacted Great American who is listed on my contract as contact for claims and much to my surprise, again, I am not covered. Where did my money go? I would like to know how to get a refund on my warranty purchase, if possible.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices