Canoncanon printer

S Apr 27, 2019

This is addressed to the most senior person at canon - ignore this email at your own peril.

I am f*ing livid!! the piece of [censored] you manufacture and make billions on landed me in hospital last night (i am holding canon responsible for bill) after 7 hours trying simply to print 4 f*cking important pages!!! am homeless soon & needed to put up 4 pages on notice boards.

Spent hours on canon 24 hour support, some international company (i am in south africa) - kept telling them my bank account is empty and they must fix issue, yet after countless messages with support person telling them this, got sent to the screen to pay!!! it is canon mx494 i

bought printer year & half ago (there was nothing wrong with my money, but get a piece of [censored]!!) for last 6 months been battling to print. Eventually after about 40 hours on internet got printer to work to point where u put in just one piece of paper, at the exact correct angle, it would print one page, so spent 20 minutes on every page i had to print. It broke for no reason exactly 3 days after warranty expired.

Last night, if it does take my one page, it prints lines horizontally over the printing!!!

7 hours later, i landed up in the er with a severe panic attack (which you will pay bill for). Ironically, just spent 11 days in a psychatric ward, which canon managed to make any progress i had made, completely regress, leaving me sicker than ever!!!

came out of hospital straight back to printer. I have to put up posters looking for a place to stay as am jobless (qualified tax consultant for last 20 years but may never work in south africa again as am white), and soon to be homeless.

Dont even try to charge me a fcking cent for anything - have nothing but time and if its the last thing i do in my life, will publicise this so widely on social media, newspapers, tv coverage etc. I still have coverage with legalwise until end of month, so will contact them on monday to get a lawsuite going. Dana eitzen - call me on [protected]

so tried again tonight:

first did all maintenance cleans etc.

When doing the 'head alignmnet', it took about 8 to 10 mins

after all cleaning, re alignment etc, tried to print but got error 5100. Paper jams at back of printer. Says 'check inside & ink' which did, cleared jam and tried again

when did 'bottom cleaning' paper jammed and error code 1300

still can only put one page at a time into feeder cause if you put 10 or 11 etc, printer grabs all pso ages at once
but despite all above, can still not print one [censored]ing page, which is a crucial notice i should have put up on friday night already looking for a job and a place to stay!!!

so this is what you are going to do - i am not asking, but demanding:

send someone to come to flat to fix printer - i was able to pay rent until saturday 04 may 2019, after which am living on the streets. The address is 28 nieuw rheezicht, 3 culver street, gardens, cape town, 8001

do not dare try to charge me for the useless, inferior piece of crap i spent my valuable rands on (obviously didnt know at the time)

i am now iller than ever - send me the contact name, number, email address of the ceo or cfo of canon, who i will send the emergency room hospital bill to. I demand to get into contact with the most senior person at company - dont dare send me call centre numbers or general support email addresses like these!!!

send me the details where i can send my hospital claim to which you are responsible for - dont even try and dispute your liability - if it werent for your piece of rubbish product, i would not have landed up in the er!

i have been told that in general, all electronic equipment etc is designed to break after about a year, so that the big corporates can rake in the billions by forcing innocent victims to have to buy new items each year, which most people can obviously not afford!!!

i am having the same fight with elextrolux - spent r2 800 on a vacuum cleaner thinking rather spend more and it will last for years, like things used to in the old days. Same story - a week after the year warranty, the also plastic, inferior piece of [censored] gave in and despite twice spending r550 to fix it (was still working then), had to through it away!

the crap stuff that the greedy billionnaire corporates manufacture purposefully inferiorly, is corrupt, illegal and criminal and as said, if its the last fight i fight in my life, i will fight it relentlessly until i get results. Not to mention unethical and just purely disgusting!!!

this was however more serious as landing me in hospital and wasting precious minutes which i have to try to secure some income or a spot to live and come hell or high water, you will be held responsible.

So call me on monday (leave message if no answer as will be queing at government hospital for meds).
Or email me on [protected]@gmail.Com - this must be done on monday as am trying to sell laptop for money to eat. Will have to sell printer eventually too, only once you have fixed it and ive printed what i need to.

Have just had a look at the volume of complaints online to canon products in general - and seems that no-one gets any help or resolution.

Canon just exist to grab your money and run!!! strangely enough, i was suicidal earlier, but now have so much rage in me, actually have the will to live and fight this!!!

sharon walsh

[protected]

• Updated by sharon walsh · Apr 27, 2019

And now you have the Audacity to get me to fight with the system for an hour just to submit the complaint as "my complaint contains too many Capital Letters" Seriously??
    I purposefully wrote it all in Caps as I was shouting and trying to get the severity of the matter across!
    Who are you to refuse a complaint written in Caps?
    Deal with my Complaint as a matter of life or death urgency! I have wasted enough precious time now and cannot find a word strong enough to express my Anger!

• Ba
    barjammar Nov 30, 2020

Just a complaint about the Canon G3010 series printer. I had limited choices but as it was INK TANK I thought that was the main thing for me - so I bought it. After installing I can say..
    OK
    1. Printing of documents and photos is good ( a little slow but OK).
    TERRIBLE
    2. Scanning is ????!! NO SCAN FROM CONTROL PANEL TO PC??!! (NO CONTROL PANEL!!??).
    3. NO SCANNING TO USB??!! (No USB Socket).
    4. Not able to communicate with Mac or iPhone print commands.
    5. Print from iPhone very limited
    6. No scan to CLOUD or email or receiving print commands from internet.

Q. How can Canon not include software features which have been in most printers for about 10 years? I can't believe it. In retaliation I went and bought an expensive Epson WF-7840 A3 printer. It is so much better and worth the cost. And it has lots of really nice software functions and USB socket. Canon you are Toast!

Barry